Waiting list officially dead

Guest JamboRobbo

Guest JamboRobbo

Season tickets now on general sale.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1320790,00.html

Congratulations to those in charge of the club, for their sterling efforts in steering us from having a 5000 person waiting list, to not being able to sell all our ST's, in the space of only 20 months.

Clearly, you are all great at what you are doing.

Better be quick before they are all gone folks.

Nothing more than I thought would be the case. At least the confirmation is now there. A serious drop in ST interest, and there's no denying it.

Interesting the club havent confirmed the current sales amount with some bluster about them selling fast and are extremely limited etc.

You can only presume they arent extremely limited I guess

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1320790,00.html

Congratulations to those in charge of the club, for their sterling efforts in steering us from having a 5000 person waiting list, to not being able to sell all our ST's, in the space of only 20 months.

what's your alternative ? :P

No doubt we are at our lowest point in the VR reign so far. Hopefully he now fully understands how wrong he was. Hopefully he will now allow the qualified people to do their jobs. If he hasn't then the only way is down for us under his ownership.

Interesting the club havent confirmed the current sales amount with some bluster about them selling fast and are extremely limited etc.

You can only presume they arent extremely limited I guess

I have no idea how many tickets we have sold but i was somewhat surprised to able to move to 4 seats pretty much slap bang in the middle of the wheatfield.

Independence

Why do you continue to appear to enjoy highlighting negativity connected to the club?

The reasons why we are in this position have been well documented!

When a new manager is appointed the ST's will sell.

It would be better if you directed people towards the article in this morning's Scotsman quoting Mark Mcghee who is stating high praise for Mr. Romanov!!!!

I would say congratualtions to the many fans, like myself, who have renewed despite the poor season we had last season and the fact that, as MM decided to stay at Motherwell, a manager is still not in place!!!!

what's your alternative ? :P

No doubt we are at our lowest point in the VR reign so far. Hopefully he now fully understands how wrong he was. Hopefully he will now allow the qualified people to do their jobs. If he hasn't then the only way is down for us under his ownership.

The beauty about football from Vlad's point of view is that it can still be turned around...

...if he wants it to be.

The beauty about football from Vlad's point of view is that it can still be turned around...

...if he wants it to be.

Spot On.

FACT.

End Off........etc etc. :)

Why do you continue to appear to enjoy highlighting negativity connected to the club?

It would be better if you directed people towards the article in this morning's Scotsman quoting Mark Mcghee who is stating high praise for Mr. Romanov!!!!

I would say congratualtions to the many fans, like myself, who have renewed despite the poor season we had last season and the fact that, as MM decided to stay at Motherwell, a manager is still not in place!!!!

I dont think congratulations in JRs post was aimed at a better than you fans type argument.

Season ticket renewers deserve no congratulations.

Non-season ticket renewers deserve no congratulations.

Vlad deserves no congratulations.

No congratulations are really deserved at any level in the football side of the club at present. Berra, for getting his first cap I guess

sweep%20under%20carpet.jpg

Guest JamboRobbo

I don't enjoy highlighting it. I hate the position HMFC are in. I just see no point in ignoring reality just because it isn't what we wish was happening.

IMO, we've blown a huge opportunity,and a lot of those people will take a long time to return (if ever under Vlad).

Why exactly would it be better? There is already a thread on that for a start, so it would only cause the mods more work if I started another one.

Thanks for your congratulations.

Rawrrrrrrr

"don't miss out"

Im sure no one will

The fact they have been able to announce a full public sale so quickly suggests to me they are extremely poor sales to date

Not really suprising.

Good teams tend to attract more fans. Nothing startling in that.

We have just come of our worse season in a very long time. Its not suprising people do not want to commit.

I would imagine we will be down to the core support we had pre-Vlad.

I have little doubt the appointment of a manager of would improve things, though not convinced it will improve it as dramitically as many think.

I would say hope plays a part in it too

Remember we were ghastly the season before last also (yes thats 2 seasons in a row we have been awful not just one), but we sold out season tickets that close season.

There was still hope then that Vlad wouldnt repeat his mistakes

He did

Hope has scarpered in increasing volume since then

grumpyjambo

Another negative post, can't you say anything positive about the club?

Guest JamboRobbo

Good point. Feel free to enlighten me about all these positive things going on at HMFC which I should be talking about.

What positive things are happening at the moment that you would like to talk about ?

I don't see how it's being negative, it's just being realistic. Just because a certain poster said it doesn't mean it's negative.

It's an undisputable fact that ST interest has substantially dropped. People are worried and can easily point out the reasons why. Not to bring it it up is to bury our heads in the sand.

Hate to break it to you mate, but the waiting list was dead twelve months ago.

I cancelled my season ticket for 06/07 but added my name to the waiting list last year at this time only to be phoned back within a couple of days offering me a choice of seats.

This is good news

Hopefully romanov will see this as a shot accross the bow.

Hopefully he will now, stick his nose out of team affairs

So this great club, can get back to where we belong.

Not the laughing stock of scotland

Again as mentioned before just under 9500 season tickets were sold! 4000 less than last season. Waiting list was exhausted at the start of last season. Hearts at the moment are is serious shi--t with regards to ticket sales.

chester copperpot

In light of todays news about Berra, I'm glad I held off. Am now waiting to see what happens. Yeah I might lose the seat that I've had in Wheatfield since the stand was built, but its a small price to pay if that arsehole sorts out the mess at tynie.

portobellojambo1

Would this be the same Mark McGhee who refused to come and work for the club, or is there more than one Mark McGhee in footballing circles.

maroonlegions
Again as mentioned before just under 9500 season tickets were sold! 4000 less than last season. Waiting list was exhausted at the start of last season. Hearts at the moment are is serious shi--t with regards to ticket sales.

true but will vlad give a feck , after all he did not get were he was today ect...........:rolleyes:

Would this be the same Mark McGhee who refused to come and work for the club, or is there more than one Mark McGhee in footballing circles.

maybe he is just covering his back after Tam & Stuart warned him to watch it nowe he has refused the rominovs:cool:

Nothing more than I thought would be the case. At least the confirmation is now there. A serious drop in ST interest, and there's no denying it.

Although i've not re-newed for this season i'll still be going to a lot of the games, if there's an improvement in how we play and MadVlad keeps his nose out of something he's not qualified to get involved in, i'll be the first one at the ticket office to buy a half season ticket in December.

davemclaren

VR facilitated the creation of the waiting list, VR facilitated the removal of the waiting list, VR......next step is important. :wacko:

MacDonald Jardine

How long have we had a waiting list for?

Did we have one under any previous owner?

Maroon Mayhem

Regardless of what has gone on before, if in the opinion of the fans a semi-decent manager is appointed then our current sales of c.10,500 will raise to over 12,000.

I've never understood this argument. Because we were pash then means it's ok to be pash now? Surely with the support that Vlad gives we should be able to at least maintain the interest of our fanbase?

MacDonald Jardine
I've never understood this argument. Because we were pash then means it's ok to be pash now? Surely with the support that Vlad gives we should be able to at least maintain the interest of our fanbase?

No it's not okay, but certain posters criticise Vlad for falling back on achievements that were his in the first place.

Craig Gordons Gloves

does this mean we will start giving the tinkers from the west the full roseburn again? apologies if we have been doing that this past season - cant remember.

No it's not okay, but certain posters criticise Vlad for falling back on achievements that were his in the first place.

But what's the use in doing something good only to ruin it? I would say that deserves more criticism that not being able to do something in the first place.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

A lot of non-renewers are like me waiting for the managerial announcement.

Then I'll decide if it an appointment that is acceptable. Not a Rix, Malofeev or any other other Post-Burley horrors.

Some people have just decided that regardless of any appointment they just don't trust Vlad and will not pay any cash up front but will still go to matches.

Looks like there HAS been a significant number of non-renewals. Whether it has made a difference to Vlad's thinking we'll see. Remember, the Jan 1st statement came out after some serious protest talk and non-renewal chat was starting to gain momentum.

I do not believe Vlad has had any "Road to Damascus" moment. He is either being pushed from backers involved in the Stadium or the season ticket/protest talk has forced his hand. Probably both.

Like all bullies he only reacts to force.

ToadKiller Dog

The Fabled waiting list may well be dead (and yes there seems to be a sense of pleasure taken by JR in this or at least thats the way the op comes across)

But it does leave the club with a large data base of names addresses and phone numbers so those who have not seen fit to renew yet or at all,i would expect mail shots in the post an email or two or even a phone call enjoy.They might squeeze a few more out of that.

But it seems they will get more if or when the manager is appointed.

A well worn arguement (one which I have used myself).

The thing is though, when do the present owners become responsible for the position we are in?

We have reached the point where we need to stop using comparisons with previous regimes and judge them purely on their actions in the present.

jambos are go!

13,500 STs were sold by the start of the season not by the 2 June. That is the target as I've said before. We await details of sales to date to compare with the same time last season. Everything else is speculation.

CornhillHearts

Once Alex Rae is appointed maybe the non believers will start to believe again, seriously a young hungry manager will do me I can name about 5 whom would be a better bet than Shaggy.

Once Alex Rae is appointed maybe the non believers will start to believe again, seriously a young hungry manager will do me I can name about 5 whom would be a better bet than Shaggy.

I actually agree with that. If we do not get the intended targets then i think Alex Rae would be worth a bash. He would not sell season tickets though.

No surprises at all. I went last season with a mate who is far from the biggest Hearts fan in the world, and he on no uncertain terms had said he won't be back next season. I'll be holding out until closer to the season. I'm not going to go if I'm paying to see the same next season as last. I'll just pick and choose my matches.

walton1983

So one statement from McGhee who chose not to join despite a huge pay rise, makes Romanov a good guy.Everybody is hoping he changes but don't bet on it.

I agree with JamboRobbo and so long as Romanov continues to sell season tickets he will continue to do what he has done since he took over Hearts and that is lie to all of us.

He needs to realise that we will not stand for it and if ticket sales drop dramatically it sends a message to him.

Anyone in business will agree that one of the fundamental rules in any relationship with your customers is that you must be able to trust one another and I certainly do not trust Romanov and I am sure many thousands Hearts fans will agree with me.

Independence
So one statement from McGhee who chose not to join despite a huge pay rise, makes Romanov a good guy.Everybody is hoping he changes but don't bet on it.

I dont think I did say that one positive quote makes Romanov a good guy!!!!

I have never bet on fotball and will not start now as it is very unpredictable!!!!!

In my opinion MM turned down Hearts because of contact made with him from Celtic. I am certain that when GS leaves (either this or next summer) you will find MM as his replacement. I would think it will be next summer when he can join Celtic with European experience!!!! However, I wouldn't bet on it!!!

I still believe praise is due to the 10,000 fans who have renewed their ST's and shown that they will stick by Hearts through thick and thin.

A 'British style' manager will be appointed in the next fortnight and I hope it is a big enough appointment to sell the remaining ST's to those fans who have refused to renew thus far.

Time will tell!!!!!

No surprises at all. I went last season with a mate who is far from the biggest Hearts fan in the world, and he on no uncertain terms had said he won't be back next season. I'll be holding out until closer to the season. I'm not going to go if I'm paying to see the same next season as last. I'll just pick and choose my matches.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to pick & choose so that you end up only seeing the best of the matches but I think this is a more popular reason for non-renewal than some might admit.

There are plenty of people who are claiming some sort of moral or ethical motivation to non-renewal; insisting that by not paying up-front they're exacting some sort of revenge upon Romanov and pushing him into action. I reckon that's a load of twaddle to be honest. I think people are just fed up after last season and want their value for money this year. There are no guarantees with a season ticket but if things get crap again, they can vote with their feet and only attend the more interesting fixtures.

Each to their own, people can't be criticised for how they choose to spend their cash or their time. But I do wish they'd stop dressing it up as something it isn't.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
There's nothing wrong with wanting to pick & choose so that you end up only seeing the best of the matches but I think this is a more popular reason for non-renewal than some might admit.

There are plenty of people who are claiming some sort of moral or ethical motivation to non-renewal; insisting that by not paying up-front they're exacting some sort of revenge upon Romanov and pushing him into action. I reckon that's a load of twaddle to be honest. I think people are just fed up after last season and want their value for money this year. There are no guarantees with a season ticket but if things get crap again, they can vote with their feet and only attend the more interesting fixtures.

Each to their own, people can't be criticised for how they choose to spend their cash or their time. But I do wish they'd stop dressing it up as something it isn't.

That is rank nonsense and you know it.

Does it surpise you that there MIGHT be some people out there with genuine reasons for not renewing? Christ I just got PM from someone who has given up three prized seats but felt they had to do something.

Sure there are those who feel that the financial element is important, that they don't feel forking out such a large sum with the way the Club is being run right makes sense.

As far as I can see from my own evidence many people have given up willingly prized seats that they have had for years. That has involved a lifestyle change.

Twaddle, my arse.

I dont think I did say that one positive quote makes Romanov a good guy!!!!

I have never bet on fotball and will not start now as it is very unpredictable!!!!!

In my opinion MM turned down Hearts because of contact made with him from Celtic. I am certain that when GS leaves (either this or next summer) you will find MM as his replacement. I would think it will be next summer when he can join Celtic with European experience!!!! However, I wouldn't bet on it!!!

I still believe praise is due to the 10,000 fans who have renewed their ST's and shown that they will stick by Hearts through thick and thin.

A 'British style' manager will be appointed in the next fortnight and I hope it is a big enough appointment to sell the remaining ST's to those fans who have refused to renew thus far.

Time will tell!!!!!

Do you have knowledge you'd like to share with us?

Charlie-Brown

Why are we still having ST debates? Those who wanted to renew did, those who didn't didn't - quite simple really - freedom of choice.

Walter Bishop

Positive???

Like What exactly, Our captain is about to sold, Driver will be next, we have no manager, our owner doesnt give a feck about the club,we are 36 million in debtl,we have half a team of wage thiefs(at least) and Robbie Neilson is still at the club!;)

That is rank nonsense and you know it.

Does it surpise you that there MIGHT be some people out there with genuine reasons for not renewing? Christ I just got PM from someone who has given up three prized seats but felt they had to do something.

Sure there are those who feel that the financial element is important, that they don't feel forking out such a large sum with the way the Club is being run right makes sense.

As far as I can see from my own evidence many people have given up willingly prized seats that they have had for years. That has involved a lifestyle change.

Twaddle, my arse.

I think that there are people who have their own reasons not to renew, personal circumstances etc etc.

there are those who haven't renewed on principle i.e. the way they see VR taking the club.

I think there are also those who who are not renewing because of the product on show. They want the heady days of 05/06 (don't we all?).

Now you could argue that that last lot are a consequence of VR's pesky meddling however I suspect that some, not all, are i guess what you could call "fair weather". I think this is thepoint RedM is making.

THIS IS NOT TO SAY THAT ALL THOSE NOT RENEWING ARE FAIRWEATHER FANS!!!!

However, just as success will attract new fans, failure will also see fans leave.

I guess what I am trying to say is that there are a whole host of reasons for renewing or not and that things are not black and white. We are all swirling about somewhere in grey.

Archived