So our debt next year

vegas-voss

vegas-voss

Will after the sale of Bednar and the cash from Gordon's sale and possible sale of Berra and Tall off the books,maybe be down to about ?20m ?

Dr. Bapswent
Will after the sale of Bednar and the cash from Gordon's sale and possible sale of Berra and Tall off the books,maybe be down to about ?20m ?

I dont think it will be down as much as that.

But a step in the right direction.

vegas-voss
I dont think it will be down as much as that.

But a step in the right direction.

Yeah i forgot to take the running costs of the club into account so maybe something like ?25m mark again.

Drylaw Hearts

Our debt up to July 31st 2007 was ?37million.

We only bought 1 player since then : Nade ?500,000

We've sold :

Craig Gordon ?9million

Roman Bednar ?2.5million

If we can sell Berra, Nade, Kingston and Wallace I reckon there is a very possible ?5million in Transfer Fee's there.

Which would bring the debt down to around ?21million.

This is obviously before any other figures have been taken into account.

Hans von Luck
Our debt up to July 31st 2007 was ?37million.

We only bought 1 player since then : Nade ?500,000

We've sold :

Craig Gordon ?9million

Roman Bednar ?2.5million

If we can sell Berra, Nade, Kingston and Wallace I reckon there is a very possible ?5million in Transfer Fee's there.

Which would bring the debt down to around ?21million.

This is obviously before any other figures have been taken into account.

Mind you still have operating costs on top so a realistic figure would be around ?27 - ?30 mil in the red still.

Vlad might also have some of it in the washing machine so think of a number and double it. :wacko:

Drylaw Hearts
Mind you still have operating costs on top so a realistic figure would be around ?27 - ?30 mil in the red still.

Vlad might also have some of it in the washing machine so think of a number and double it. :wacko:

I don't see us losing ?6-?9million this year.

Probably more like ?2-3million.

Dr. Bapswent

Very short sighted thinking. To sell all the players in 1 fell swoop.

I think the club is already clearly in the process of reducing wages/costs and also getting good deals for some of the quality players.

Others are getting decent values placed on them.

But this does not mean they are to be sold. Only to ensure a worthy price is gained.

Any other club would be happy they value players so highly. At Hearts we either panic about them being sold, or want rid of them as soon as possible.

Unreal.

Drylaw Hearts
Very short sighted thinking. To sell all the players in 1 fell swoop.

I think the club is already clearly in the process of reducing wages/costs and also getting good deals for some of the quality players.

Others are getting decent values placed on them.

But this does not mean they are to be sold. Only to ensure a worthy price is gained.

Any other club would be happy they value players so highly. At Hearts we either panic about them being sold, or want rid of them as soon as possible.

Unreal.

Short sighted ?

For the last 2.1/2 years most things at Hearts have been carried out with short sighted thinking.

The Mighty Thor

I would doubt there will be any significant reduction in the club debt at all.

We can expect registration fees etc and running costs to keep the figure well over ?30m.

As another poster pointed out the washing machine is still running.

Archived