The Russians are coming.

graygo

Riddley Walker

This happens constantly. It's the equivalent of winding up the guy you don't like at school. Do you really think the UK and Russia are going to go to war? 

It would take something so off-the-scale mental to happen for UK-Russia to directly confront each other militarily. 

Been doing it to each other for the last 70 years since the end of WWII, we do it to them, they do it to us, usually goes unreported as it's such a common occurrence, but our Government over the last few of years has deemed it should be in the public domain now, so every time Ivan flies close to the UK the MOD inform the media, question is why?

Riddley Walker

Been doing it to each other for the last 70 years since the end of WWII, we do it to them, they do it to us, usually goes unreported as it's such a common occurrence, but our Government over the last few of years has deemed it should be in the public domain now, so every time Ivan flies close to the UK the MOD inform the media, question is why?

Propaganda. 

Propaganda. 

Exactly.

The MOD only release what information to the public what the politians have told them to release. 

For close on 60 years there was very little information released into the public domain concerning these flights, then all of a sudden over the last few years Sky News & the BBC run 'Breaking News' stories that RAF planes have been scrambled to intercept Russian planes. 

So who informed Sky & the BBC?  Do they have journalists sitting around at the airfields or listening to radio's?  No, it's the MOD who tells them that two RAF Typhoons have been scrambled from whatever airfield to intercept two Russian Bear Bombers who are flying close to UK airspace.

The question which the general public needs to ask is why the government want you to know this information and why they want you to know it now? 

Exactly.

The MOD only release what information to the public what the politians have told them to release. 

For close on 60 years there was very little information released into the public domain concerning these flights, then all of a sudden over the last few years Sky News & the BBC run 'Breaking News' stories that RAF planes have been scrambled to intercept Russian planes. 

So who informed Sky & the BBC?  Do they have journalists sitting around at the airfields or listening to radio's?  No, it's the MOD who tells them that two RAF Typhoons have been scrambled from whatever airfield to intercept two Russian Bear Bombers who are flying close to UK airspace.

The question which the general public needs to ask is why the government want you to know this information and why they want you to know it now? 

.........because Putin is not playing the game properly.

Especially in Syria.

maroonlegions

Paint everything white to deflect blinding nuclear light,  unscrew a door from your house  then  make a shelter from it , find some supplies to take in shelter while panicking like feck and  all in FOUR mins. :laugh4:

Remember that in the MODs commercial advert  that appeared in the 80s... "In the event of a nuclear war/ air strike". :laugh4:

Batshoite lunatics. :laugh4:  

Just out of interest, do they ever fly over UK land.

Last year down at Berwick, two planes flew over heading due west out into the North Sea.

I swear I seen a red star on one.

At the time there was mentions of this happening down near the English channel. I expected to hear more, but never did. This thread has revived these thoughts.

.........because Putin is not playing the game properly.

Especially in Syria.

The Russians will do as they please because nobody will stop them, besides we and the Americans are no angels either, just that the media don't report half of what actually goes on.

Selective propaganda for the most part, make one side out to be all bad whilst the other is the good guys.

Paint everything white to deflect blinding nuclear light, unscrew a door from your house then make a shelter from it , find some supplies to take in shelter while panicking like feck and all in FOUR mins. :laugh4:

Remember that in the MODs commercial advert that appeared in the 80s... "In the event of a nuclear war/ air strike". :laugh4:

Batshoite lunatics. :laugh4:

"If you are caught in the open during an attack, try to find shelter. If you cannot find shelter, lie down in a nearby ditch."

maroonlegions

The Russians will do as they please because nobody will stop them, besides we and the Americans are no angels either, just that the media don't report half of what actually goes on.

Selective propaganda for the most part, make one side out to be all bad whilst the other is the good guys.

:spoton:

Just out of interest, do they ever fly over UK land.

Last year down at Berwick, two planes flew over heading due west out into the North Sea.

I swear I seen a red star on one.

At the time there was mentions of this happening down near the English channel. I expected to hear more, but never did. This thread has revived these thoughts.

Not aware that they ever do, however if Russian planes really wanted to enter UK airspace there is not a great deal we could do to stop them, they could be in and out before the RAF intercept them.

But say a Russian aircraft did enter UK airspace would the RAF shoot them down?  Would they?

maroonlegions

"If you are caught in the open during an attack, try to find shelter. If you cannot find shelter, lie down in a nearby ditch."

"Then be prepared to be microwaved". :laugh4:  

maroonlegions

Not aware that they ever do, however if Russian planes really wanted to enter UK airspace there is not a great deal we could do to stop them, they could be in and out before the RAF intercept them.

But say a Russian aircraft did enter UK airspace would the RAF shoot them down?  Would they?

Does "NORAD" not warn NATO  who in turn warns the country at risk??  I am sure NORAD  can track  and identify almost anything invading a nation's restricted air space,  Our RAF would be scrambled and in  the skies quickly i would say.   

Does "NORAD" not warn NATO  who in turn warns the country at risk??  I am sure NORAD  can track  and identify almost anything invading a nation's restricted air space,  Our RAF would be scrambled and in  the skies quickly i would say.   

Quite probably.

Been going on since the 1950's. It was scaled down considerably during the period of Gorbachov and Yeltsin, however since the gangster bully boy Putin came to power it's scaled up again. Childish sabre rattling by him and look where it got him with Turkey.

Indeed but if Putin gives the order, the bombers change course and over they come in a matter of minutes.  Then its goodbye all.  

Hence the RAF need to be ready and armed to down them in the same time frame.

Must watch Dr Strangelove again.

The Real Maroonblood

It's been going on since it was Lightnings scrambled and not Typhoons i.e. a long time ago.

That reminds of the Lightning that used to be situated at the Gyle.

Indeed but if Putin gives the order, the bombers change course and over they come in a matter of minutes.  Then its goodbye all.  

Hence the RAF need to be ready and armed to down them in the same time frame.

Must watch Dr Strangelove again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD-G91VpwPo Look over there.

Better call Saul
Jambof3tornado, on 17 Feb 2016 - 5:15 PM, said:

We do the same to them. Happens constantly.

Nothing to see here.

Excuse  my ignorance here ! But Do we ? we don't have long range Bombers the last nuclear capable plane we had was the Vulcan and now the only nuclear threat we have is the one active sub out of the four we have ( I think )  

ToadKiller Dog

The west is ramping up the pressure on Russia , what is not well publicised is that NATO has moved a fleet of ships in to the Baltic nations right on Russia's door step .

We are seeing a slight return to cold war style politics in dealing with Russia .

Jambof3tornado

Excuse my ignorance here ! But Do we ? we don't have long range Bombers the last nuclear capable plane we had was the Vulcan and now the only nuclear threat we have is the one active sub out of the four we have ( I think )

Nimrod aircraft had "strike" capabilties until they were binned.

Yes we do still test the reaction abilities of the Russians.

Better call Saul

Nimrod aircraft had "strike" capabilties until they were binned.

Yes we do still test the reaction abilities of the Russians.

Maybe in a NATO exercise we do but Britain alone unlikely !

maroonlegions

The Arab coalition fighting the self-proclaimed Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) is considering sending ground troops to Syria. In December 2015, Saudi Arabia?

ANONHQ.COM

:facepalm:   :sterb147:

Well thats me painted every thing white, built my shelter and  added supplies , feck doing it all in 4 mins.   :smartass:

North Berwick Jambo

I love how the Russians are always portrayed as the bad guys. They have always been one of the most powerful & proud nations on earth yet after the fall of communism the west almost forgot all about them. Big mistake because since then they have quietly gone about their business rebuilding including all their armed forces etc & now that they becoming stronger again they are starting to flex their international muscle just like they did before. Oh & I would rather have Putin running my country than the likes of Bush or even Trump, at least he has a set

I love how the Russians are always portrayed as the bad guys. They have always been one of the most powerful & proud nations on earth yet after the fall of communism the west almost forgot all about them. Big mistake because since then they have quietly gone about their business rebuilding including all their armed forces etc & now that they becoming stronger again they are starting to flex their international muscle just like they did before. Oh & I would rather have Putin running my country than the likes of Bush or even Trump, at least he has a set

Of all the things you could accuse George Bush of - and there are many, lacking 'a set' wasn't one.

Archived