PS3 Problem - mrk 2

Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle

Sony are sending me a new machine to replace the broken disc drive on my PS3. I want to get the saved files off the machine so i dont need to start Fifa/GTA/COD etc again. Whats the best way to go about this? never really done this.

thanks

You need to copy the files on to a flash drive, stick it in the usb port on the front of the ps3, then install them on the new on once it arrives.

Sexton Hardcastle

rite, i thought it would be somthing simple. Just like a USB stick yea? or does it have to be a portable drive

rite, i thought it would be somthing simple. Just like a USB stick yea? or does it have to be a portable drive

Nope usb stick will do the trick for you, providing it has a large enough memory.

For the Playstation to recognise the save files make a folder on the usb stick called PS3 in caps, then in that folder make another folder called SAVEDATA in caps. Put your game saves in there.

Done.

but ps3's don't break, its only xbox 360's that fall to bits :rolleyes:

har har har. Whose outselling who at the moment? exactly.

don't know mate and i don't care either :rolleyes3:

i'm not part of the "my consoles better than yours!" gang. i've got what i've got and i'm happy.

i just really couldn't help that comment after all the playstation fanboy's coming into threads about what console does the best summersaults and saying "but xbox's break all the time"

how long you had your ps3 that you've bust it twice? just out of interest

Guest S.U.S.S.

As previously covered ud expect the newer machine to sell better, shame its taken 18 months!

Sexton Hardcastle
don't know mate and i don't care either :rolleyes3:

i'm not part of the "my consoles better than yours!" gang. i've got what i've got and i'm happy.

i just really couldn't help that comment after all the playstation fanboy's coming into threads about what console does the best summersaults and saying "but xbox's break all the time"

how long you had your ps3 that you've bust it twice? just out of interest

This is my first PS3 and my first problem. The game doesnt read? not my fault. They are replacing it on thursday. Cant complain too much

The Wii is outseling them both, what point are you trying to make?

:P

no1jambo_ic
Sony are sending me a new machine to replace the broken disc drive on my PS3. I want to get the saved files off the machine so i dont need to start Fifa/GTA/COD etc again. Whats the best way to go about this? never really done this.

thanks

same thing has just happened to me mate, but for the 2ND time this year! :mad: but i have to say sony have been good to deal with and another replacement is coming this friday. but i doubt that it is new machines that they give to us when our breaks.. rather repaired ones, which maybe explains why my 1st replacement only lasted 3 months :sad:

Archived