U20's vs Celtic

jambo191

Mason L. Smith Jones Henderson Reid I. Smith Baxter Beith Moore Buchanan Roy

Subs McLean Howlett-Mundle K. Smith MacDonald Irving

Malcolm Tucker

Baur away with Scotland I believe. No Zanatta again (he was also only given 45 mins against QoS) would suggest he's firmly in mind for Saturday.

Celtic team

Doohan Wardrop Kelleher McCart McIlduff Hill Thomson Murray Hendry Miller Lafferty

Subs Hazard Higgins Johnston Kerr Kidd

Baur away with Scotland I believe. No Zanatta again (he was also only given 45 mins against QoS) would suggest he's firmly in mind for Saturday.

Morrison with Scotland U17s as well

Jambof3tornado

Has gout.

Shouldnt be funny but is. Would love to see him come good. In the brief spells he's played I thought he had a good eye for a pass.

Time will tell if he's a wage feef or not.

Shouldnt be funny but is. Would love to see him come good. In the brief spells he's played I thought he had a good eye for a pass.

Time will tell if he's a wage feef or not.

Seriously after nearly 2 seasons of nothing I think its time he bolted.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Seriously after nearly 2 seasons of nothing I think its time he bolted.

He's getting the Kenny treatment now I suspect.

He's getting the Kenny treatment now I suspect.

Wondered this as surely he should be an auto starter in the u20's if he is within weeks of a first team return (or at least was according to Robbie few weeks back).

Not looking good for Howlett-Mundle as he seems to starting few games.

Loan to Montrose never really worked out for him either. How old is he now?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wondered this as surely he should be an auto starter in the u20's if he is within weeks of a first team return (or at least was according to Robbie few weeks back).

That last interview when asked (Nielson - EEN) he seemed very non committal, he had some problems and needed to work hard. That was Kenny speak not so long ago.

Seriously after nearly 2 seasons of nothing I think its time he bolted.

Getting the impression there is a real problem with his work rate and attitude.

Footballfirst

Half time 0-1. Poor goal to lose from a free kick with the centre back knocking the ball in at the back post.

Celtic having the bull of possession but Hearts are still in the game.

Goal looked a tad offside, but hey-ho. Wee Jambos are still looking good. Henderson, who didn't get much mention the other night, has played another strong game at the back.

tartofmidlothian

That last interview when asked (Nielson - EEN) he seemed very non committal, he had some problems and needed to work hard. That was Kenny speak not so long ago.

I can't remember exactly what Nielson said, but IIRC it was something about wanting to see him show up better in u20s games. The fact he's not even getting games might tell us something. Or just that he's carrying an injury again.

I can't remember exactly what Nielson said, but IIRC it was something about wanting to see him show up better in u20s games. The fact he's not even getting games might tell us something. Or just that he's carrying an injury again.

Yeah I got the impression from a Neilson interview (I think in the EEN) that they were wanting him to play U20s to get his fitness up but he wasn't putting in 100% effort in those games 

Yeah I got the impression from a Neilson interview (I think in the EEN) that they were wanting him to play U20s to get his fitness up but he wasn't putting in 100% effort in those games

Personally I don't think we'll see him in the first team again.

Personally I don't think we'll see him in the first team again.

Neither do I.

I'm very much in the "he never got a proper chance" camp but sometimes these things happen when you take a risk on an injury prone player.

Neither do I.

I'm very much in the "he never got a proper chance" camp but sometimes these things happen when you take a risk on an injury prone player.

I saw enough about him to think that he could've been a been a decent player for us but like I said earlier he just doesn't seem to be working hard enough (when he's fit) to get back into the first team.

tartofmidlothian

Neither do I.

Neither do I, but I think it was his injuries which restricted his chances. If he's Kennyed in the summer he'll go with none of us knowing how good he could have been.

Neither do I, but I think it was his injuries which restricted his chances. If he's Kennyed in the summer he'll go with none of us knowing how good he could have been.

Yeah I think it was too, wasn't meaning to sound like I was having a go at the management for not playing him enough. 

Yeah I recall this now that I think about it, little while before he hinted he wasn't far off where he needed to be re fitness but the last I read he didn't seem overly pleased with how he was doing in the u20s.

Maybe he will start on Sat and surprise us all :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Yeah I recall this now that I think about it, little while before he hinted he wasn't far off where he needed to be re fitness but the last I read he didn't seem overly pleased with how he was doing in the u20s.

Maybe he will start on Sat and surprise us all :)

You'll be telling me Hibs will win the big cup next :laugh4:

5 minutes left and still 0-1.

Celtic will have won their past 5 away matches 1-0 if it stays like this.

Going sonly on stats, it looks like Hearts have put in a very good effort despite not seeing too much of the ball.

You'll be telling me Hibs will win the big cup next :laugh4:

Haha, bout as much chance as an El Hass hattrick this weekend tbh.

How did Beith get on today for anyone who was at the game?

First half pretty much all Celtic with Hearts struggling to keep the ball. The goal looked to be offside with the final touch coming almost on the goal line. A much better second half for Hearts and dominated most of it. They were unlucky not to come away with a draw after two chances were cleared of the line and another hit the post. A good effort from all and they probably feel a draw would have been fair. Good performances from Henderson, Smith and Beith and another very good performance from Aaron Reid continuing to improve at left bk.

Footballfirst

First half pretty much all Celtic with Hearts struggling to keep the ball. The goal looked to be offside with the final touch coming almost on the goal line. A much better second half for Hearts and dominated most of it. They were unlucky not to come away with a draw after two chances were cleared of the line and another hit the post. A good effort from all and they probably feel a draw would have been fair. Good performances from Henderson, Smith and Beith and another very good performance from Aaron Reid continuing to improve at left bk.

I'd echo much of that. Henderson was top man for me. He made a number of timely interceptions and challenges, gave a bit of cover to Aaron Reid and almost created a couple of goals at the other end by winning headers. From the first, Lewis Moore had his effort cleared off the line, then from the second Russell McLean hit the post.  Goose also had an effort cleared off the line.

It was only in the last 10 minutes, after Hearts had brought on a couple of U16s in Anthony McDonald and Andy Irving, that Celtic regained a bit of control.

That's Celtic's sixth 1-0 win in 19 games this season, five of them coming away from home, so they are pretty accomplished at holding onto leads, although I felt that we might have got something out of the game around the middle of the second half.

I think you will find it was GAME. He played about 20 minutes of one game and can't be arsed since.

Don't understand what people mean by getting the Anderson treatment which makes it sound as if he has been hard done by. The guy has been unlucky with injuries fair enough but he needs to knuckle down and get back to full fitness instead of sitting around feeling sorry for himself.

The only person that is to blame here is El Hass, the sooner we bump him the better in my opinion.

Footballfirst

Good to hear. Reckon he is still a bit away from first team still?

Personally, I think he deserves a chance before the end of the season (and a new contract). Just ease him in with increasing length of sub appearances as they have done with Zanatta.

Personally, I think he deserves a chance before the end of the season (and a new contract). Just ease him in with increasing length of sub appearances as they have done with Zanatta.

Hopefully he gets his chance. Had he not been injured earlier in the season I'm sure he would have after McKirdy had a shot.

On a side note, the sub for Celtic - Hazard, any relation I wonder...

Happy 10,000 posts Mikey! :)

ha ha,

Cheers. Had no idea!

All these Hibs failings to dig at got me there

5-1 birthday at weekend too!

Archived