TV moiunted on a wall

Markie

Hi all

some advice needed

Getting an LCD TV, anything from 32 to 37"

want to hang it on my wall.

So, how do you know if the wall can take the weight??

cheers

vegas-voss
Hi all

some advice needed

cheers

I don't get that hanging your tv on the wall stuff.I like to look at a tv in a corner and also yeah it looks great in brochures but where do all the cables for your Sky/Ps3/Xbox360 go as you don't hang them on the wall aswell.So really you will have your tv on the wall and cables hanging everywhere from it.My mate has his on the wall but it is a specially built wall for the tv and sky where the sky and Ps3 are in alcoves.

Sexton Hardcastle

Mines is fine on the wall. Got my desk rite under/ to the side of it. The cables neatly tied. Looks sweet and you can lie in bed watching it.

42" Plasma on the wall and not a cable to be seen......:)

So good in fact that the bird buying the house has made us an offer to keep the 2 Plasmas installed when she buys.......

Saves me taking them down and I get to buy new ones.....

vegas-voss
42" Plasma on the wall and not a cable to be seen......:)

So good in fact that the bird buying the house has made us an offer to keep the 2 Plasmas installed when she buys.......

Saves me taking them down and I get to buy new ones.....

So where do you put the Sky box and other things connected to the tv.Do they just float there.Im not saying that to be smart im just wondering how it all works out.

vegas-voss
Mines is fine on the wall. Got my desk rite under/ to the side of it. The cables neatly tied. Looks sweet and you can lie in bed watching it.

Yeah i was more thinking about in the living room on the main wall.

Sexton Hardcastle

yea fair enough. Although my mum is trying to steal my telly and put it downstairs... its not happening.

So where do you put the Sky box and other things connected to the tv.Do they just float there.Im not saying that to be smart im just wondering how it all works out.

I am the same as moz with a 32" on the wall.

All my boxes sit very nicely into my shelved press.

Sky + box

Surround sound system

Xbox 360

All safely tucked away in a unit below the TV..........all cables are inside the partiton wall......not a single cable on show....

Really recommend you getting a professional to do it. Cause when it falls down you can claim compensation off them. ;) They also run the cables behind the wall to your Sky box / X-box whatever. They do a great job.

I know the Sony shop next to Lucas on Morningside road do it. But the people you are buying it from should offer the service.

And if you are buying, buy from John Lewis. They offer amazing service and a completely free 5 year cover plan. The same as you'd pay ?200+ for in Curry's. I got mine there and it has broken twice (in 3 years) and they have fixed it twice and given me a replacement twice. 42' Plasma. Great service.

Really recommend you getting a professional to do it. Cause when it falls down you can claim compensation off them. ;) They also run the cables behind the wall to your Sky box / X-box whatever. They do a great job.

I know the Sony shop next to Lucas on Morningside road do it. But the people you are buying it from should offer the service.

And if you are buying, buy from John Lewis. They offer amazing service and a completely free 5 year cover plan. The same as you'd pay ?200+ for in Curry's. I got mine there and it has broken twice (in 3 years) and they have fixed it twice and given me a replacement twice. 42' Plasma. Great service.

Getting it from John Lewis for the guarantee. Do they provide installations as well? and if so how much are they

Getting it from John Lewis for the guarantee. Do they provide installations as well? and if so how much are they

no idea

Jambof3tornado
Hi all

some advice needed

cheers

You know when you get up the morning after you put the telly on the wall. If the telly is still where you left it and the wall hasnt fallen down then its strong enough!!!

vegas-voss
Sky + box

Surround sound system

Xbox 360

All safely tucked away in a unit below the TV..........all cables are inside the partiton wall......not a single cable on show....

Ah that's where im fecked my my wall is solid and the layout of my living room has the main wall with the chimney wall jutting out.I would need to get partion wall made at an angle in the corner of my room.In fact just checked all my walls are solid in my living room no stud walls at all.

i was never sold on the idea either but i've been thinking of it lately.

we've currently got a 32" hd slimline tube telly (yeah, stop laughin!"). it looks the business from the front but the angled bit of the tv is about a foot from the wall. the tv stand is also cluttered with my home cinema, a centre speaker, a gamecube, sky+ box, modem/router, and my 360.

if i had a 40" plasma/lcd on the wall i could have a nice neat unit under it flat against the wall and gain a considerable amount of floor space. it also wouldn't be so cluttered

Ba Baracus

not a big fan of on the wall either, probably because most i have seen are mounted too high on wall. screen should be at eye level from a sitting position, in my opn.

not a big fan of on the wall either, probably because most i have seen are mounted too high on wall. screen should be at eye level from a sitting position, in my opn.

Agree,

I have a 47"(costco free 3 year warranty)

Mine is about 4 feet at the bottom from the floor.

Sky+, hi-fi dvd recorder sit on a table,

Small vase on the hi-fi hides whats left of the cable tidy.

I would recommend a bracket that moves,

the ones that you can use to angle the tv

because if like me the xbox is not in the living room all

the time it can be a nightmare to get at the connections

at the back of the tv and the bracket alows you to pull

the tv out from the wall.

Got the bracket from maplins.

You can get plastic trunking to tidy your cables down the wall. I have a 42" plasma above the fireplace, and a wee bit trunk from the telly down to the socket. I painted the trunking the same colour as the wall. Looks ok. LCD tellys will sit ona wall no problem. There is nae weight in them.

BTW, Costco give ye a 5 year guarantee now, and are far cheaper than John Lewis.

only other thing to consider is mounting it above a working fireplace, i wanted mine above the fireplace but we have a real fire and was advised the heat from it may affect it

Agree,

I have a 47"(costco free 3 year warranty)

Mine is about 4 feet at the bottom from the floor.

Sky+, hi-fi dvd recorder sit on a table,

Small vase on the hi-fi hides whats left of the cable tidy.

I would recommend a bracket that moves,

the ones that you can use to angle the tv

because if like me the xbox is not in the living room all

the time it can be a nightmare to get at the connections

at the back of the tv and the bracket alows you to pull

the tv out from the wall.

Got the bracket from maplins.

tv_thumb.jpg

Click on the pic to make it bigger.

Units-Ikea

Toxteth O'Grady
What kind of price would you be looking at it get it put up there by a professional?

Bump

I was wondering the same.

Anyone had it done recently?

Looking to get a TV wall mounted about 8ft away from the nearest plug and arial socket.

My cables are all inside the skirting boards for my surround sound, and run inside the wall for my HDMI connection. No cables can be seen.

If you want it done properly give the chaps at Loud and Clear a bell. They did my installation and it's a peach.

I can't remember.

Phone them up and I'm sure they'll give you an indicative price over the phone.

Miller Jambo 60
Hi all

some advice needed

cheers

You will know when it crashes to the floor.

Seariously an LCD is lighter than a Plasma so you will be okay.

I have a 42 inch plasma but sits on a glass stand.

Enjoy your LCD great pic.

Commander Harris

my tele's on the wall, my tele's on the wall.

it stands so high, it shines so bright it lights up my hall.

There's millions come to see it, they stand and gaze in awe.

They look upon 1080p, my tele's on the wall.

:D

Classic. :) :) :) :)

This may be a stupid question, but how does the TV connect to the bracket??

There are 2 x long slim brackets that attach to the back of your TV and you then hook them over the main bracket which is fixed to the wall. Locking screws underneath make it theft proof as well.

You can see the long slim brackets in the picture - it come's with all the screws etc' for differant TV's but you will need to get the correct bolts to fix it to your wall. Go to screw fix direct and search for anchor bolts.

Terrible Trio

:4_1_72:

Archived