Spurs to bid 9m for Mcgregor!

funktasticlad

Jambo Martin
According to BBC football gossip on teletext! :eek:

One season wonder!!

Worth about ?500,000 a year ago.

vegas-voss

Wow Rangers will bite there hand off for that.They already have just as good a goalkeeper in Alexander

The Old Tolbooth

Unbelievable!

If he played for Hearts, Hibs, or Motherwell, then the offer would have been around 1.5M, why is it that he becomes a better keeper just because he plays for one of the ugly sisters?

No one will ever convince me that he is better than Craig Gordon, and that he's worth more.

Drylaw Hearts
Wow Rangers will bite there hand off for that.They already have just as good a goalkeeper in Alexander

Agreed.

We missed the boat with him last Summer when Gordon was sold.

IIRC Rangers got him for nothing.

We had to make do with Unsteady Eddie and Basso.

Darth Sidious

I am sure Souness must be scouting for Spurs. Boumsong to Newcastle was also silly money. Spurs are getting taken for mugs. Or are both teams still linked to Enic/Joe Lewis?

I think he's improved massively since becoming their number 1 and while he's still not up to Gordon's standard, he's made some fantastic saves for the huns last season. He's still short of being a great, all-round keeper, but I think he's on his way. A move down south could be the making of him.

His value is over-inflated because he's playing for the huns and been playing well, particularly in Europe, so that's raised his profile. Gordon was doing it for Scotland which undoubtedly pushed his value up. Its the same thing as happened to Alan Hutton who was playing well for Scotland and the huns in Europe. Recently, the English press have been paying more attention to young Scottish talent, possible due to the resurgence of the national team under Smith. It was strange to watch things like Sunday Supplement on Sky and see CG and Hutton being mentioned for example. That sort of thing was just unheard of until recently.

If he does go for that sort of money, then they're paying largely for potential, just as they did with CG.

Clerry Jambo

Yeah Back page headline in the Express today - what a laff.

What is fitba coming too when clubs are willing to pay that sort of money for a "flapper". Sorry decent shot stopper but hopeless at coming for crosses.

But he is a Hun which means his value is vastly overrated - if 9 million is correct Ally and Wattie will shove him in the car boot and drive him down themselves.

I actually think it's pretty good that we have two SCOTTISH keepers being valued so highly... now if we could only uncover some strikers!

Gordon is no longer a Hearts player and while I have a fondness for him and all he did for Hearts it is time to move on, Mcgregor had an unbelievable season and has proved to be the best goalkeeper in Scotland now... so at least we have 2 top goalkeepers fighting it out for the Scotland jersey!;)

Unbelievable!

If he played for Hearts, Hibs, or Motherwell, then the offer would have been around 1.5M, why is it that he becomes a better keeper just because he plays for one of the ugly sisters?

No one will ever convince me that he is better than Craig Gordon, and that he's worth more.

The price is raised because of Gordon's price I reckon. He is a good goalie and will do well there - if it happens, but we got 9 for Craig so English clubs (especially those who throw money around like Spurs) will pay the going rate. I think it about time goalkeepers were priced properly. For too long they were bought on the cheap and they are the most important member of the side.

The Old Tolbooth
The price is raised because of Gordon's price I reckon. He is a good goalie and will do well there - if it happens, but we got 9 for Craig so English clubs (especially those who throw money around like Spurs) will pay the going rate. I think it about time goalkeepers were priced properly. For too long they were bought on the cheap and they are the most important member of the side.

Do you honestly think that McGregor is as good as Gordon though?

I don't, and if Gordon was with Rangers when he was sold down South, then it's scary what kind of fee he would command. :confused:

funktasticlad

If this is pulled off then it be utter madness on spurs part. I think rangers would bight there hand off for ?4m never mind ?9m. He's a decent keeper but no way as good as Carlos Kameni of Espanyol or Igor Akinfeev from CSKA moscow both keepers being linked with moves to spurs in recent times. Whoever spurs scottish based agent is is on the fiddle big time, Hutton was no way worth 9million now hes obviously said McGregors worth a silly fee also.

alwaysthereinspirit

McGregor is a tool. Assault and battery is a bookable offence in the Premier league. He'll be found out pretty quick.

Rory B Bellows

McGregor is imo no better than Paul Robinson. Surely this bid is not Ramos' decision???

McGregor is a tool. Assault and battery is a bookable offence in the Premier league. He'll be found out pretty quick.

Never liked the guy after his assault on Elliot, it was unnecessary and the actions of a thug.

He can rot in the Spurs reserves and never play for Scotland again.

I rarely feel this strongly about any players but that incident was a disgrace, and insult added to injury when he was let off with it

Walter Bishop
Yeah Back page headline in the Express today - what a laff.

What is fitba coming too when clubs are willing to pay that sort of money for a "flapper". Sorry decent shot stopper but hopeless at coming for crosses.

But he is a Hun which means his value is vastly overrated - if 9 million is correct Ally and Wattie will shove him in the car boot and drive him down themselves.

Who asked you to describe Craig Gordon in 1 sentence. ;);)

Has the world gone mad?

Good keeper, yes. But he's never worth anywhere close to ?9m.

Out of interest, does anyone know who his agent is?

dont know who his agent is but the story is true.

know a guy who scouts for Spurs up here and he was asked earlier in the week for an appraisal of mcgregor.

(wouldnt take much ... to55er)

seems the board are sanctioning big money to allow the spanish manager an all out assault on top 4 this year

allandssmith

At a total push he's a ?5million player. He's good but is prone to the odd moment of total madness. Look at the mare he had at Tynie in the 4-2 game this season!!

To be honest it's probably just agent talk. If he's worth ?1million more than Hutton then I clearly know hee-haw about football!!!

Drylaw Hearts
Has the world gone mad?

Would it surprise you that his agent is none other than Willie Mackay ?

CG has said that the standard of striker in the EPL is like playing for Scotland every single week (probably as most of the strikers are internationals) and it was hard to adapt to how hard and fast the ball comes at him.

CG has played 20-30 internationals. How many caps does McGregor have again? To value McGregor at ?9m MUST mean that Lewis is desperate to get Rangers to repay his ?40m loan by hook or by crook.

Would it surprise you that his agent is none other than Willie Mackay ?

Aha. Well, fancy that...

CG has said that the standard of striker in the EPL is like playing for Scotland every single week (probably as most of the strikers are internationals) and it was hard to adapt to how hard and fast the ball comes at him.

CG has played 20-30 internationals. How many caps does McGregor have again? To value McGregor at ?9m MUST mean that Lewis is desperate to get Rangers to repay his ?40m loan by hook or by crook.

Do the huns stilll owe him ?40m? Don't hear a lot about that in the media, funnily enough...

Do you honestly think that McGregor is as good as Gordon though?

I don't, and if Gordon was with Rangers when he was sold down South, then it's scary what kind of fee he would command. :confused:

Gordon is well recognised as better than McGregor, that is why he is Scots No.1.

he is a good goalie, and Spurs do pay over the odds, look at Hutton, and if I was Smith I would take the money. Alexander has faults but he is good enough to replace him.

I wonder if we can get Spurs interested in Berra......?

Yes please! I would LOVE to see McGregor in the premiership because as soon as the premiership refs put end to his boot boy tactics, he'll get shown up for the very average player he is and put end to all this nonsense of him being in contention for scotland number 1 spot.

rudi must stay
Has the world gone mad?

They are probably paying that due to his one good game this season against Werder Bremen. apart from that he's been pretty average imo..

McGregor is imo no better than Paul Robinson. Surely this bid is not Ramos' decision???

Yes he is. Everyone is better than Paul Robinson. I love him when he plays for England (because he's useless) but hate him when he plays for Spurs (because he's useless).

Archived