"Decent" is not an acceptable level of performance

JamboJohn1874

JamboJohn1874

Looking through the forum this morning, I see the maroon tinted crew are back and they are in full apologetic mode this morning. It also looks like they are trying to introduce us to a new level of performance that they feel is now acceptable for a Hearts player. Unfortunately it?s not ?outstanding?, in fact it?s not even ?good?, we have now come down to ?decent?.    

?Cowie was decent?

?Cowie had a decent 2nd half?

?Cowie had a decent last 10 minutes?

?Dauda was decent?

I think we need a little perspective here:

Cowie seemed to be wearing the new Hearts ?stealth? strip for the first 60 minutes, as I simply couldn?t see him. I couldn?t care less if he was playing wide left or even goal keeper. For a former Scotland international he is an utter embarrassment. What on earth are we doing playing a 32 year old has-been, and what sort of signing policy have we reverted to. How does this allow a youngster to get in the squad.

I don?t know what to make of Dauda to be honest. He clearly has goals in him, however unless he is handed the ball on a plate by us playing a different style of football, he is just lost.  

McGhee should be punted and soon, just so the manager is not tempted to play him again. He is not a left back, he?s not a right back and he is not even ?decent? as a centre half.

I have always rated Pallardo, however right at the start of the season it became pretty evident he didn?t have the pace to compete at this level. This causes him to foul all the time as he can catch anyone. His time is up?

Neilson has simply lost the Aberdeen and Motherwell momentum and settled team that we had built up. Now that he has new options after the transfer window he has reverted to tinkering and bottling it. Worrying about stopping other teams midfields etc. Playing players who give us a ?decent? performance are not acceptable anymore and should be asked to find themselves a new club. This team needs serious surgery in the summer and we need to bring in players who can throw in an excellent level of performance.  

FenderJaguar7

I just hope those in charge realise this simply is not good enough. No excuse for not seeing out the first game. To then subject the fans to that first half last night? Not for me

gorgie rd eh11

Looking through the forum this morning, I see the maroon tinted crew are back and they are in full apologetic mode this morning. It also looks like they are trying to introduce us to a new level of performance that they feel is now acceptable for a Hearts player. Unfortunately it?s not ?outstanding?, in fact it?s not even ?good?, we have now come down to ?decent?.    

?Cowie was decent?

?Dauda was decent?

Cowie seemed to be wearing the new Hearts ?stealth? strip for the first 60 minutes, as I simply couldn?t see him. I couldn?t care less if he was playing wide left or even goal keeper. For a former Scotland international he is an utter embarrassment. What on earth are we doing playing a 32 year old has-been, and what sort of signing policy have we reverted to. How does this allow a youngster to get in the squad.

I don?t know what to make of Dauda to be honest. He clearly has goals in him, however unless he is handed the ball on a plate by us playing a different style of football, he is just lost.  

McGhee should be punted and soon, just so the manager is not tempted to play him again. He is not a left back, he?s not a right back and he is not even ?decent? as a centre half.

I have always rated Pallardo, however right at the start of the season it became pretty evident he didn?t have the pace to compete at this level. This causes him to foul all the time as he can catch anyone. His time is up?

Neilson has simply lost the Aberdeen and Motherwell momentum and settled team that we had built up. Now that he has new options after the transfer window he has reverted to tinkering and bottling it. Worrying about stopping other teams midfields etc. Playing players who give us a ?decent? performance are not acceptable anymore and should be asked to find themselves a new club. This team needs serious surgery in the summer and we need to bring in players who can throw in an excellent level of performance.  

You include "i think we need a bit of perspective here" in the middle of that.  :lol: 

Agree 100% with you on Pallardo...and getting to see it that way on McGhee too. He looked out his depth last night and not for first time in a big game. Soutar already inspires more confidence in me than Jordan.

Cowie...not set Heather on Fire so far, however once moved inside I thought he was very good and could prove to be an excellent midfield general as looked very comfortable on ball with a good range of passing. As for your comment on young kids coming through...who exactly are the midfield players you think he is keeping out the team? Certainly not Mckirdy? Beith is just back from injury and looks painfully small to me to make an impact at the moment.

Dauda needs time to settle, he is barely off the plane from Holland. The team also need time to understand how he plays however I think he looks promising.

That said, I thought we needed a 4th first team striker before Sow went and last night reinforced that for me. Juanma was a disgrace in terms of attitude and effort. Looks slower than a week in Saughton and I couldn't see that bringing Reilly on would do anything other than further weaken us.

To be fair on Robbie (and he isn't exempt from criticism from me) we have had a bit of a shocker in terms of injuries and suspensions to key players, particularly in the back four, so has been forced to tinker. If there is one area of the team that really needs to be settled is the defence as they have to play as a unit and I think that had a lot to do with the space Gray was given to pick his man out for the goal And allowing Cummings to get in between the CBs.

We need a win on Saturday to get the fans onside and who knows, maybe the we can create a bit of momentum to go for 2nd and keep the season alive.

Jambof3tornado

Cowie was a lot better than decent last night. He was the best player on the pitch in the second half.

This. Not suited to playing wide. Looks much better when in the middle. Its not rocket science that players operate best while played in their chosen position. Robbie must learn that lesson soon.

Cowie was a lot better than decent last night. He was the best player on the pitch in the second half.

Pass marks went to Cowie Augustyn and Djoum. Walker tried hard but was clearly just off the pace. Patterson was solid but his crosses were inconsistent to say the least.

The two strikers...I'm almost lost for words at some of their play. Juanma I really can't see what he brings at times. And Dauda needs the ball infront of him or he's useless that means a change of style.

Why Reilly was left on the bench is beyond me.

We absolutely battered hibs in the 2nd half...big question is why we let them dominate the first half.

A_A wehatethehibs

I think the cm pairing should be djoum cowie from here on out. Forget pallardo.

The problem with cowie is that obviously as he hasn't had many games this season. I don't think he can be written off after 3 games - he played really well vs county by all accounts, and also played much much better when pallardo went off yday.

The 11 players who should start the next 10 games in a row are:

Alexander

Paterson

Ozturk

Souttar

Rossi

Walker

Djoum

Cowie

Nicholson

Reilly

Dauda

Augustyn and pallardo will not get new deals so bench them.

The other thing is a lack of a settled back 4 or midfield, we have had far to much chopping and changing so let's get a settled first 11.

JamboJohn1874

I think the cm pairing should be djoum cowie from here on out. Forget pallardo.

The problem with cowie is that obviously as he hasn't had many games this season. I don't think he can be written off after 3 games - he played really well vs county by all accounts, and also played much much better when pallardo went off yday.

The 11 players who should start the next 10 games in a row are:

Alexander

Paterson

Ozturk

Souttar

Rossi

Walker

Djoum

Cowie

Nicholson

Reilly

Dauda

Augustyn and pallardo will not get new deals so bench them.

The other thing is a lack of a settled back 4 or midfield, we have had far to much chopping and changing so let's get a settled first 11.

I really hope Augustyn does get a new contract contact and should really be club captain.

The whole team was just off the pace in the 1st half. 2nd to every ball and let hibs dominate. We improved in the 2nd half but other than the 2 offside goals we had maybe 1 shot on target. Unacceptable in any game let alone a derby. Jury is out on Cowie and Dauda and think we need to give them time. Juanma and Pallardo however are both bringing nothing at the moment and would be happy to see then both benched for the foreseeable.

JamboJohn1874

I'm just not getting the Cowie thing.

He is 32 years old and now getting in the way of younger players. I actually want to see Buaben before him in the pecking order, which speaks volumes.

?Cowie was decent?

?Dauda was decent?

Neilson has simply lost the Aberdeen and Motherwell momentum and settled team that we had built up. Now that he has new options after the transfer window he has reverted to tinkering and bottling it. Worrying about stopping other teams midfields etc. Playing players who give us a ?decent? performance are not acceptable anymore and should be asked to find themselves a new club. This team needs serious surgery in the summer and we need to bring in players who can throw in an excellent level of performance.

Your posts get worse as the days go by!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jam Tarts 1874

I really hope Augustyn does get a new contract contact and should really be club captain.

I really hope he gets a new contact too, at another club as far away from Tynecastle as possible.

Can't believe some halfwits over the last few days were using adjectives such as "exceptional" and "great" to describe him.  He just watches the cross go past him for the goal last night, he could easily have cut it out before in front of Cummings - complete negligence.

We simply cannot afford passengers in the team in big games such as derbies. Over the two legs, we didn't turn up until the last quarter.. and it was too late. I'd give Augustyn a new deal, he's been good this year allbeit could've done more to prevent Cummings to find that space to tap home.

A lot of the issues we've had, is unlike last season.. we didn't do our business early in the summer and had a very disrupted pre-season. This is something that has to be addressed this summer, as if we're in Europe, we'll be starting in June. 

Cowie was shit

If you think that....I hate to think what your opinion of the other players is. Cowie played well last night especially when he went central. I can see Djoum and Cowie being the centre mid pairing from here on in.

Everyone's pissed off I get it. But we had a number of good performers in the 2nd half. Which at the very least shows they care, knew they weren't good enough first half and had the stomach for a fight 2nd 45.

there is a lot of people on this forum who think they can manage the team and judge a player's talent /  limitation's, we got beat by a hungrier team and that is what's hurting 

?Cowie was decent?

?Dauda was decent?

Great post. I'm amazed that some fans seem to easily brush off last nights display and tell anyone who's listening how Rosie everything is in the Garden.

Great post. I'm amazed that some fans seem to easily brush off last nights display and tell anyone who's listening how Rosie everything is in the Garden.

In terms of big games, no everything is clearly not rosy in terms of the record in the past 18 months. However, to crucify a player who was played out of position for most of the match and when he was moved into his proper/natural position dictated the game is preposterous. 

gorgie rd eh11

Aye the board is awash with everything is rosy in the garden threads. 

Space Mackerel

?Cowie was decent?

?Dauda was decent?

Nice new type face, almost looks like it was done by another person with the same login :)

Archived