Stephen Muddie

Stephen Muddie

:rofl:

Seeing as Scotland is a joke, I thought I should discuss the important stuff. Who would like to discuss Irish politics with me?

Stephen Muddie

This wont end well.

That's because free speech isn't encouraged if it isn't fascionable.

The only people who really want to discuss Ulster politics are usually supporters of either side of the bigot brothers. For the rest of us it's of no relevance what so ever.

Stephen Muddie

It's how I feel about it too. But not, alas, how those who are superior feel about it.

As an underling, I would just really like to know why it is a more important place than where I was born, grew up and will die (most likely).

Stephen Muddie

People do know that 'Ulster' and 'Northern Ireland' are not the same thing, yeah?

Yeah but certain folk go on about ulster so I just wondered about the relevance if that's ok. You're not really helping me find relevance. Is there any bud?

Yeah but certain folk go on about ulster so I just wondered about the relevance if that's ok. You're not really helping me find relevance. Is there any bud?

You'd be best to do some research yourself first. Perhaps a simple Wikipedia search.

But then you already know that, don't you.......

Stephen Muddie

How do  you put posters on ignore?

You make a conscious effort to ignore their threads and posts. Most of all you refrain from replying to them.

Looks like you failed at ignore.

Irish politics is a cancer of Scottish society. Kickback tells me Scotland is a country. I disagree. It's a region of the UK in my mind, albeit with a federal administration. Kickback posters by and large laugh at most Scottish things tending to take the UK view of Scotland (from the outside looking in (at themselves sometimes))

I'm not saying Hearts have a massive problem, that's why this is in The Shed, for all non-Hearts and non-football chat.

I'm interested to know if there is any genuine reason for hordes of so-called Scots to be beating each other up over Irish politics whilst laughing at themselves.

Stephen Muddie

You'd be best to do some research yourself first. Perhaps a simple Wikipedia search.

But then you already know that, don't you.......

What do I already know Shrekeo? Is this a geography lesson? Ulster is a county of Ireland, one of 32. Are you impressed?

Can you tell me why Scottish people by and large pay more attention to muddy history than clear presence?

Stephen Muddie

Most of all, I hope that any teenage laddie reading this will refrain from being an utter moron. I doubt the older morons will ever change.

Geoff Kilpatrick

What do I already know Shrekeo? Is this a geography lesson? Ulster is a county of Ireland, one of 32. Are you impressed?

Can you tell me why Scottish people by and large pay more attention to muddy history than clear presence?

Here's the first failure point.

I really don't see what the point is in this thread other than trying to encourage an outpouring of sectarian drivel by the hard of thinking. I can see absolutely no other reason for it being posted.

Oh my goodness.

You make a conscious effort to ignore their threads and posts. Most of all you refrain from replying to them.

Looks like you failed at ignore.

Irish politics is a cancer of Scottish society. Kickback tells me Scotland is a country. I disagree. It's a region of the UK in my mind, albeit with a federal administration. Kickback posters by and large laugh at most Scottish things tending to take the UK view of Scotland (from the outside looking in (at themselves sometimes))

I'm not saying Hearts have a massive problem, that's why this is in The Shed, for all non-Hearts and non-football chat.

I'm interested to know if there is any genuine reason for hordes of so-called Scots to be beating each other up over Irish politics whilst laughing at themselves.

I am pretty certain 99% of posters on here couldn't care in the slightest about Ulster. You might have an interesting topic but I'm not sure this is the right forum for it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I really don't see what the point is in this thread other than trying to encourage an outpouring of sectarian drivel by the hard of thinking. I can see absolutely no other reason for it being posted.

I think it is a bizarre form of attention seeking.

Stephen Muddie

I think it is a bizarre form of attention seeking.

You're fairly incorrect mate. I'm sick of this shit in Scotland. It is not tolerated in England. I think the best we can hope for is some education on the matter. I am ignorant to its relevance. Am I right to be?

Stephen Muddie

Here's the first failure point.

Correct me then bud. It's bizarre the way grown men behave on here.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Correct me then bud. It's bizarre the way grown men behave on here.

Ulster is a province, made up of the 6 counties of Northern Ireland plus Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan.

A county. :wiggo:

If you want a little bit of education to start with Ulster is not one of the 32 counties of the island of Ireland - it is one of the four Provinces. Ulster includes the 6 counties of Northern Ireland and 3 counties ((Cavan, Donegal and Monaghan) of the Republic of Ireland.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I, for one, welcome our Ulster overlords.

As you should. The kings of Scotland, and in turn, Britain, can be traced back to the Kingdom of Dalriada.

Stephen Muddie

If you want a little bit of education to start with Ulster is not one of the 32 counties of the island of Ireland - it is one of the four Provinces. Ulster includes the 6 counties of Northern Ireland and 3 counties ((Cavan, Donegal and Monaghan) of the Republic of Ireland.

Thank you for correcting me rather than mocking me like a child would. So what is the relevance of this Province made up of the 6 counties plus 3, to Scottish life? Why do people sing about it in the streets and fight about it. Why do people get so bitchy about the subject on online message boards?

Stephen Muddie

Did someone not say Sergey had a new kickback account?

Did someone say irrelevant off-topic comment? Can you help me understand what the feck everyone is smoking here in Scotchland (not kickback - I think I've put my points across in a stupid way and made myself look ignorant, hell I AM ignorant)

I just want to understand

As you should. The kings of Scotland, and in turn, Britain, can be traced back to the Kingdom of Dalriada.

I know my place

:notworthy:

Thank you for correcting me rather than mocking me like a child would. So what is the relevance of this Province made up of the 6 counties plus 3, to Scottish life? Why do people sing about it in the streets and fight about it. Why do people get so bitchy about the subject on online message boards?

I'm sorry but I think you have an agenda rather than an innocent thirst for knowledge and so I'm out.

(And before the lock, I daresay)

Stephen Muddie

I'm sorry but I think you have an agenda rather than an innocent thirst for knowledge and so I'm out.

(And before the lock, I daresay)

You are entitled to your opinion. I really only quickly googled ulster and it looked like it was saying it was one county of 6 in NI and there were 26 in ROI. It was silly but I don't care that much to find out. I'm more interested in the relevance to Scottish life or society, if there is any. It's Ulster all the drunks are singing about

Must admit that it's a subject that I'm fairly ignorant about, part of me wants to keep it that way as I reckon any grown up conversation is unlikely.

Stephen Muddie

Must admit that it's a subject that I'm fairly ignorant about, part of me wants to keep it that way as I reckon any grown up conversation is unlikely.

I'm encouraged so far here.

Ulster is a province, made up of the 6 counties of Northern Ireland plus Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan.

A county. :wiggo:

Hey didn't notice this as it was same time as FWJ's post. Thanks, Geoff. I can honestly say that's the first time you've helped me since I joined kickback. Cheers.

williejamiesonlesftfoot

You are entitled to your opinion. I really only quickly googled ulster and it looked like it was saying it was one county of 6 in NI and there were 26 in ROI. It was silly but I don't care that much to find out. I'm more interested in the relevance to Scottish life or society, if there is any. It's Ulster all the drunks are singing about

Stephen. Can i ask you, what do you think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?

Fitzroy Pointon

Stephen. Can i ask you, what do you think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?

I'm all for it, mother's with pushchairs need access to Diiiiicksoooonnnns 

Feckin' immigrants...    :mad:    ;)

Feckin' immigrants...    :mad:    ;)

Just to be clear:

The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

http://hotgiraffe.narod.ru/books/1066.html

Just to be clear:

The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

i always like to debate the point that Scotland is/isn't a Celtic country.......The West has always had a more Irish/Celtic influence. But in the East it's different.

My timelines may be sketchy(been a while since I kept my history knowledge fresh) but in the East there was more of a Norman/Norse influence and of course , Normans originating off the Scandinavians too.

Just to be clear:

A seminal work, to be sure, to be sure, but the latest historical research has shown the following:

It was, in fact, King Robbie The Pict who first invited the Dalriadic Scots to settle in western Scotland (as it was to become), in a humanitarian gesture due to "the weather being so shite in Ireland" (as it was to become). Unfortunately, however, they brought the bad weather with them, but that's another story. The high king of the Scots, Vh?l Dhoonich?n, responded to this offer thus: "Begorrah and Bejabers, dat's mighty kind o' yez, so it is, but if ye hadn't let us in we'd have come anyway an' kicked seven shades o' shite out o' yez." Furthermore, he stated: "We come in a manner o' peaceful an' neighbourly hostility and we promise not to touch any o' yer wummin, mainly 'cos they're so feckin' ugly. We're gointa have a bit o' fun wid yer sheep though! Yez just carry on wid yer art lessons on dem big lumps o' stone an' leave da runnin' o' da country to us fellas, der's a good lad...". 

The rest, as they say, is history.

Incidentally, The Scotch died eventually died out altogether from a combination of type-2 diabetes, obesity, various cancers, heart-attacks, and cirrhosis of the liver due to their refusal to consume anything other than beef, lamb, tomatoes, pancakes, and whisky. A salutary lesson to us all.

i always like to debate the point that Scotland is/isn't a Celtic country.......The West has always had a more Irish/Celtic influence. But in the East it's different.

My timelines may be sketchy(been a while since I kept my history knowledge fresh) but in the East there was more of a Norman/Norse influence and of course , Normans originating off the Scandinavians too.

Prior to the Roman conquest, Britain (excluding Ireland) could reasonably be described as a "Celtic" country as its inhabitants - even, it is presumed, The Picts - spoke various Brithonic languages and dialects, all of which are considered to have their origins in Proto-Celtic, a branch of the Indo-European linguistic tree. However, since the end of the last ice-age the west coast of Britain has always had more flow of people and cultural influences from SW Europe - notably the Iberian peninsula - than the east coast, whose influences were more from NW Europe / the near continent*.

In the Lothians, a form of early Welsh was spoken up until the influx of the Anglians and Northumbrians: Penicuik is a lingusitic remnant of this, meaning "The Hill of the Cuckoos" in Welsh.

(*An example of how this continued into much more recent history is the exchange of goods, produce, and people due to the trading from the east coast of Scotland to the ports on the near continent and Baltic areas, under the auspices of the Hanseatic trading league.)

Prior to the Roman conquest, Britain (excluding Ireland) could reasonably be described as a "Celtic" country as its inhabitants - even, it is presumed, The Picts - spoke various Brithonic languages and dialects, all of which are considered to have their origins in Proto-Celtic, a branch of the Indo-European linguistic tree. However, since the end of the last ice-age the west coast of Britain has always had more flow of people and cultural influences from SW Europe - notably the Iberian peninsula - than the east coast, whose influences were more from NW Europe / the near continent*.

In the Lothians, a form of early Welsh was spoken up until the influx of the Anglians and Northumbrians: Penicuik is a lingusitic remnant of this, meaning "The Hill of the Cuckoos" in Welsh.

(*An example of how this continued into much more recent history is the exchange of goods, produce, and people due to the trading from the east coast of Scotland to the ports on the near continent and Baltic areas, under the auspices of the Hanseatic trading league.)

indeed. Britain's biggest Celtic hillfort is funnily enough in England.

As you point out though, many cultures and different origins have crossed the divide and while at one time Britain may have been largely Celtic, there's been much dilution and dominance of other cultures. Scotand as much as England.

I am pretty certain 99% of posters on here couldn't care in the slightest about Ulster. You might have an interesting topic but I'm not sure this is the right forum for it.

You do know Ulster Hearts exist and have been around for many years? Your comments could be construed as being against forum rules, just saying.

You do know Ulster Hearts exist and have been around for many years? Your comments could be construed as being against forum rules, just saying.

I'm not sure how my comment could be against forum rules.

:spoton:

I'm not sure how my comment could be against forum rules.

Just that anybody from Ulster Hearts may be offended then again they might not be so your comments are ok.

Archived