We Got What We Deserved

The White Cockade

The White Cockade

We handed them complete control for the whole of the second half

We have proved so many times that when we sit back on a lead it can all go wrong

Hellish game for Dauda and Reilly - ball battered at them from 60 yards away for 90 minutes

Hibs were the only team playing football

We got 2 great goals but did very little with the ball at all

Can only hope we are more positive in the replay or we will go out

We tried to defend a 2-0 lead and got what we deserved.

Negative tactics breed negative results.

Gordon Ramsay

On the whole Ii thought we were extremely poor.

Didnt deserve to be 2 up at half time and in the end got what we deserved.

Very disappointing.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Neilson's approach at 2-0 was quite astonishing. It was basically a case of crossing fingers and hoping they didn't score one, otherwise the onslaught was bound to come. His record in this sort of game is so, so poor - almost like he can't handle it

I was never worried during the game and I'm still not now. Lower league teams will always raise their game for a cup game against bigger clubs and we fell asleep losing two scrappy goals in the process.

We'll win the replay comfortably as our quality will dictate.

FWIW, I would have started Juanma ahead of Duada but otherwise we were very comfortable until we took our foot off the gas.

I was never worried during the game and I'm still not now. Lower league teams will always raise their game for a cup game against bigger clubs and we fell asleep losing two scrappy goals in the process.

FWIW, I would have started Juanma ahead of Duada but otherwise we were very comfortable until we took our foot off the gas.

I'm afraid I don't share your optimism.

Jambof3tornado

Totally got what we deserved. Never looked like creating anything 2nd half.

Hibs battled for everything and we did not.

Maroon Sailor

Can't complain - pretty poor from Hearts today.

We'll sort it out in the replay though

To play the way we did second half must have been tactics from RN. Unreal. We asked for it playing so deep. Why give them that momentum?

Exactly, why when we're at home are we sitting back allowing them to dictate the game

2nd half other than last minute was instantly forgettable, but I don't think loss of Ozturk helped our cause

Once number 17 was in the park i feared then worst! Boy should never be seen in a hearts jersey again

rudi must stay

Can't complain - pretty poor from Hearts today.

We'll sort it out in the replay though

We'll play for a draw again. With a team as good as this we are underachieving, as much as I like Neilson I think someone else could take us further

We already how we will play in the replay, negative and defensive. The second half today was absolutely shocking, surely you push on for the 3rd goal. Neilsons built in negativity is costing us in big games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you revert to the fear-based tactics - IT DOES NOT WORK - when will CL/RN get this drill?

That was a disgraceful second-half from Hearts and no more than an open invite for Hibs to score.

We tried to defend a 2-0 lead and got what we deserved.

Negative tactics breed negative results.

100% agree with this. Sitting back on a 2-0 lead against a Championship side FFS.

maltese jambo

Robbie Neilson seems to think we are able to defend a lead just like the old days when him, pressley, webster and a whole host of better players were at our disposal and were actually good at doing it.

Despite the fact we continue to drop points/have scares when trying to do so, the ball still hasn't dropped with him that we are no where near good enough to defend leads with the players we have at our disposal. We should have kept going at them for a good 20 mins.

Having said that, fair amount of criticism has to go to the players. Nicholson, Djoum Cowie all had atrocious second halves, in addition to the obvious players who consistantly are poor anyway.

As for the strikers, they barely touched the ball. Getting sick and tired of how many times i've said that after Hearts games. Not good enough. They should take a look at what Cummings was doing - dropping deep to help out/collect the ball and drive up field. At 1 point he was nearly in their own penalty box to collect it.

Pathetic Hearts and for the record we will get gubbed at ER

We didn't get what we deserved. We didn't deserve a replay. We got played off the park for 90 mins. Any 1 that says anything other is deluded. Nowhere near good enough and if we play like that in a replay we,ll be on

The end of a doing.

First half, superb, everything going to plan.

2nd half WTF!

What did Robbie say at half time.... **** me!

Bottled it big time, another goal would have finished them off. We really gave them too much respect.

Hibs totally deserve a replay and it pisses me off big time....arghhh!

z0gw6lyskmm61bcad662.jpg

I'd find it hard to make any case for Robbie's approach to the game given the above. Being out-thought by a simpleton like Stubbs is embarassing.

Even the deluded Jambo must know we are in a cup tie now. I don't think we deserved to win. We have to play on the front foot and had way too many passengers. The injuries and new players are a concern and Sow looked a big miss today!

Juanma has to play now in this team and we need to have a think about how we want to play in the replay.

I worry that Neilson favours negativity in big games as the Aberdeen 1st half apart, we have been found wanting;

maltese jambo

Mate you can't take your foot off the gas for 45 minutes of football. 

And we will not win the reply.

We didn't get what we deserved. We didn't deserve a replay. We got played off the park for 90 mins. Any 1 that says anything other is deluded. Nowhere near good enough and if we play like that in a replay we,ll be on

The end of a doing.

It's Hibs so there will be no 'doing'.

We'll struggle though.

alicante jambo

The end of a doing.

i agree with you.They were all over us.their forward line caused us nothing but bother total opposite to ours.

The end of a doing.

Nah first half we were stronger. Second half we were abysmal. Hopefully if we get Walker and Nicholson back fitter it'll be a different story.

maltese jambo

We'll play for a draw again. With a team as good as this we are underachieving, as much as I like Neilson I think someone else could take us further

This 100% Incredibly frustrating

alicante jambo

We bottled it. Oshaniwa, McGhee and Pallardo were absolutely shocking.

add dauda in there.Alexander hardly covers himself in glory either.Some poor decisions by robbie today how dauda stayed on ill never know.No pace/strength nothing about him.Cowie was rank aswell btw.

The Ginger Jambo

add dauda in there.Alexander hardly covers himself in glory either.Some poor decisions by robbie today how dauda stayed on ill never know.No pace/strength nothing about him.Cowie was rank aswell btw.

maltese jambo

Thought Cowie had a good first half but he needs to learn quickly not to listen to RN's half time team talks.

The Ginger Jambo

Nicholson and Paterson worked hard. Alexander did all he could. Djoum did his bit. The rest showed no fight and desire

MacDonald Jardine

Completely deluded.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

z0gw6lyskmm61bcad662.jpg

I'd find it hard to make any case for Robbie's approach to the game given the above. Being out-thought by a simpleton like Stubbs is embarassing.

He wasnt even out thought by him Stubbs sets out Hibs the same way every game they never change. Once again Robbie over thinks things.

Hibs did not raise their game. We lowered our game.

First half we were fine, Hibs offered very little and we scored two cracking goals.

Second half doesn't need much comment, why invite pressure when you've just lost you captain and centre half to injury, take the game to them.

front 2 did nothing, but how much if that is due to them getting zero to work with is hard to say. Having said that, neither Reilly or the new guy seemed to be able to control the ball or find a team mate. McGee was a bomb scare as was Oshinawa. Very much a make-shift defense which coped quite well given what I've already said. Interestingly, both Michael O'Neill and Neil McCann said at half time we were well worth out lead!

MacDonald Jardine

First half, superb, everything going to plan.

2nd half WTF!

What did Robbie say at half time.... **** me!

Bottled it big time, another goal would have finished them off. We really gave them too much respect.

Hibs totally deserve a replay and it pisses me off big time....arghhh!

We did not play them off the park at any time today.

How we were two up is a complete mystery.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Easily the best team in the first half, no idea what we were doing in the second..

I thought we were second best throughout. Neilson shits it again in a big game.

Shooter McGavin

1st half we were good, But that second half makes me feel a bit fortunate to get a draw. Embarrassing second half.

Archived