Triple Sessions

Fort Vallance

Fort Vallance

Maybe it's been covered elsewhere. I don't read every thread. But does anyone know if the players are still doing the double & triple sessions on a regular basis at this stage of the season? I got the impression that the players were all up for it when they could see the benefits on match days. However if they're still doing them and results aren't following I'd imagine a few of them might not be so keen. I've thought in a couple of games recently some of them have looked a bit jaded. It might be nothing to do with it but it's possible to overdo it and leave your best work on the training ground. 

It's the mental side not the physical side we're having problems with (with exceptions of the likes of Walker who's still getting match fit from his injury).

These triple sessions aren't 3 sessions of strenuous work. 1 maybe 2 on some days will be so shouldn't have an impact. What's more concerning is that like in the ER game, Walker and Rossi seemed not to have an understanding of who should be marking who early on and that led to Gray getting acres to put in the cross. Something's definitely not right though.

These triple sessions aren't 3 sessions of strenuous work. 1 maybe 2 on some days will be so shouldn't have an impact. What's more concerning is that like in the ER game, Walker and Rossi seemed not to have an understanding of who should be marking who early on and that led to Gray getting acres to put in the cross. Something's definitely not right though.

Bingo.  Rossi shouting to Walker to cover him, Walker STILL didn't seem to want to go over and chose to stay inside, 30 secs later the same happened again and nobody was there.

siegementality

The players should all be at peak fitness at this time of the season so if they are doing triple sessions in anything it should be to work on defending from set pieces, passing and movement, as well as finishing. Messi et al didn't just wake up one morning and become brilliant, they worked hard and continue to work hard.

A lack of fitness can be rectified, a lack of ability is a lot harder to remedy.

Maybe it's been covered elsewhere. I don't read every thread. But does anyone know if the players are still doing the double & triple sessions on a regular basis at this stage of the season? I got the impression that the players were all up for it when they could see the benefits on match days. However if they're still doing them and results aren't following I'd imagine a few of them might not be so keen. I've thought in a couple of games recently some of them have looked a bit jaded. It might be nothing to do with it but it's possible to overdo it and leave your best work on the training ground.

Bingo.  Rossi shouting to Walker to cover him, Walker STILL didn't seem to want to go over and chose to stay inside, 30 secs later the same happened again and nobody was there.

First time they had played together on the left side I think. But unacceptable communication between the two, with Walker at fault it seems.

We often look lost at set pieces. Throw ins are a particular bug bear. ...everyone runs away and hides. There doesn't seem to be a plan for them or for corners; getting past the first man is maybe a good starting point.

Francis Albert

We often look lost at set pieces. Throw ins are a particular bug bear. ...everyone runs away and hides. There doesn't seem to be a plan for them or for corners; getting past the first man is maybe a good starting point.

Our defending of crosses and corners in the first half of the Hibs game at Tynecastle was also atrocious.

I have occasionally wondered if a more traditional afternoon at the bookies or pool hall, at least from time to time, might have better results

Our defending of crosses and corners in the first half of the Hibs game at Tynecastle was also atrocious.

I have occasionally wondered if a more traditional afternoon at the bookies or pool hall, at least from time to time, might have better results

you need to practice and gain an understanding but I used to think good pro footballers knew the basics anyway!

at least at the pool hall they would maybe learn to hit a ball right, Arf arf

If they're jaded it's because of the cummulative effect of the season's efforts and the knocks and strains they pick up and play through.

There was squad upheaval in January and unfortunately it coincided with injuries and suspensions biting. We've had to chop and change a lot recently and sime players are still dealing with injuries. The general continuity of the side has been badly affected.

Guess what.. we're now getting some red cards so the suspensions will still affect us for a while yet. Hopefully to a minimum and the same for injuries. We'll start doing better with a more settled side. We might just have to accept limping over the line for 3rd place and regroup for next season. Either that or go on a perma-seethe about everything. The choice is yours.

Archived