top six the target ?

jock _turd

I don't know that all of what I have read on here is true regarding goings and a possible coming how ever on the balance of what I have read I think the board have decided that the realistic target for this season was top six. I think we can say that looks like being a reality now? what are the thoughts that the board have decided to stick with that and maximise what we can take out of the season financially ie.  minimise wages and max out on transfer fees brought in ? It seem strange that we have not strengthened the squad when to pursue top or second spot would necessitate that be do. Sometimes a board that has set targets and timetable prefer to stick with those targets and timetable than risk chasing the object of the exercise.

We are easy 3rd with who we have now. Never mind who comes in in the next 4 hours or so. Oh, and we will progress to the Scottish cup semi at least.

Jesus. This place needs closed down for a few weeks.

Some folk need to sit down, take a deep breath and think before bashing the keyboard.

Jamboelite, on 01 Feb 2016 - 7:22 PM, said:

This place is off the chain ******* nuts tonight.

not just tonight

Ffs.....if people actually break it down we've lost 1 significant player, loaned out 2 bit part and may lose a so-so young player but get a decent fee.

We've signed an able replacement for one of the loanees and may yet sign another couple before the day is out.

All in all we've lost one regular, key player.

Ffs.....if people actually break it down we've lost 1 significant player, loaned out 2 bit part and may lose a so-so young player but get a decent fee.

We've signed an able replacement for one of the loanees and may yet sign another couple before the day is out.

All in all we've lost one regular, key player.

If the way Hearts fans on here have reacted over losing one key player is anything to go by, its no wonder Uniteds home attendance is literally, well, dead.

:oohmatron:

:rofl:

What 

is 

wrong

with

people.

Look sorry I did word that badly what I should have said " we are happy to stick with what appears to be possible" Not top six because as I have said in my post we are already top six. But the other days the place was in melt down re Sow going and how we were going to need a good forward in replace him hence my question which remains unanswered .... are the board pursuing a policy of making as much financial gain out of our playing staff by letting players go out on loan etc and following their game plan... not that I am complaining if that is the strategy because to me it make a lot of sense.

Revised targets, selling players like we can't pay the bills, big huddie targets that Levein prefers, following the Petrie blueprint, signing has beens, the list goes on. Loving it.

Bazzas right boot

Jesus.

We have lost/ losing  a player that was going to sign a pre contract and leave in the Summer, we seem to be getting ?1m +.

Gomis, who is a decent squad player has been replaced with, what on paper would seem better quality

King, who is behind Walker and Sam has gone on loan

Mghee, might also be gone, hes hardly played in 2 seasons.

I agree we do need to strengthen but the meltdown and prattle about settling for 6th when we are 3rd is just nonsense.

Jesus. This place needs closed down for a few weeks.

Some folk need to sit down, take a deep breath and think before bashing the keyboard.

Yip, or Some people need to close down for a few weeks!

Some on here need to take some advise-

3rd + massive income transfers would be good season. I've had enough drama involving Hearts for a lifetime. I'd rather we didn't break the bank in the dream of reaching Aberdeen (or Celtic!) just to avoid an extra qualifying round in the Europa League. We could sell another 5 players and there would be danger of us falling below 6th. Granted there are no injuries then we will easily take 3rd which, in our first year back up, is a great achievement.  

I don't know that all of what I have read on here is true regarding goings and a possible coming how ever on the balance of what I have read I think the board have decided that the realistic target for this season was top six. I think we can say that looks like being a reality now? what are the thoughts that the board have decided to stick with that and maximise what we can take out of the season financially ie. minimise wages and max out on transfer fees brought in ? It seem strange that we have not strengthened the squad when to pursue top or second spot would necessitate that be do. Sometimes a board that has set targets and timetable prefer to stick with those targets and timetable than risk chasing the object of the exercise.

Guid yin!

I don't know that all of what I have read on here is true regarding goings and a possible coming how ever on the balance of what I have read I think the board have decided that the realistic target for this season was top six. I think we can say that looks like being a reality now? what are the thoughts that the board have decided to stick with that and maximise what we can take out of the season financially ie. minimise wages and max out on transfer fees brought in ? It seem strange that we have not strengthened the squad when to pursue top or second spot would necessitate that be do. Sometimes a board that has set targets and timetable prefer to stick with those targets and timetable than risk chasing the object of the exercise.

Guid yin!

If we don't finish at least third now, it will be very disappointing, regardless of what happens before midnight. I fully expect us to be successful in that regard though.

I don't know that all of what I have read on here is true regarding goings and a possible coming how ever on the balance of what I have read I think the board have decided that the realistic target for this season was top six. I think we can say that looks like being a reality now? what are the thoughts that the board have decided to stick with that and maximise what we can take out of the season financially ie. minimise wages and max out on transfer fees brought in ? It seem strange that we have not strengthened the squad when to pursue top or second spot would necessitate that be done. Sometimes a board that has set targets and timetable prefer to stick with those targets and timetable than risk chasing the object of the exercise.

talk_turd!

Look really go back read my post and let me know exactly what is so ridiculous about it. I am asking a question not giving an opinion! Now the bit in bold is that so ridiculous a suggestion. All I have suggested is that we are in a good position stick and not twist when the second spot may be out of our reach.

We are sitting comfortably in 3rd.

Its almost a certainty that we are going to finish 3rd.

Top six?

The last I remember 3rd place was in the top six and that was the target for the season ... are you hard of thinking?

i feel this thread was made due to the fact that at this point we had only signed Don Cowie.

i feel this thread was made due to the fact that at this point we had only signed Don Cowie.

That is part of it but I was thinking that perhaps the board were happy that top six is ticked off and we can make some money. Then  just possibly have a shopping list for the summer with the dosh we saved.

3rd + massive income transfers would be good season. I've had enough drama involving Hearts for a lifetime. I'd rather we didn't break the bank in the dream of reaching Aberdeen (or Celtic!) just to avoid an extra qualifying round in the Europa League. We could sell another 5 players and there would be danger of us falling below 6th. Granted there are no injuries then we will easily take 3rd which, in our first year back up, is a great achievement.  

How refreshing someone who reads a post through analyses it and gives a coherent answer... thanks!

Rudolf's Mate

I don't know that all of what I have read on here is true regarding goings and a possible coming how ever on the balance of what I have read I think the board have decided that the realistic target for this season was top six. I think we can say that looks like being a reality now? what are the thoughts that the board have decided to stick with that and maximise what we can take out of the season financially ie. minimise wages and max out on transfer fees brought in ? It seem strange that we have not strengthened the squad when to pursue top or second spot would necessitate that be done. Sometimes a board that has set targets and timetable prefer to stick with those targets and timetable than risk chasing the object of the exercise.

Look really go back read my post and let me know exactly what is so ridiculous about it. I am asking a question not giving an opinion! Now the bit in bold is that so ridiculous a suggestion. All I have suggested is that we are in a good position stick and not twist when the second spot may be out of our reach.

Before a ball was kicked I tried being realistic and said top 6 and I won't complain. Sitting where we are now and the showing of those below us, anything less than 3rd would be pretty bad! 

Before a ball was kicked I tried being realistic and said top 6 and I won't complain. Sitting where we are now and the showing of those below us, anything less than 3rd would be pretty bad! 

No disagreement from me on that.

Let's just be glad we're not getting relegated back to division three where is poppy thiefs belong guys

Hibs patter.

If we don't finish top 3 now then something will have to go far wrong in next few months! It's in the bag, Europe here we come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We paid a six figure transfer fee for a 19 year old centre back that is arguably our third choice centre back at the moment.

We've sold a striker for ?1.5 Million that we could've kept for four months but lost for free.

Our target? This window tells us that our target is next season already. We've got third sewn up, we will win the cup and we will already have a head start on 2016/2017.

It's looking good folks.

We are a shoe in for third never mind top 6 :lol:

Another who is hard of thinking ... third is top six what part of that is not clear to you?

Another who is hard of thinking ... third is top six what part of that is not clear to you?

To be fair, you've hidden that part in a mass of text. Paragraphs, man.

Archived