Films Like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon ?

vegas-voss

vegas-voss

What others are there in this series of films or similar ones.I have Fearless on HD-DVD and i am going to order Banquet on either HD-DVD or Blu Ray if it's out on either of those.I also know about Hero although i have not seen it but what others are there.

vegas-voss
Hero is very good, Brashy.

Cheers i'll get that.Have you seen House Of Flying Daggers just noticed that on Lovefilm.

Cheers i'll get that.Have you seen House Of Flying Daggers just noticed that on Lovefilm.

Some of it, but not all.

I really like these Chinese myth/legend type of films. They are usually a really simple story but the way they are told and filmed make them really engaging.

vegas-voss
Some of it, but not all.

I really like these Chinese myth/legend type of films. They are usually a really simple story but the way they are told and filmed make them really engaging.

Yeah im starting to get into them.Im looking to get the Legend series with Jet Li but the mandarin version instead of the **** subtitle ones.Fearless is really good.

cosanostra

Flying Daggers is pretty good.

Hero is decent also.

Better than both of those is Azumi. It's an absolutely brilliant film.

The Warrior (same kind of style but Korean) Set in ancient china. It is a very good film. I suggest you buy that.

then obvious other are

House Of Flying Daggers

Curse of The Golden Flower

Mongol will be out soon at the cinema, that looks crackin.

Commander Harris
What others are there in this series of films or similar ones.I have Fearless on HD-DVD and i am going to order Banquet on either HD-DVD or Blu Ray if it's out on either of those.I also know about Hero although i have not seen it but what others are there.

These films belong to the "Wuxia" genre - do a search for that and I'm sure you'll get suggestions for more titles. Most of my favourites have already been mention, House of Flying Daggers is probably my favourite.

just watched the new Jacki Chan/Jet Li movie The Forbidden Kingdom pretty good also. if you want a copy let me know ;)

the voice from above

Curse of The Golden Flower was some of the most boring pish I've ever had the displeasure to sit through.

Azumi on the other hand is far more entetaining... I was in love with the lead actress for quite some time afterwards.

Ivan Drago

I have to say i thought Hero was absolute gash. I haven't actually seen CTHD but what i have seen hasn't impressed me at all.

Watch Ong Bak instead :)

Archived