Pool - Where to play?

juangoal

I've been a regular at Marcos for years however last i heard its now closed down. Anyone got any suggestions where 8-12 fine gentlemen can shoot some pool, get a drink & listen to some tunes?

p.s. already tried Angles in Morningside but i reckon there must be better out there?

Dix Handley

Sensible answer: Dianes Pool Hall

Takeing it too far: The Climbers Bar,Kings House Hotel near Glencoe..

IMG_0625_tmb.jpg

Pretty thin on the ground these days mate. Diane's is okay, but they've just got six-foot tables, which is fine if you like playing games that last about two minutes! Other than that, there's two up near me on Slateford Road. Been a member of the Shandon in the past, and it's pretty good. Can't comment on the Locarno next door (still can't quite understand that), as I've never been!

Apart from them, you've only really got the Angle or it's hobo cousin, the New Yorker down Meadowbank...

RockyBalboa

New yorker Medowbank, even small tables there now. Brilliant conditions and well better than Markos. World of snooker at corn exchange too. Owned by the same folk as owed Marcos.

iamcraigbeattie

Yeah the new yorkers pretty good at Medowbank. Marcos have sold off the land for flats.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll try out the New Yorker.

I assume non members are welcome? or you can just pay for a day membership?

Say What Again

Yes

RockyBalboa
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll try out the New Yorker.

?1 per person. :cool:

big jambo g

Used to play at the New Yorker when it was JP's. Hobo colleague says it is still the best club in Edinburgh.

Sooperstar
Why did Marco's shut down?

It's being developed into flats, possibly with some sort of leisure thing at the bottom.

There a quite a few pool tables at the megabowl at fountainpark but the New Yorker is the best.

chester copperpot
It's being developed into flats, possibly with some sort of leisure thing at the bottom.

No no no, thats Tynecastle. :laugh:

Seriously though, been a frequenter of both Dianne's and JP's/Meadowbank/Angle Club/New Yorker and have to say, for pool, Dianne's is the best, if you're into 8 ball pool. 9, or American pool, then best off to the New yorker. As me and my mates like to play 8 ball, then I'd say Diane's.

Cheaper beer too, by far. :)

Sadly, there is now nowhere left in Edinburgh where you can play pool. I blame the council, grr. :mad:

Archived