Film 4 Now

Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle

This Is England.

Never seen it so giving it a bash. Heard good things about it tho. Anyone else watching or seen it?

Great film... really enjoyed it.

Some wee bits could maybe have been done better but I very good watch none the less.

Gerd Muller

I've seen it. I thought it was going to be better when I watched it but I enjoyed it. I like british movies and the young lad thats the main character is funny.

I heard great things about Meadows' other films Dead Man's Shoes and Romeo Brass, they turned out to be pointless merde so I'm not holding out much hope for this either. He seems to be another in a long line of overhyped, zero talent British directors.

I heard great things about Meadows' other films Dead Man's Shoes and Romeo Brass, they turned out to be pointless merde so I'm not holding out much hope for this either. He seems to be another in a long line of overhyped, zero talent British directors.

This is better than them.

Sexton Hardcastle

Dead Mans Shoes is brilliant i thought. Still to see a Room for Romeo Brass.

vegas-voss

It's not really a great story or anything but the things in it remind me of my childhood,not the racist stuff but the young lad especially. my best mate was a wee skinhead and his older brother was like the top skinhead in the village and i was not allowed my head shaved and my mum bought me monkey boots instead of docs.Things like the images were pretty spot,girls with ninja fringes.

I thought that it was quite good. Not usually really into watching films, can't really sit still for long enough, but watched a few when I was signed off work and this was probably the best. Not really what I'd call fantastic, though, just quite good.

Boaby Ewing

The wee lad with the big girl ruined it.

Nice period touches, middling story tbh.

The wee lad with the big girl ruined it.

I'd kind of half forgotten about that bit when I posted originally. Pretty weird.

Sexton Hardcastle

yea hes about 10 and shes about 18? bit dodgey. There would be all kinds of crys if it was the other way about.

yea hes about 10 and shes about 18? bit dodgey. There would be all kinds of crys if it was the other way about.

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD :mad: Nanny state etc.

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD :mad: Nanny state etc.

Nanny state... is that the kind of perversion the lass had??

I thought that was a tad weird also but put it down to the Director trying to get a point across about how the wee boy was respected by some of the older lads and lass's.

Also the racism helps make the film imo... no point skirting round the issue... it happened so why not depict it.

Archived