Sitting on the ball

Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling

Anyone know the link on youtube for EDIT: Tommy Murray sitting on the ball against Rangers?

Commander Harris

was it not Tommy Murray rather than Jimmy?

EDIT: beaten to it.

Commander Harris
Dunno what you're on about.

;)

must just be me havering pish again :D

The Real Maroonblood
must just be me havering pish again :D

Tommy was certainly taking the pish.

:)

First time I have seen that :)

Similar style of strip to now...

Deans Jambo
First time I have seen that :)

Similar style of strip to now...

Should have had the white shorts this time as well!

TimeBandit

Fantastic...

Just sent it to a Hun mate.. Although he's not so bad that he doesn't appreciate such cheekiness!

First time I've seen hearts play in that strip aswell.. I've seen it on a few fuller proportioned types pre-match in the pub.. But on a footballer it looks really proper.

Terrible Trio

surely "Murray Rangers Sitting P1sh Ripped" would have found it without having to post on here

eddie fenwick

was talking to my old man about this this morning and he said the uproar about this was huge and the papers were none to happy about the outragiousness(word?)of doing that against rangers

Hard to believe that was 36 years ago. Man I am getting old.:sad:

Snap !!

Was standing in the enclosure that day..............

Very close to where he sat on the ball.

Another memorable day.

TimeBandit

My Hun mate emailed me back..

I didn't mention it was Tommy Murray but here's his reply...

"The guy who sits on the ball is none other than Hearts legend Tommy Murray ? I know him as is is a Linlithgow guy and coached the Springfield school football team, boys of 10 and 11, like a sergeant major in the para's. Screaming at them for minor mistakes and such like, a brilliant player though who often showed off his array of tricks with the football. He's a painter these days and I was at school with one of his 2 boys. Colin Stein, Rangers and Scotland, ( 1st ever ?100,000 signing) is also a Linlithgow guy and my daughter Emma is best friends with his grandson."

Blooming small world eh!

d the Springfield school football team, boys of 10 and 11, l!

boooooooooo spam valley bassas:Bazooka::Bazooka::Bazooka:

Magic Numbers

Heh Heh Heh!!!

I saw this clip a few weeks ago & managed to recreate it during a 5 aside game, a ball out of defence found me clean through on goal with keeper to beat. Had a quick sit down before knocking it into the corner, class!!! :dribble:

Mind you, I'm surprised I never put it over the bar!

robbojambo

i was at the game that day, my uncle took me through on a rangers supporters bus cos my dad was working, stood in the rangers end, with my hearts scarf on and to be fair 99% of the huns were ok when we scored, some actually had a laugh at how bolshy Murray was. bus home was superb

The People's Chimp

That's brilliant. First time i've seen it.

The strip looked bloody cool as well.

the-tackle

remember years ago my late father telling me and my older brother about this and telling us after he did it they changed the law as it was ungentamley conduct. but was ok for slim jim to do against engurland

Wilmslow Jambo

It's too long ago to be sure about this but didn't Tommy do this in response to Jimmy Johnston doing the same thing in a previous Hearts and Rangers match?

It's too long ago to be sure about this but didn't Tommy do this in response to Jimmy Johnston doing the same thing in a previous Hearts and Rangers match?

I doubt it.

Hearts of Vladland

I think the commentry is funny on this.

Murray has a set on the ball

JamboGraham

100% Brilliant....

The move is cheeky enough, but to then score from it......yeah!

John Findlay

I think you mean Willie(Bud)Johnston.

John

John Findlay

Donald Ford's(another Linlithgow man) leap like a salmon that I have always enjoyed. Even seeing it the first time as a nine year old laddie in 1972.

John

Big Moysey

Brilliant seeing that again. I always told my son about that goal -2 minutes to go Carruthers to Brown, Brown to Murray, sits on the ball, Jardine gets angry and goes rushing out leaving Brown free for the return pass, cross Donald Ford 1-0 - great to now show him it. Even better was that we had been outplayed in the game but scored with hardly any time remaining. From memory about 5 minutes before the goal I remember having turned away coz I thought they had scored, when I looked back the game was still going on - What happened I asked my mate?- they had hit the post from about 2 yards out! Couldn't believe it. I lived in Glasgow at the time and got about 3 doins from my weegie mates for stickin it right up them. I laughed then

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha

I'm still laughing now.

Archived