Goodbye to the Uglies!

avhudtheteeshirt

avhudtheteeshirt

Reported in the paper today that a Lithuanian team has been allowed to play in the Polish League by FIFA, This would open the door for the Uglies to move down south. Celtic will be up in arms as Rangers have prior knowledge of how to start from the bottom and try and work their way up. My own feeling on this is that it would be a shot in the arm for Scottish Football, as without them I think that trophies would be more likely to shared around, 

queensferryjambo

English football doesn't need or want them.

Rangers fans (Chelsea fans in disguise) rampaging around Manchester in 2008 is still very fresh in the memory.

Im fairly sure theres a couple of Welsh teams in the English leagues & it hasnt done the 2 erse cheeks case any good. I suppose you could count Berwick (england) playing in the Scots leagues as well.

I think the truth is that England just dont want them & who could blame them. Can they not FO & play in the Irish/Norther Irish leagues???

Wouldn't mind if they both pissed off. The league has flourished without Rangers, I'm sure if we got rid of the other half of Scotland's cancer it would be even better.

Seeing as England don't want them, Rangers can go to Northern Ireland and Celtic can go to the Republic, both will feel right at home and fit right in as well.

Reported in the paper today that a Lithuanian team has been allowed to play in the Polish League by FIFA, This would open the door for the Uglies to move down south. Celtic will be up in arms as Rangers have prior knowledge of how to start from the bottom and try and work their way up. My own feeling on this is that it would be a shot in the arm for Scottish Football, as without them I think that trophies would be more likely to shared around,

the starting point is Level 9 in England, so maybe they can win that league and get promotion to play Salford City and the Rangers fans can riot around Manchester again

The only people who might want this outside of the ***** themselves are the broadcasters. English football is such a mammoth business already that it may not prove to be of much extra benefit. Chances are sadly very, very low.

If they want to move to England they should be made to base their home ground there as well.

Their licences should be revoked due to the fact that they would be taking money out of Scotland and putting nothing back.

What chance would the rest of the west coast teams have if they are playing host to the big EPL teams ? 

Only if they **** off entirely, stadia and all. Stick yer Colt teams up your farter annaw.

That should be a condition of any move away from Scotland, that they can never come back in any shape or form ever.

Again sadly, that wouldn't happen. They would be welcomed to leave teams in Scotland by arsecracks like Doncaster and Regan.

Zalgirus Vilnius. As far as I can see nothing has been approved yet though it's all talk like the OF?

Can't see it to be honest, they'd add nothing really to the Polish league competitive wise. The only thing they have in their favour rule wise is Wilno(Vilnius) was a Polish city pre-WW2 so perhaps they could claim something that way.

No chance just now

everything can change - maybe in 20 years when current set up implodes (maybe)

new tv deal makes it impossible for now

John mcCartney

peter lawell must be spewing with his mob being followed around with the `brits out now` gang eh

think scudamore and co would entertain that,nah

in the current global climate,allowing them in could spark of major problems  down the line with the world watching n all

I'd love to see the back of them but if they did ever find a way into the English Premier League they would make so much money that all Scottish clubs would end up as feeder clubs even more than they already are.

A few years ago I was really up for a competitive Scottish league without the Old Firm where pretty much anyone could win it. But now I am beginning to believe Hearts can compete for the league in the next few years and winning it above Rangers and Celtic would be so much sweeter than winning it without them.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

MY BRILLIANT IDEA TO BRING NEWCASTLE, SUNDERLAND, AND MIDDLESBOROUGH TO SCOTTISH FOOTBALL LIVES!

(no, not really, the idea still cracks me up though.)

I think the gun's being jumped a bit, this from yesterday says the club have discussed it in theory with their town's mayor, no mention of fifa

Lithuanian soccer champion, Zalgiris Vilnius, on January 17th, 2016 said it was considering the possibility of moving to the Polish league in the future, adding that it would not withdraw from the Lithuanian tournament, reports LETA/BNS.

According to a press release issued on Sunday evening, the club confirmed the possibility had been discussed with the Vilnius City Municipality.

?Participation in the strongest league of the Poland, Ekstraklasa, without the club leaving the Lithuanian national championship was one of the theoretical options discussed,? reads the press release.

The club said that joining another country's championship "is unlikely in the nearest future, as the club does not have a football stadium that would meet highest standards."

Earlier on Sunday, Vice-Mayor Linas Kvedaravicius told BNS Lithuania the idea had been presented by the club's owners.

"The club's leadership had the thought, however, a long time will pass until this happens, if it ever does," the vice-mayor told BNS Lithuania on Sunday.

"The club's willingness to have good matches comes naturally," he added.

i wish jj was my dad

If Poland is happy take foreign clubs we should do what we can to assist the bigots to join them.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

If they want to move to England they should be made to base their home ground there as well.

Their licences should be revoked due to the fact that they would be taking money out of Scotland and putting nothing back.

What chance would the rest of the west coast teams have if they are playing host to the big EPL teams ? 

Agree completely, but would add that should they join the English League, and eventually play in the top tier, Scottish football would suffer even more as it's bad enough just now with the saddos that need to support an 'English team' because they can't cope with the pressure of supporting their local club, without creating the even greater attraction of a club based in Scotland that plays in the 'big' league! The TV coverage of the 'Very Big Two' would be massive, introducing even more youngsters to the 'glamour' of English football. The league that is currently on our doorstep would be in our livingroom!

I believe Scottish football might, one day, reach a level close to the 50s if we lose the Glasgow two, but only if they get right out of our faces!

Again sadly, that wouldn't happen. They would be welcomed to leave teams in Scotland by arsecracks like Doncaster and Regan.

For those reasons, I'm against it. **** becoming the Welsh League.

Im fairly sure theres a couple of Welsh teams in the English leagues & it hasnt done the 2 erse cheeks case any good. I suppose you could count Berwick (england) playing in the Scots leagues as well.

I think the truth is that England just dont want them & who could blame them. Can they not FO & play in the Irish/Norther Irish leagues???

There are plenty cross-border teams around the World, from Berwick to Monaco. If there is a referendum in Spain, Barca as well.

None of that helps empty the Uglies. Maybe Celtic could take the Lithanian clubs place in the space now created?

There is a guy hiding there who claims to know about football, he might help them get on the straight and narrow?

SectionDJambo

If they go, then they go 100%. No leaving "b" teams behind.

But they have 2 main problems.

Why would the English public want them poisoning their cities and public transport every weekend? It must be bad enough now with the nutters they already have down there.

Which level do they enter at? They surely don't think they will just walk into the EPL or Championship do they? Even SKY couldn't cobble that one together, surely.

No European football for Celtic for years?

Whip round for the bus fare south I`d be up for that. Oneway ticket and a Buffet car filled with Buckfast. See Ya, not!

jack D and coke

It's a total non starter surely? At what level are they allowed in? Regardless of their size and supports I can't imagine some of the bigger championship clubs rolling over and accepting it myself.

The thought of those tramps rocking up in England major cities every week singing about fenians etc would surely present an enormous problem for the English police. One they'd rather avoid I'm sure.

CavySlaveJambo

Welsh teams (& Chester) have always played in the English leagues even prior to the formation of the Welsh Leagues.  Therefore they are not a good example to compare them against. 

It's a total non starter surely? At what level are they allowed in? Regardless of their size and supports I can't imagine some of the bigger championship clubs rolling over and accepting it myself.

The thought of those tramps rocking up in England major cities every week singing about fenians etc would surely present an enormous problem for the English police. One they'd rather avoid I'm sure.

Phoenix Clubs who fail to transfer the golden share start at Tier 5 in the National League System Pyramid (Tier 1 was the Conference National), I can't see anyone above that being happy if two teams were parachuted in. 

Bazzas right boot

If they were to start at the bottom, I don't see the problem, and how other clubs could have a problem or stop them if FIFA allowed the cross country thing.

They are huge clubs, Celtic's potential is massive, The Broadcasters would want them, it would give them somthing to hype up and sell.

If there is predecent for it, then they have a case.

I for one would love it, Be great battling it out every year with Aberdeen, Ut and Hibs once they get thier house in order, throw in the odd purple patch by ICT, Motherwell, St Johnstone and thye likes and it could be a right exciting league.

More likely a larger UCL or European league involving more teams, IMO

Seeing as England don't want them, Rangers can go to Northern Ireland and Celtic can go to the Republic, both will feel right at home and fit right in as well.

:spoton:

How are the Welsh teams not already a precedent?

I'm sure it's got something to do with the Welsh clubs (Swansea, Cardiff, Newport etc) joined the English League because there wasn't a League of Wales in operation at this time (1800's).

They were offered to join the League of Wales but declined as the only teams in Wales at that time were amateur and were of poor standard. 

Swansea, Cardiff and the rest have never played in a Welsh League as they have always been in the English League system.

I could be wrong on this but I'm sure this is what I read somewhere why Welsh clubs were allowed to play in the English League.

How are the Welsh teams not already a precedent?

They're grandfathered in, they've been part of the system for so long already. You could also point to Berwick Rangers playing in Scotland

I'm sure it's got something to do with the Welsh clubs (Swansea, Cardiff, Newport etc) joined the English League because there wasn't a League of Wales in operation at this time (1800's).

They were offered to join the League of Wales but declined as the only teams in Wales at that time were amateur and were of poor standard.

Swansea, Cardiff and the rest have never played in a Welsh League as they have always been in the English League system.

I could be wrong on this but I'm sure this is what I read somewhere why Welsh clubs were allowed to play in the English League.

I don't know about Swansea but Cardiff were in the Welsh league system until the 1910's (ish)

Welsh teams (& Chester) have always played in the English leagues even prior to the formation of the Welsh Leagues. Therefore they are not a good example to compare them against.

Doncaster play in England. :)

Any Canadian teams in the MLS?.

If Poland is happy take foreign clubs we should do what we can to assist the bigots to join them.

Yep. Septic have a head start, having recent very bad blood with Legia Warsaw. The other mob would be in their element in a 96% Catholic country with long term Football violence issues.

Yep. Septic have a head start, having recent very bad blood with Legia Warsaw. The other mob would be in their element in a 96% Catholic country with long term Football violence issues.

The mind boggles at that.

My neighbour who is from Poznan and supports his local team has some stories

about Polish fans which would send OF fans

running for the hills.

The mind boggles at that.

My neighbour who is from Poznan and supports his local team has some stories

about Polish fans which would send OF fans

running for the hills.

I can imagine ;). For a while in the 1990s I believe they segregated the fans from one another at Poland Internationals in accordance with their club allegiances i.e. all the Legia Warszawa fans had to sit together, Wisla Krak?w in their own section, Lech Poznan etc etc.

In one season sbout 10 years ago there were 8 deaths in violence between the 2 Krak?w clubs!

You can bet if they ever did leave they would want to keep either a reserve team in our top league or buy a feeder club in the Prem/Championship- St Midden for Celtic and Kilmarnock for Sevco perchance?

As soon as the EPL see a decline (or levelling) in profits the Uglies will be welcomed into their league. Bookmark this point.

Archived