Underwhelming!

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop, on 01 Feb 2016 - 5:41 PM, said:

Out - King, Sow, McGhee, Gomis

In - Cowie 

:what:

you should have waited to midnight

?1.5mil for Sow is total madness, great business

King wanted to go, it's a loan so he may well return, if not we can command a decent fee in summer with 1 year left on contract, Nicholson and Walker are back to fitness

Cowie is relpacing Gomis, Cowie done alot more in the game than Gomis has, we have to trust the managements decision on this, Gomis 30 Cowie 32, no sell on value in either

McGhee will depend on the fee we get and whether we get Souttar in to replace

I expect no striker before midnight.  More likely we'll see two signed on a free before Valentine's Day.

Can we still deal with English clubs until 12?

Yes

It's like other countries can still take our players whilst their window is open.

Funny how people look at things differently . This could turn out to be a tremendous widow the way things are shaping up , especially from a business point of view ....

King Of The Cat Cafe

Romanov would have signed a whole team by now

and had us in administration within the year...

On topic, it's

Out: King, Gomis.

In: Cowie.

McGhee may go and Sow may go, we may also sign a few players. Let's wait and see, eh.

The Future's Maroon

In - Cowie 

Made a bit of a tit of yourself there buddy?

Sow - NOT CONFIRMED

McGhee - NOT CONFIRMED

Gomis - loan deal, can return

King - loan deal, can return

as for in's

Cowie - in.

Still plently time left.

No facepalm would suit this opening post.

On topic, it's

Out: King, Gomis.

In: Cowie.

McGhee may go and Sow may go, we may also sign a few players. Let's wait and see, eh.

Jamboelite approves of this post.

Serious question, how do you instigate the ignore function? One or two real raspers in our midst!

maroonlegions

Not the perfect preparation for a Derby.... Changes at this late stage work in H1b5 favour

FFS..   :laugh4:  Nothing works in Hibs favour, its the big cup and its a derby...   :laugh4:

You're not one for starting a thread early though, are you tart? ;)

Best JKB comeback of 2016 so far.  Well done, sir.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Worth remembering our superstar midfield combo both arrived outside of the window.

I like the movement bar losing Os but the money is remarkable and unexpected

Francis Albert

From what we know or is rumoured now the OP seems to me a pretty fair assessment.

May prove to be wildly premature. Certainly hope so.

fabienleclerq

Underwhelming depending on your view, short term maybe but long term not so much.

?1.5 for sow is a great deal, king gets games and if he does well his value rockets. Cowie for Gomis isn't up nor down for me. So we have money to invest, even if we don't get anyone yet that's good value in January it gives us cash for next year.

Long term I think it's decent business.

Bazzas right boot

In - Cowie 

In - Cowie 

100% agree if it stays like this.

?1m+ for Sow is great, but our team is weaker than it was at this moment.

There is still time, need at least 2 players now.

Are Hearts a business to some people? Who slated the hobos about balance sheets?

The Sow deal is a good one but it's relative.

Hearts are my FOOTBALL team, I want to see investment in the FOOTBALL team and it seems we have have an alarming lack of foresight over the possibility. We don't have the depth to cover that.

Still time though.

Remember we have got a new main stand to pay for. I am confident we will finnish third this season with the squad we have left. Walker could play up beside / behind Juanma. Will give Zanata more opportunity to development and one last chance for El Has to show he is good enough. I have no doubt we are trying to sign another striker. But I would rather sign nobody than make a hastie bad signing.

Are Hearts a business to some people? Who slated the hobos about balance sheets?

Hearts are my FOOTBALL team, I want to see investment in the FOOTBALL team and it seems we have have an alarming lack of foresight over the possibility. We don't have the depth to cover that.

Still time though.

I think we just need to be patient, Hearts will have had their targets from even before the window opened, but this window especially it all depends on, basically a domino effect, one players moves another comes and that might have to happen down a chain of three clubs to see that investment that we all want! But obviously we all get in a panic because of the media building it up and agents releasing snippets of information, to squeeze more money out of deals or push them through etc.  

fabienleclerq

Still time though.

People are realistic, long term what do you think is the best thing for Hearts? Keeping dow for four months and losing him for free or getting ?1.5m?

Dagger Is Back

My God how different are peoples views on all of this.

IF these moves go through and things stay as they currently are, we are weaker particularly up front where we were light in August. Couldn't give a rats arse about the MS to be honest. The funding for that should be taken care of without need to use the ?1.5M (if that's what we get). If we were talking about a ?3/4M sale then that's different. We're well ahead of budget due to increased hospitality and home sell outs over the last 18 months.

I think we should be investing in the squad and with 4.5 hours to go, either CL is playing a blinder or (my impression of it), we've been a little caught out.

My faith is being tested I've got to say.

Archived