There is more to life than Hearts

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

Or is there?

Some of the posts on this board in the recent days would make you think there isn?t.

The uproar over Wolves being interested in Berra, the 2 Million price tag put on Wallace. The nonsense posts about selling all our players to reduce debt and oust mad Vlad.

Jeez

And lately, the slanging of Gary Mackay for being an agent, only interested in lining his own pockets and making a quick buck!

What do people want?

Gary Mackay played for Hearts, he was a hero. Now he is an agent. Do people expect him only to serve Hearts? His job is only to find players for Hearts and make sure they stay there? What sort of agent is that? A good one for HMFC yes, but not a realistic one.

I thank Gary for all he did at the club, and all he still does, but I am not blind to the fact he is an agent, and has a job to do.

I also am not blind to the fact that there are higher goals in football than playing for Hearts (unless you are born and bred a Hearts supporter). If Berra goes, I will thank him for his service, and wish him the best in his future. I won?t dwell on the fact he left. But focus on what he gave us when he was at the club. To do so is sheer selfishness and ignorant.

If you love something set it free....

This club has enough trouble right now with the hole it has dug itself in.

Fans are at each other throats; we have no manager or direction.

Nobody seems to trust Vlad or believe his motives are anything more than mischievous.

So the current tone is to be half expected.

But people need to look beyond their doorsteps. A world does exist out there. There are other football teams, better football teams, with more money. Accept that these things happen, and see it for what it is, rather than some attack on HMFC or worse, the fan themselves.

Every player at HMFC has a price tag. But that does not mean they are up for sale or trying to be sold. Football is business, a business we go along to watch. And in business, things you don?t want to happen sometimes do. The fans handed over HMFC to Romanov, now some are ruing their mistake, a business mistake some would agree. Let?s not take that frustration out on others simply because we can?t accept the blame ourselves.

Or is there?

Some of the posts on this board in the recent days would make you think there isn?t.

The uproar over Wolves being interested in Berra, the 2 Million price tag put on Wallace. The nonsense posts about selling all our players to reduce debt and oust mad Vlad.

Jeez

And lately, the slanging of Gary Mackay for being an agent, only interested in lining his own pockets and making a quick buck!

What do people want?

Gary Mackay played for Hearts, he was a hero. Now he is an agent. Do people expect him only to serve Hearts? His job is only to find players for Hearts and make sure they stay there? What sort of agent is that? A good one for HMFC yes, but not a realistic one.

I thank Gary for all he did at the club, and all he still does, but I am not blind to the fact he is an agent, and has a job to do.

I also am not blind to the fact that there are higher goals in football than playing for Hearts (unless you are born and bred a Hearts supporter). If Berra goes, I will thank him for his service, and wish him the best in his future. I won?t dwell on the fact he left. But focus on what he gave us when he was at the club. To do so is sheer selfishness and ignorant.

Nobody seems to trust Vlad or believe his motives are anything more than mischievous.

But people need to look beyond their doorsteps. A world does exist out there. There are other football teams, better football teams, with more money. Accept that these things happen, and see it for what it is, rather than some attack on HMFC or worse, the fan themselves.

Every player at HMFC has a price tag. But that does not mean they are up for sale or trying to be sold. Football is business, a business we go along to watch. And in business, things you don?t want to happen sometimes do. The fans handed over HMFC to Romanov, now some are ruing their mistake, a business mistake some would agree. Let?s not take that frustration out on others simply because we can?t accept the blame ourselves.

Bang on queue mate!

you never f®ail!!

maroonlegions
Or is there?

Jeez

What do people want?

okay there is more to life than HMFC but in life there are some things that are worth fighting and supporting for and in my eyes HMFC are one of those things in life that should be fought and supported for,:cool:

Guest S.U.S.S.
Or is there?

Jeez

What do people want?

Dr B, i often poke fun at your posts but not this one. Very accurate, very well written, a lesson to some of the drama queens on here.

Dr. Bapswent
okay there is more to life than HMFC but in life there are some things that are worth fighting and supporting for and in my eyes HMFC are one of those things in life that should be fought and supported for,:cool:

I agree.

But any tactition will tell you there is value in tactical withdrawals and even tactical defeats.

Its ok to accept you have lost battles in order to continue the war.

You cant believe you must win everything otherwise its just not fair.

Hearts have to sell, they are a selling club, as long as they sell at the right price etc.

As you say, somethings are worth fighting for.

Such as getting the right price for a player who wants away, beyond that, we have to accept the rest.

200milesfromgorgie

agree but for some people there is NOT more to life other than posting on JKB! ;)

maroonlegions
I agree.

But any tactition will tell you there is value in tactical withdrawals and even tactical defeats.

Its ok to accept you have lost battles in order to continue the war.

You cant believe you must win everything otherwise its just not fair.

Hearts have to sell, they are a selling club, as long as they sell at the right price etc.

As you say, somethings are worth fighting for.

Such as getting the right price for a player who wants away, beyond that, we have to accept the rest.

agree with most of that but we have to replace quality with quality and if Berra goes for the right price will he be replaced with someone similar , sadly we do not know and this is cancer that is eating away at the supporters TRUST , i feel next season is make or brake for a big number of fans , vlad has to get it right or our ST sales and crowds will diminish , surly vlad did not get were he is today by treating his other business in the way he is going about it at Hearts, time will tell and i for one hope he can see the errors of his ways since Burly was punted.:scared::clock:

Dr. Bapswent
agree with most of that but we have to replace quality with quality and if Berra goes for the right price will he be replaced with someone similar , sadly we do not know and this is cancer that is eating away at the supporters TRUST , i feel next season is make or brake for a big number of fans , vlad has to get it right or our ST sales and crowds will diminish , surly vlad did not get were he is today by treating his other business in the way he is going about it at Hearts, time will tell and i for one hope he can see the errors of his ways since Burly was punted.:scared::clock:

Thats exactly right.

Which is why I dont get why so many people post with such conviction about stuff they are only guessing about and broadcasting it like its fact.

Do they want to be right?

Is being right more important that the club doing well?

Im happy to see who is right by watching and experienceing it, and judging accordingly. Not making assumptions in advance to be able to tell others they told them so!!

Or is there?

Jeez

What do people want?

Correct.

There is a programme on Channel 4 tonight about overly hairy people. Are you on it?

:rofl:

Or is there?

Jeez

What do people want?

Bloomin well put. Lets no turn into Celtic, the world's no out to get us.

Or is there?

Jeez

What do people want?

A 1st class 'post', well done sir!:)

Buffalo Bill

Footballers come and footballers go and are there to advance their careers.

Loyalty is for fans.

It's pretty simple, really.

Buffalo Bill

Dr. Bapswent
Footballers come and footballers go and are there to advance their careers.

Loyalty is for fans.

It's pretty simple, really.

Buffalo Bill

So tell me BB,

Why do so many not seem to understand that concept and get so upset about it?

Not really been bothered with kickback lately so haven't read much but are people getting upset at the possible loss of Berra?

?2m is a steal for no more than a decent player.

Buffalo Bill
So tell me BB,

Why do so many not seem to understand that concept and get so upset about it?

It could be a generation thing. MacKay, Henry, Robbo, Zico etc were round for years; and players like Donald Ford etc in previous eras were much the same. Even in the 90s we had heroes.

But players today can move around easier and now that teams are filled with foreign 'talent' means less 'loyalty', in a geographical sense.

It's the little kids I feel sorry for. There's no-one around now worth having their names on the back of a jersey. Partly because they're journeymen and mostly because they're ****e.

As for big kids, they really should know better.

Buffalo Bill

Dr. Bapswent
It could be a generation thing. MacKay, Henry, Robbo, Zico etc were round for years; and players like Donald Ford etc in previous eras were much the same. Even in the 90s we had heroes.

But players today can move around easier and now that teams are filled with foreign 'talent' means less 'loyalty', in a geographical sense.

It's the little kids I feel sorry for. There's no-one around now worth having their names on the back of a jersey. Partly because they're journeymen and mostly because they're ****e.

As for big kids, they really should know better.

Buffalo Bill

I agree.

But it was not long ago we did have heros...

Pressley, Hartley, Gordon, Skacel...Miko?

Skacel, Fyssas and Miko came out of no-where, as did Devries.

Yet we took them to our Hearts and they made us proud.

It was not take much to get that back, and the first step on that road is stability.

I get the feeling that we fully intend on getting a manager the fans respect and they will have control (ok we didnt get McGhee). And this is the start of what we need.

I think we do have potential heros in the club. I think Berra, Driver, Glen all have potential to be heros. None of them have been sold yet, despite the panic in the press and on KB.

Buffalo Bill
I agree.

It was not take much to get that back, and the first step on that road is stability.

I get the feeling that we fully intend on getting a manager the fans respect and they will have control (ok we didnt get McGhee). And this is the start of what we need.

I think we do have potential heros in the club. I think Berra, Driver, Glen all have potential to be heros. None of them have been sold yet, despite the panic in the press and on KB.

Of course Hartley, Gordon, Pressley were heroes to the fans, and yes - Glen, Driver will be heroes to kids nowadays (maybe I was grumpy when I wrote my last post).

It's just been very difficult to get excited or upset now.

When we sold Cameron and Niemi I was gutted.

If we sold Berra tomorrow I wouldn't really care.

Not because Berra isn't a good player: it's just that the Romanovs have knocked the stuffing out of me a bit.

The appointment of one manager will cheer me up no end.

Buffalo Bill

Auld Reekin'
I agree.

Really?!?!?!?!? :eek:

I don't, but certainly hope you're right and I'm wrong. :P

Archived