Well done the Ticket Centre staff!

bighusref

Something that I think has been missed in the light of the announcement that 10,000 tickets were sold. These guys have always been excellent with our group and couldn't be more helpful. Yesterday they likely worked with minimal/no breaks and dealt with numerous "ah want ma seat!" And "how much?!" Cries from dafties.

10,000 of us got tickets yesterday, that's a damn fine innings in my book. I hope the manager of said staff has left a nice bottle of wine on their desk today.

Fxxx the SPFL

Always been very helpful and polite especially with some of the crap they have to put up with from some punters.

They do say that paying a living wage makes happier, motivated and more productive staff.

An excellent point :thumbsup:

Winston Ingram

Always been very helpful and polite especially with some of the crap they have to put up with from some punters.

100% agree. Have heard and seen some utter garbage thrown their way. 

JP is a gentleman . Hearts shop would not be the same without him . He has time for everyone

As this is currently a franchise, how will the proposed changes when the club takes over the shop for themselves effect him? Hope there is scope to keep them all employed, always been extremely when I have been in there. 

Something that I think has been missed in the light of the announcement that 10,000 tickets were sold. These guys have always been excellent with our group and couldn't be more helpful. Yesterday they likely worked with minimal/no breaks and dealt with numerous "ah want ma seat!" And "how much?!" Cries from dafties.

10,000 of us got tickets yesterday, that's a damn fine innings in my book. I hope the manager of said staff has left a nice bottle of wine on their desk today.

Fair enough they work hard but so do lots of people and they never get much thanks for it other than picking up their pay packets.

How many people purchased their tickets online which does not involve the ticket office staff and the phone sales are done by a third party are they not?

Referring to other fellow fans as "dafties" is uncalled for really.

As this is currently a franchise, how will the proposed changes when the club takes over the shop for themselves effect him? Hope there is scope to keep them all employed, always been extremely when I have been in there. 

A large amount of the staff, including JP, were there before Hearts outsourced the shop and were kept on then, I imagine the same will happen here. 

Yeah

still working away, friendly and sorting out any problems at 5.20 pm yesterday when I was in

top team

So it's your fault then why they still have'nt answered my email  from yesterday morning.

TUPE is underpinned by law nowadays. Pats on the back all round for yesterday to all involved

Fair enough they work hard but so do lots of people and they never get much thanks for it other than picking up their pay packets.

How many people purchased their tickets online which does not involve the ticket office staff and the phone sales are done by a third party are they not?

:rofl:

Only dafties would find anything bad about my OP! :thumbsup:

So it's your fault then why they still have'nt answered my email from yesterday morning.

yes though they haven't answered my query from 1.30pm that stopped me booking online so hopefully you're in front of me for that!

Governor Tarkin

On your first point - so because some people don't recieve any thanks for putting in a solid shift then nobody should? :lol: You're either at it or a shade on the bitter side.

On your second point - the Hearts support is drawn from the breadth of society, a percenage of which is statistically bound to fall into the 'dafty' category. Take Kickback as an example of this.

Anyway, well done all involved. Well deserved praise.

Not always...

I was there at 9.30, knew there was no chance being served before I started work, came back and was served around 5.30 having queued for 1 1/2 hrs. There were 5 serving positions but only 3 being used, when I was there. Was that the position all day ? as people during the day, were queuing for 4 hours to get served.

The ticket issue was badly thought out and managed, but as said, staff did what they could admirably, even after the day they had had, the humour was still good when I was served

As a convenor of a supporters bus I have nothing but praise for the ticket office staff, very few problems in all the years of dealing with them and any have been sorted quickly with no fuss.

I know that they are only "doing their job" but in a world where complaining is more the norm, a little bit of praise and thanks goes a long way.

JP is a gentleman . Hearts shop would not be the same without him . He has time for everyone

Hear Hear !

I think moaning to people who have absolutely no influence on ticket pricing or allocation, does strictly mean you're a daftie. It is a well known fact that most Hearts fans are dafties - it's the 90% rule. The shite have a 100% rule.

Seymour M Hersh

Can I ask why anyone that is net-savvy would choose to queue up yesterday?

Well if they had the same problem as me, the online service not accepting my wife's ST reference number then that's possibly why. 

Can only echo what others have said re ticket office staff.

And JP is a gentleman, might even buy him a pint next time I see him!

Bridge of Djoum

Referring to other fellow fans as "dafties" is uncalled for really

Really??

Utterly shite post.

They do a great job, and I am happy for folk to thank them, and if I bought from them myself, I would join in the thanks.

Yes others do good jobs when at work, but just because their bosses or customers don't thank them, it doesn't mean we shouldn't.

If you are feeling undervalued at work, I suggest you speak to your boss, or get a new job.

They do a great job, and I am happy for folk to thank them, and if I bought from them myself, I would join in the thanks.

Yes others do good jobs when at work, but just because their bosses or customers don't thank them, it doesn't mean we shouldn't.

If you are feeling undervalued at work, I suggest you speak to your boss, or get a new job.

To clarify, my ticket was bought online. However I e had enough dealings with them to know they are good people and I just thought the announcement of numbers was enough to give thanks for some of the less discussed Heart of Midlothian employees. :thumbsup:

To clarify, my ticket was bought online. However I e had enough dealings with them to know they are good people and I just thought the announcement of numbers was enough to give thanks for some of the less discussed Heart of Midlothian employees. :thumbsup:

I agree. I have always found them very helpful and responsive. Friendly too.

Ticket office staff have been fantastic for years and years now. Always helpful, friendly, and courteous. Really not surprised they have dealt with this huge demand so efficiently.

I was there at 9.30, knew there was no chance being served before I started work, came back and was served around 5.30 having queued for 1 1/2 hrs. There were 5 serving positions but only 3 being used, when I was there. Was that the position all day ? as people during the day, were queuing for 4 hours to get served.

The ticket issue was badly thought out and managed, but as said, staff did what they could admirably, even after the day they had had, the humour was still good when I was served

Two points I would like to pick up on.

You were served at 5.30 It is possible that those staff were unable to stay beyond their normal finishing time.

Hearts actually advised people to use alternative methods of buying their tickets . Instead many fans who didn't need to turned up at the Ticket Office.

While I appreciate some people have no internet access and do not have bank cards the vast majority could have saved themselves a lot of time and trouble.

Hearts did all they could to make the process as smooth as possible. Its not the clubs fault that so many fans just love a queue.

Dagger Is Back

I'm in regularly asking for paper tickets and generally causing mayhem. To a person the TO staff are brilliant. Nothings too much trouble either. They've sorted out many a ticketing headache for me.

Two points I would like to pick up on.

You were served at 5.30 It is possible that those staff were unable to stay beyond their normal finishing time.

Hearts actually advised people to use alternative methods of buying their tickets . Instead many fans who didn't need to turned up at the Ticket Office.

While I appreciate some people have no internet access and do not have bank cards the vast majority could have saved themselves a lot of time and trouble.

Hearts did all they could to make the process as smooth as possible. Its not the clubs fault that so many fans just love a queue.

stop charging ?1.50 per ticket (up to ?6) and you start to have a point

I am my Boss, I have my own business. It's ok though I've had a quiet word with myself in my weekly one to one and I feel much more valued now.

i wish jj was my dad

Good work again by those employed at the club.

Thanks are well deserved 

I am my Boss, I have my own business. It's ok though I've had a quiet word with myself in my weekly one to one and I feel much more valued now.

Glad to hear your pep talk has given you a wee boost.

Agree 100%..........especially having to put up with all the moaning b@st@rds on here!

fabienleclerq

Here, here. Even if people bought online I'm sure they will have a lot of admin/sending of tickets to get done

Archived