Youth Players 08/09

Rawrrrrrrr

Rawrrrrrrr

There are a lot of young players at the club returning from loan or now too old for the u19's, I was wondering if anyone knew what was happening with them and what ones may feature at hearts next year for the reserves or first team, and what ones are being punted?

Bjornsson

Kelly

Templeton

Kostadinov

Mearns

McGowan

Mackle

Lithgow

Park

Armstrong

Armstrong

Pelosi

McLaughlin

Taylor

Thomson

Sives

Divine

Doherty

Mearns has left. Devine won't feature in the first team.

Don't know enough about the rest of them.

Rawrrrrrrr
You missed out McKenzie....:cool:

McKenzie?

I know we have one on the books but is he not still 16/7??

Rawrrrrrrr

Has Mearns actually left?

Im sure I saw a post which suggested the rumour was premature and he may be offered a new deal

Pete Seeger

From what I've watched Devine has been one of the better players for the 19s and reserves.

From what I've watched Devine has been one of the better players for the 19s and reserves.

He suffered quite a bad injury playing for the reserves (I know him through a friend), so I think he might be out for a while.

He broke into the team at the Knew Camp in the CIS (i think) last year, then got badly injured.

TBH, i've never quite thought he'd had what it takes to be an SPL player.

Rawrrrrrrr
He broke into the team at the Knew Camp in the CIS (i think) last year, then got badly injured.

TBH, i've never quite thought he'd had what it takes to be an SPL player.

As far as I am aware divine hasnt even made the bench for the first team

Are you maybe thinking of brown - same position?

As for divine, hes a fairly consistent performer but nothing special, a bit like thomson, for me he has done nothing wrong but I cannot see him carving out a career in the SPL , maybe FT football if he is lucky

Worthing Jambo

It always bothers me about the Hearts youths.

All the great "finds" I saw broke into the first team before they were 18 - 19.

I think if they are good enough they are old enough.

If they have not made it by 19/20 are they any good at all?

This seems to apply to a lot of our "promising" youngsters.

Funny how Man U take the best at 16/17!?

Is our youth policy that great or is it more spin?

Nah, he was on the bench at PH at either the 5-0 or CIS game.

As for divine, hes a fairly consistent performer but nothing special, a bit like thomson, for me he has done nothing wrong but I cannot see him carving out a career in the SPL , maybe FT football if he is lucky

No, i'm not thinking of Brown.

Definately Devine.

Do your research. :mw_rolleyes:

Rawrrrrrrr
No, i'm not thinking of Brown.

Definately Devine.

Do your research. :mw_rolleyes:

My bad

I obviously need to spend more time reviewing the 40 odd players in a hearts squad this season;)

Charlie-Brown
There are a lot of young players at the club returning from loan or now too old for the u19's, I was wondering if anyone knew what was happening with them and what ones may feature at hearts next year for the reserves or first team, and what ones are being punted?

Bjornsson

was rumoured to be on loan in iceland, should be either reserve team gk or loaned to an sfl team (queen of the south?)

Kelly

was in a cast last i heard, should graduate to reserves

Templeton

should graduate to reserves & first team fringes

Kostadinov

needs to further develop & start upping his game to make an impression

Mearns

not certain if he's staying or going? under pressure from younger players

McGowan

first team squad player and reserves

Mackle

needs to step up or else move on - under pressure from youths

Lithgow

was badly injured?

Park

work permit problem? reserves - see mackle

Armstrong

david or john? see mackle

Armstrong

as above

Pelosi

as above - I'd give him a chance pre-season to dislodge wallace or jose

McLaughlin

see Mackle

Taylor

see Mackle

Thomson

Jason or Danny or Craig? If Jason then first team squad - other 2 younger ones U19's

Sives

hopefully back after terrible injury period - Hearts John Kennedy - hopefully given every chance

Divine

see Mackle

Doherty

see Mackle

Think you forgot McCusker although I was impressed by him and think he's still eligible for U19 and reserves.

Rawrrrrrrr
Think you forgot McCusker although I was impressed by him and think he's still eligible for U19 and reserves.

McCusker has left and signed for Clyde

Re Lithgow he recovered from injury and went on loan to stirling where he was absolutly terrible in his few games

One of the worst defenders they have seen according to a ST holder I know:confused:

Charlie-Brown
McCusker has left and signed for Clyde

Re Lithgow he recovered from injury and went on loan to stirling where he was absolutly terrible in his few games

One of the worst defenders they have seen according to a ST holder I know:confused:

McCusker had a short loan period at Clyde at the end of last season, was that transfer made permanent? any links?

I thought Lithgow got injured whilst at Stirling?

Rawrrrrrrr
McCusker had a short loan period at Clyde at the end of last season, was that transfer made permanent? any links?

I thought Lithgow got injured whilst at Stirling?

Its on there website that he has signed after leaving hearts for a 2 year deal.

As for lithgow, Im pretty sure he had a bad injury which kept him out til march (ish) then went on loan to stirling, I was told he played 3 or 4 times and was dreadful at which point he was punted back to hearts, wasnt told about any injury but doesnt mean it never happened

Charlie-Brown
Its on there website that he has signed after leaving hearts for a 2 year deal.

As for lithgow, Im pretty sure he had a bad injury which kept him out til march (ish) then went on loan to stirling, I was told he played 3 or 4 times and was dreadful at which point he was punted back to hearts, wasnt told about any injury but doesnt mean it never happened

Cheers about McCusker info I wasn't aware of that.

I'm certain I read an SFL match report on a Stirling game that said Lithgow was carried off with a bad injury? can't remember when that was though.

Bjornsson

If Ryan makes the full time step up to first team, possible under-19s captain if still young enough

Kelly

Injured in Germany training with first team. Played 5 games all year, has a year left and hoping to stay injury free and show the potential of two years ago.

Templeton

Showed good potential on loan, looked good at under-19 and reserve level. Definitely made an improvement on the previous year.

Kostadinov

He need to do more and the coaches need to give him more games up front. Shouldn't be given up on yet. Has a really nice balance of pace and natural finishing.

Mearns

His leaving seems to still be a JKB rumour more than anything else. Still, doesn't mean it isn't true.

McGowan

Hearts great in the making. Seriously.

Mackle

Wasn't convinced when he played in the same u-19s team as McGowan, Jonsson and Glen. I have seen nothing to change my mind.

Lithgow

Wanted to go on loan. Heard he got injured.

Park

Got injured. Great ability but doesn't fit the Scottish game IMO.

Armstrong

Armstrong

Pelosi

McLaughlin

Loan, never seen at a younger level. 5-year crew I think.

Taylor

If Lithgow doesn't have a chance there was no reason for signing him again. Comfortable at under-19s but never looked like making it to the next level.

Thomson

Jason? Danny? Craig?

Sives

Went to Dundee on loan and came back after a week because of another serious injury. Great potential that has been severely hampered through injury.

Divine

Never rated at high school and youth football but doing what Ally Divine does, i.e. putting in solid performance after solid performance. Every reason why he couldn't make it at first team level but to be fair it seemed like he'd never make it this far and has successfully managed to burst through those previous barriers. Because of that desire and work rate, he really might to it to first team level.

Doherty

5 year crew.

ScottishSandstorm

When does the 5 year crew's contracts run out?

When does the 5 year crew's contracts run out?

For most of them about 4/4 and a half years I think, mate; all been signed quite recently IIRC.

Rawrrrrrrr
For most of them about 4/4 and a half years I think, mate; all been signed quite recently IIRC.

Its 3 more seasons now

Sives, Pelosi, Mclaughlin and I think D Armstrong are on them

Rick Grimes

last i'd heard, of those out on loan last season only a couple are wanted back. the rest would released straight away if they weren't on long contracts.

allandssmith

Would like to see Sives given chance, particularly if Berra gets his move to Wolves. When I've seen him play he's been excellent and if anything passes out of defence better than Berra himself.

Would also like to see Kostadinov given a run out in his natural position. He's probably the quickest striker in our entire squad and we've been lacking pace up front for ages.

Anyone know for sure what happened to Copil?

Rawrrrrrrr
Would like to see Sives given chance, particularly if Berra gets his move to Wolves. When I've seen him play he's been excellent and if anything passes out of defence better than Berra himself.

Would also like to see Kostadinov given a run out in his natural position. He's probably the quickest striker in our entire squad and we've been lacking pace up front for ages.

Do you know what your talking about?

Sives has been injured for 18 months and seems incapable of getting match fit

Branny has been overtaken by half a dozen players

I suggest you stop basing your comments on footy manager and branny's brother

Do you know what your talking about?

Sives has been injured for 18 months and seems incapable of getting match fit

Branny has been overtaken by half a dozen players

I suggest you stop basing your comments on footy manager and branny's brother

:welcome:

Winston Ingram

Raith already told Pelosi to get out his deal with Hearts and they would sign him on a decent wage but, unsurprisingly, the sums didn't work out. I'd imagine they will try this again this summer. Good move for us, he's not good enough.

I thought Sives had been freed and was at Dundee as a free agent??!

McLaughlin is a decent player but a bit daft by all accounts.. had that bizarre stint in Spain with Gymnastica (was this connected to Ruben deal??).. Scores goals, but running out of time.

Park (should have progressed by now), Mackle, Hamilton, Divine, Doherty and Thomson (who thought he was leaving a year ago anyway) would be no great loss.

Young Kelly looked a good player pre-injury. I get Johnny Taylor and Johnny Brown mixed up.. one is a brave full-back, can play either side, and is worth watching.

jamboinglasgow
Young Kelly looked a good player pre-injury. I get Johnny Taylor and Johnny Brown mixed up.. one is a brave full-back, can play either side, and is worth watching.

Its Johnny Brown, he should be a good fullback.

sandy hearts

Kenzi is probably quicker than mos players in the squad and he plays upfront?

Archived