What is the update with El Hass?

Osman Sow

Looking forward to seeing if we can get a productive player at last. I have a nagging doubt that some other people have already pre-judged this.

We should give him a chance until the summer. if he dosent preform or gets re-injured he needs the boot.

He will feel like a new signing when he comes back.

Not a very good new signing, don't know how long he has on his contract but there's absolutely no chance of it being renewed.

Not a very good new signing, don't know how long he has on his contract but there's absolutely no chance of it being renewed.

im sure he signed a 3-year deal when he joined.

JamboJohn1874

The most ridiculously ordinary player we have had on our books for a long time. Had so many chances it is frankly embarrassing.

We need to cut our losses here and invite him to move on. Perhaps Hibs would take him, although to be honest I think they have better players now.

I will be absolutely livid if we drop one of our current first team players such as Zanatta to make space for him.

Bad luck it didn't work out.

Got to feel sorry for him. Thought he was starting to show glimpses of form before he got injured again. Sort of player we could do with played behind the front two. Needs a sequence of games and not sure he's going to get it at Hearts now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love him to come good.

he showed glimpses of what he can do last season. he needs to stop being bloody injured

Son Of Anarchy

he showed glimpses of what he can do last season. he needs to stop being bloody injured

I'm pretty sure he's saying exactly the same thing himself.

Bazzas right boot

The most ridiculously ordinary player we have had on our books for a long time. Had so many chances it is frankly embarrassing.

We need to cut our losses here and invite him to move on. Perhaps Hibs would take him, although to be honest I think they have better players now.

I will be absolutely livid if we drop one of our current first team players such as Zanatta to make space for him.

Bad luck it didn't work out.

So many things wrong with your post.

He has had few starts, never got going due to injurys.

How can you judge him?

If comparing him to Zanatta, then he has done more than him. It's a ridiculous comparison anyway.

Zanatta is also not a first team player.

If he breaks down again, or cannot get into the team then he will be moved on, but he deserves a chance.

Your on your own there. God what a player.

One decent goal at Tynie apart from that I always wondered how he became a professional football player. Much like El hass lacks basic footballing control and skill.

Son Of Anarchy

One decent goal at Tynie apart from that I always wondered how he became a professional football player. Much like El hass lacks basic footballing control and skill.

Agree with Hans but disagree with El Has. Looked quite good at times and I have no doubt he will show it if he ever gets an injury free run.

Agree with Hans but disagree with El Has. Looked quite good at times and I have no doubt he will show it if he ever gets an injury free run.

Well just have to disagree on El has, interested to know what do you think his qualities are? Only two things of note I can remember is that reverse pass and one good strike at Tynie. Even in those games I mentioned I thought he had a poor game.

Son Of Anarchy

Well just have to disagree on El has, interested to know what do you think his qualities are? Only two things of note I can remember is that reverse pass and one good strike at Tynie. Even in those games I mentioned I thought he had a poor game.

More intuition than observation tbh. I'm struggling to remember what games he's actually played in its been so long. Bear in mind I still think Juwon will come good too ;)

Bazzas right boot

His first touch looked great!

He might not make it at Hearts, but that will be due to fitness ( lack off) and injuries, nothing to do with his ability as a footballer.

He is clearly a decent footballer, however that is no use if he cannot get fit.

I wonder what people see sometimes- "lack of basic football ability and skill", I've seen football players at Hearts that have lacked this and played many more games.

glastonbury jambo

El has....been.

he will feel like a new signing when he gets back....until he gets injured again.

I'd love him to come good.

Me to, and I would say that for any Hearts player, but I think he could be next John Sutton. It's just not going to work out between him and Hearts. 

I would also expect a player of his hype to do more in the under 21 games hes played in. When Ozturk played for them he scored about 3 goals, but I dont see El Has standing out in those games. (I don'f watch U21 games so someone like FF is better to answer that.)

Son Of Anarchy

Me to, and I would say that for any Hearts player, but I think he could be next John Sutton. It's just not going to work out between him and Hearts.

I would also expect a player of his hype to do more in the under 21 games hes played in. When Ozturk played for them he scored about 3 goals, but I dont see El Has standing out in those games. (I don'f watch U21 games so someone like FF is better to answer that.)

I'd agree with that totally. I'd expect him to be setting the heather alight there but certainly haven't heard that. Wonder if he's playing cautiously due to the injuries?

JamboJohn1874

So many things wrong with your post.

He has had few starts, never got going due to injurys.

How can you judge him?

If comparing him to Zanatta, then he has done more than him. It's a ridiculous comparison anyway.

Zanatta is also not a first team player.

If he breaks down again, or cannot get into the team then he will be moved on, but he deserves a chance.

The maroon tinted brigade are back I see...

The gist of my post is to highlight the fact that to bring El -Hass back, we will have to drop one of our current bench to make space for him. Since Jaunma is not about to be dropped, the only other forward on our bench these days is Zanatta, hence my post.

Dropping a promising youngster for someone who has played a part in a huge number of games and been utterly dreadful in almost all of them (apart from a single good back pass in one), is not good football or business.

We need to cut our losses and run with this one. It is unfortunate but it happens in football. Invite him to move on.

More intuition than observation tbh. I'm struggling to remember what games he's actually played in its been so long. Bear in mind I still think Juwon will come good too ;)

Fair enough, don't like having a go at players but he's had more than his fair amount of chances and never impressed. I remember watching Augustyn against Aberdeen in one of his first games and thinking he's hopeless but a few games later can see why he's played in Italy and now think he is a mainstay of our defence. Just goes to show that certain players need more time to settle.

Hope your right about Juwon but I fear he's running out of chances and just don't feel comfortable watching the defence when he's in it

He might not make it at Hearts, but that will be due to fitness ( lack off) and injuries, nothing to do with his ability as a footballer.

I wonder what people see sometimes- "lack of basic football ability and skill", I've seen football players at Hearts that have lacked this and played many more games.

Don't know what you see.

His first touch is more like a pass and what Hearts players are you talking about?

It is last chance saloon for him. I don't care how talented a player is or could be, continual injury is no good to us. If he doesn't play before the seasons end I see us doing a deal with him to terminate his deal.

Playing U20 games - three now

and going by reports he showed no signs of being a footballer!

His first touch is horrendous!  

Looking forward to his return, it will be interesting to see how he fits in to the team. He doesn't need to be rushed in, we have a lot of competition for places.

See when people say they saw glimpses, I'd ok to know what faves they saw. He scored a few goals but even Anderson managed one last season, among a wide variety of scorers in the squad.

Not every signing works out unfortunately, and it's time to cut our loses and free up room on the wage bill.

JamboJohn1874

Looks like today's the day to clear out the good, the old and the hopeless, so I would not be surprised to see El-Hass invited to move on.

I certainly hope so.

Looks like today's the day to clear out the good, the old and the hopeless, so I would not be surprised to see El-Hass invited to move on.

I certainly hope so.

We loaned out King and Gomis easily because they had quality and were wanted by other Clubs.

Who would want to pay the loan wages for El Hass based on one reverse pass?

An unlucky player with injuries and I suspect he will always be.

He joined Hearts in the summer of 2014 carrying an injury and having not played for Sparta since February.2014.   He came on as a sub in 3 games in September 2014 followed by starting the next 8 games before getting injured against Rangers in November 2014.    He did not play again for 3 months.

Similarly, he was on the bench for 4 games in March 2015 before starting the next 4 games.  Then getting inured against Rangers in May 2015.

Just unlucky.

An unlucky player with injuries and I suspect he will always be.

He joined Hearts in the summer of 2014 carrying an injury and having not played for Sparta since February.2014.   He came on as a sub in 3 games in September 2014 followed by starting the next 8 games before getting injured against Rangers in November 2014.    He did not play again for 3 months.

Similarly, he was on the bench for 4 games in March 2015 before starting the next 4 games.  Then getting inured against Rangers in May 2015.

Just unlucky.

True. But the sad fact is he showed us very little in the 12 games that he was fit and started.

Get rid, waste of a wage.

Who do you think would take him?

We can't just "get rid" of him without either someone else wanting him or paying him to leave. 

So unless there is interest then we may as well let him get recover from his injuries and give him some game time to see if he is a good enough player.

And if he den't make the grade then with the exposure he will have had there might be interest from other clubs who could take him off us.

Who do you think would take him?

We can't just "get rid" of him without either someone else wanting him or paying him to leave. 

So unless there is interest then we may as well let him get recover from his injuries and give him some game time to see if he is a good enough player.

And if he den't make the grade then with the exposure he will have had there might be interest from other clubs who could take him off us.

Exactly, I don't understand these folks who shout 'Get Rid' or 'Sell Him', get rid to where? sell him to who?  You can only get rid or sell someone if somebody else wants him and if nobody comes in your stuck with him and the only way you can release him is to pay him off, which isn't exactly freeing up a wage as you've just paid out a lot of money up front for a player to go, so you haven't saved a great deal, so you may as well keep him and play him and hope it all comes good or at the very least does a limited job for you.

Archived