The hunt for a new manager!

brellierlegend

brellierlegend

Has it just been pied? Last couple of days there has been absolutely nothing about it.

Surely if we are potentially shifting a lot of players out of the exit door its crucial we have a new guy in by pre season.

Anyone with any inside info about what is happening?

maroonlegions
Has it just been pied? Last couple of days there has been absolutely nothing about it.

Surely if we are potentially shifting a lot of players out of the exit door its crucial we have a new guy in by pre season.

aye, iam getting a bit cheesed off with yet again no info or stick on inside info but do we want another MM type thread again.:P:rolleyes:

Bootboy100

Hopefully its quiet because they are concentrating on getting the 2nd choice right man in place with relative ease and with no pain!!!

brellierlegend
aye, iam getting a bit cheesed off with yet again no info or stick on inside info but do we want another MM type thread again.:P:rolleyes:

probably not but the communication from the club yet again beggars belief!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You just have to look at Man City for how to go about getting a manager.

Sven sacked yesterday and they asked for permission to talk to Mark Hughes on the same day.

Now why did it take us 6 months to ask for permission to talk to McGhee? Because we are run by a bunch of incompetent clowns. It probably took them a few months to work out how to contact MM.

Ivan Drago

5 months chasing Mark Mghee (mark fecking mghee, you couldnt make it up!) and no plan B.

Yet another slap in the face from this pathetic excuse of a regime.

Sven sacked yesterday and they asked for permission to talk to Mark Hughes on the same day.

Now why did it take us 6 months to ask for permission to talk to McGhee? Because we are run by a bunch of incompetent clowns. It probably took them a few months to work out how to contact MM.

Think they done it out of respaect because Phill O,Donnell died and thats why we never went for him in Jan

We all want to know whats going on however the club is in a no win situation if it comes out and say's who they are chasing and it does not come off (like MM) then they get accused of not knowing what they are doing, so by keeping it private they get accused of not doing anything, one thing I am sure is that they are looking at possible managers and they will come out and say so when its a done deal.

Their trying to find the short list that they binned when MM said he might be interested.

Drylaw Hearts
Hopefully its quiet because they are concentrating on getting the 2nd choice right man in place with relative ease and with no pain!!!

Was there a 2nd choice though ?

It appears there was no Plan B.

It is now simply a New 1st Choice.

Drylaw Hearts
Their trying to find the short list that they binned when MM said he might be interested.

Stop that van !!

We-Shred%20Van%20Bear.jpg

londonjambo
probably not but the communication from the club yet again beggars belief!

Don't you just hate the internet age ??

What exactly do you expect them to have said in the last two or three days. "Today, we licked some stamps and sent off some letters" "Today, we spoke to X's agent and had negotaitions as follows ..."

Honestly, maybe I am just getting old but I cannot fathom for the life of me why people expect to be told EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING.

We have been told that they are pursuing it. Fine. Let's judge them on whether they get someone or not. The more secretive they are, the better - we've a better chance of getting someone decent and not embarrassing ourselves once more.

But to demand 5-minute updates on every bleedin' thing that goes in the club is just ridiculous.

GC - auld fart

Or who he was.

CO"listen Vlad we wan't this guy called Mark McGhee,he's a top manager in the SPL"

Vlad" he no Lithuanian"

CO"but Vlad he is top drawer,just like the one you said you wanted in january"

Vlad"I never said anything in january"

CO" yes,yes you did the manager statement,you know,in january,new year,it was in the papers"

Vlad"no,I cannot recall such a statement,unless what I said has been lost in translation"

CO"so you don't really want a British style manager with full controle of the team"

Vlad"ha,ha,ha do you think I would let some stupid Brit be incharge of my mighty Hearts FC,no,only good eastern block lap dog will do for my followers,you will see they will give me all their money,they love me".

Drew Busby !

From todays EEN:

I've left in the bit about chasing the bloke who scored 1 in 19 games for Gretna, can our scouts spot a player or what.... (no sarcasm smilie required...)

"...Buscher scored only one goal in 19 games for the Borders side but managed to impress watching Hearts scouts sufficiently to land a trial with the Jambos. Vladimir Romanov hopes to have appointed a new manager before pre-season training gets underway, but if not sport director Anatoli Korobochka is expected to oversee football operations and liaise with his paymaster on incoming and outgoing players."

Never fear, Korby is here. :wacko:

Complete f'n joke. :mad:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
From todays EEN:

I've left in the bit about chasing the bloke who scored 1 in 19 games for Gretna, can our scouts spot a player or what.... (no sarcasm smilie required...)

"...Buscher scored only one goal in 19 games for the Borders side but managed to impress watching Hearts scouts sufficiently to land a trial with the Jambos. Vladimir Romanov hopes to have appointed a new manager before pre-season training gets underway, but if not sport director Anatoli Korobochka is expected to oversee football operations and liaise with his paymaster on incoming and outgoing players."

Seriously, I'm about to ****ing lose it in a big way

Ivan Drago
From todays EEN:

Everything is going exactly to plan then

From todays EEN:

Wonder if some people can get a refund on their ST's.

Guest JamboRobbo
From todays EEN:

The fact that Frail is going, and Korobotchup is not, illustrates again what is wrong at our club.

Geoff Kilpatrick
The fact that Frail is going, and Korobotchup is not, illustrates again what is wrong at our club.

Has Frail actually left?

I agree, though, that Kookaburra being left in charge is quite simply a joke.

maroonlegions
Seriously, I'm about to ****ing lose it in a big way

well there it is in black and white then, sporting director will be our new manager and once again we are treated like a bunch mugs, possible 9,ooo ST re-newels , hope they are happy if this turns out to be our end result eh.:confused::mad::Bazooka::ahhhhhhh::waiting::waiting:

This one could run and run as well,2000 at least,com'on lets get MM out of our systems and embrace Korabotchup.

Drew Busby !
This one could run and run as well,2000 at least,com'on lets get MM out of our systems and embrace Korabotchup.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Botchups abilities have been totally obscured by the incompetence of Frail and that Bulgarian bloke (name thankfully escapes me).

So ... "lets give him a chance" :wacko:

Now, wheres those tablets my shrink says I need to take every day ....

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Botchups abilities have been totally obscured by the incompetence of Frail and that Bulgarian bloke (name thankfully escapes me).

So ... "lets give him a chance" :wacko:

Now, wheres those tablets my shrink says I need to take every day ....

I know that's tongue in cheek,but you can bet your arse that it will come out in a serious post.

Maple Leaf
From todays EEN:

Perhaps this has been the so-called "Plan A" all along.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Think they done it out of respaect because Phill O,Donnell died and thats why we never went for him in Jan

It's a convenient excuse ....

If that was the case and we never had any guarantees that he would take the job we should have been looking at other potential managers.

Instead we have stuck it out with Frail while waiting on Mark McGhee to decide when HE is ready to talk to us.

Beyond belief to be honest.

We are going to end up with this tosser Kerawhatshisname.

maroonlegions
It's a convenient excuse ....

If that was the case and we never had any guarantees that he would take the job we should have been looking at other potential managers.

Instead we have stuck it out with Frail while waiting on Mark McGhee to decide when HE is ready to talk to us.

Beyond belief to be honest.

We are going to end up with this tosser Kerawhatshisname.

feck what a joke if we end up with Kantdecideteamsoplaysdross.:rolleyes::confused:

Hardly a hunt. More like a leisurely meander. Not as if the Manager is the most important position at the club!

Having read this thread, some comments.....

The Op asked anyone in the know?. No-one on here is 'in the know'

No-one has actually said Frail has left / is leaving.

Korobochka hasn't been given a chance, but isn't the answer.

Probably best the club don't put out updates every day.

Oh, and Im, not 'in the know', but we will try again to lure MM.

JJ arrived back from a holiday with mates on Saturday. I was talking to him about the dream team of him bb and lockie. I think he's a certainty! Not sure about the others!

hearts_crazy

So let me get this straight, Vlad waits 5 months to go for Mark McGhee, Mark McGhee says no, Vlad shrugs shoulders and says "oh well, never mindski, we'll just have to let Korobochka do it".

I'm holding on to a very thin thread of hope that there is in fact a plan B.

Words cannot express how peshed off I will be if we don't get a Manager in PDQ.

What exactly do you expect them to have said in the last two or three days. "Today, we licked some stamps and sent off some letters" "Today, we spoke to X's agent and had negotaitions as follows ..."

Honestly, maybe I am just getting old but I cannot fathom for the life of me why people expect to be told EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING.

We have been told that they are pursuing it. Fine. Let's judge them on whether they get someone or not. The more secretive they are, the better - we've a better chance of getting someone decent and not embarrassing ourselves once more.

But to demand 5-minute updates on every bleedin' thing that goes in the club is just ridiculous.

GC - auld fart

Couldn't have put it better myself GC!

From another 'auld fart'.:)

jamboinglasgow
JJ arrived back from a holiday with mates on Saturday. I was talking to him about the dream team of him bb and lockie. I think he's a certainty! Not sure about the others!

Hopefully not BB, would take Locke.

As for the passage in the Evening News, this is a banderson article, dont people normally ignore what he has to say. It sounds to me like his printing what people want to hear.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

My source in Kilmarnock has assured me that JJ is not back from his holidays

this Saturday comming

Maybe an announcement Tuesday or so next month / next year

Agreed.

brellierlegend
From todays EEN:

That would disgust me!

I dont think we'll hear anything from the club until someones signed the contract and their being presented at a press conference.

Having read this thread, some comments.....

The Op asked anyone in the know?. No-one on here is 'in the know'

No-one has actually said Frail has left / is leaving.

Korobochka hasn't been given a chance, but isn't the answer.

Probably best the club don't put out updates every day.

Oh, and Im, not 'in the know', but we will try again to lure MM.

Of what ,he's the director of football or some pish like that,if that's the case Pedro Lopez hasn't been given a chance,let's try him,nor has Rodder's he should get a shot then.

Jeeso I knew this kind of thing would happen.

I dont think we'll hear anything from the club until someones signed the contract and their being presented at a press conference.

Yeah, I hope they have learned from the McGhee deal that these things are always better done in private, with nobody losing face if the deal does not come off.

So hopefully no news is good news!!!!!!!!!?

The Puppeteer

GC - auld fart

You're spot on there boss but I doubt anyone will listen to you for the deafening stampede of band-wagon-jumpers will drown out your wise words...

Ivan Drago
So let me get this straight, Vlad waits 5 months to go for Mark McGhee, Mark McGhee says no, Vlad shrugs shoulders and says "oh well, never mindski, we'll just have to let Korobochka do it".

I'm holding on to a very thin thread of hope that there is in fact a plan B.

Words cannot express how peshed off I will be if we don't get a Manager in PDQ.

It's not exactly surprising though is it?

I live in extreme fear of what a lot of people believe to be true.... That we will end up with some Lith or unknown in charge and continue our decline on the playing side of the club.

I dont get to many matches but what I have seen of Hearts this season has left me in no doubt that since Burleys departure with a few exceptions, the team doesn't play with heart or passion.

On the flipside - The financial side of the club seems to be slowly but surely stabilising.

Stick to being the money man Vlad and give us a mamager who can get us back where we belong.

The most important man is ...

"... the manager, without question, the minute that ever changed it would mean massive free-fall in the club. You can never allow the players to run the football club and you can never allow the supporters to run the football club and they've all a part to play. Without our supporters, we'd be nothing; without the players, we'd be nothing. They are the most important components of a football club, but somebody has to run it. Somebody has to be in charge and the manager is the best man and has always got to be supported."

Sir Alex: The Frost Interview, tonight at 8pm & 10.30pm on Sky Sports 1

From the guardian website.

Got any graph writers on the board? I'm thinking six foot letters all over the ticket office...

Midloth_Iain
The most important man is ...

"... the manager, without question, the minute that ever changed it would mean massive free-fall in the club. You can never allow the players to run the football club and you can never allow the supporters to run the football club and they've all a part to play. Without our supporters, we'd be nothing; without the players, we'd be nothing. They are the most important components of a football club, but somebody has to run it. Somebody has to be in charge and the manager is the best man and has always got to be supported."

Sir Alex: The Frost Interview, tonight at 8pm & 10.30pm on Sky Sports 1

From the guardian website.

Got any graph writers on the board? I'm thinking six foot letters all over the ticket office...

Could Sky+ it and send a copy to Kaunas.

Its more like ' lets make an announcement, float a few kites and see what the fans want. then we'll make an approach and get turned down so that we can keep the useless puppet in charge then fire him because we have no decent players then bring in a Lithuanisn because nobody in their right mind will come to us''

Archived