AOL Thieves

vegas-voss

vegas-voss

My wife used telephone banking the other day to see if a direct debit had came off only to find out that AOL had taken money out of our account 6 months after we had cancelled and switched to another provider.She phoned up AOL an hour ago only to find out they had been taken out ?28.99 for the past 6 months and they said they were very sorry and we will get the lot back within 20 days.You do everything they say to do when changing provider but they then still manage to charge you.

Rawrrrrrrr
My wife used telephone banking the other day to see if a direct debit had came off only to find out that AOL had taken money out of our account 6 months after we had cancelled and switched to another provider.She phoned up AOL an hour ago only to find out they had been taken out ?28.99 for the past 6 months and they said they were very sorry and we will get the lot back within 20 days.You do everything they say to do when changing provider but they then still manage to charge you.

Accidents happen and people often make mistakes when cancelling and blame the company

As for it happening for 6 months, you really should have noticed earlier, as far as AOL were concerned all was ok so why wouldnt they take money?

As for thieves, thats actually a libelous comment

vegas-voss
Accidents happen and people often make mistakes when cancelling and blame the company

As for it happening for 6 months, you really should have noticed earlier, as far as AOL were concerned all was ok so why wouldnt they take money?

I done everything they asked

Rawrrrrrrr
I done everything they asked

and mistakes happen, had you noticed at month 1 they would have sorted it at month 1

I love how some people seem to think mistakes should never happen, its a relativly minor one and as long as they sort it now you have told them it happened then I fail to see your problem

Your title is totally OTT, it will be a simple error at most - if not yours in the cancellation as everyone thinks they done it right whether they do or not - and it has only went on so long because you dont check your bank statements which in itself is very silly in this day and age

Sexton Hardcastle

Aol are a nitemare. I cant be arsed changing is the only reason im still with them.

Who took the jam out of your doughnut prancer?

Aol are a nitemare. I cant be arsed changing is the only reason im still with them.

Thats the same as me. Disconnects all the bloody time. Not there fault always mine :mad:

Sexton Hardcastle

i found getting wireless sorted getting cut off all the time. Maybe try that? but were i live ( the back and beyond) its a shocking connection and BT wont upgrade it. ALso cant be arsed speaking to india to get them to fix my internet.

vegas-voss
Thats the same as me. Disconnects all the bloody time. Not there fault always mine :mad:

Did they not tell you there was an outage in the area.Told me that when i was with them and it lasted 3 weeks.

chester copperpot

AOL are a terrible company. My broadband was a piece of pish, always disconnecting me and when I eventually called them for some technical assistance, was put through to a different department 7 times.

Denny Crane

I have to laugh at this chap lecturing folk to stay within the law considering that on the below thread, the comments in the last paragraph of his first post do appear to be inciting the murder of refugees.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16491

Before he gets busy with that "edit" button he posted: "I would also have a kill of refugees, and asylum seekers".

Prancer, I don't think you are in any position to give out legal advice.

---------------------------------

As for the OP's post on this thread. Whole-heartedly agree with you. They may claim a mistake but - and even though there may be an argument for you not checking your bank statements - they are still culpable assuming that you went through all the right channels to cancel your direct debit. That happened to me once with the council tax folk. It was refunded eventually but since then, once I cancel a direct debit with someone, I ask my bank to remove them from my DB list. You are entitled to do this with them and they won't ask any questions (as far as they're concerned, you're stopping money going out of your account).

Rawrrrrrrr
I have to laugh at this chap lecturing folk to stay within the law considering that on the below thread, the comments in the last paragraph of his first post do appear to be inciting the murder of refugees.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16491

Before he gets busy with that "edit" button he posted: "I would also have a kill of refugees, and asylum seekers".

Prancer, I don't think you are in any position to give out legal advice.

---------------------------------

As for the OP's post on this thread. Whole-heartedly agree with you. They may claim a mistake but - and even though there may be an argument for you not checking your bank statements - they are still culpable assuming that you went through all the right channels to cancel your direct debit. That happened to me once with the council tax folk. It was refunded eventually but since then, once I cancel a direct debit with someone, I ask my bank to remove them from my DB list. You are entitled to do this with them and they won't ask any questions (as far as they're concerned, you're stopping money going out of your account).

You really are a bit simple?

You have, and no doubt deliberatly tried to take the wording out of context, given the topic anyone with half a brain knows fine it isnt meant as you suggested - and no doubt you do too.

now toddle on and stop your boring trolling of my posts.

As for the thread, there was no theft therefore its liable, and cancelling a DD isnt always enough.

For example if the OP had cancelled the DD but aol didnt recognise the cancellation of his contract with them within the terms signed they would still have every right to take action for the monthly fee

Denny Crane

:rolleyes:

You really are a bit simple?

Surely the question should be: "Are you really that simple"? Surely a man of a base intellect such as yourself would have worked out how to express such a request?

You have, and no doubt deliberatly tried to take the wording out of context, given the topic anyone with half a brain knows fine it isnt meant as you suggested - and no doubt you do too.

No I took it at face value and made my feelings clear on your venomous diatribe on said thread. Even the administrator felt concerned to ask you for clarification of your statement. Something which you've clearly ignored, which as a consequence, allows us all to draw our own conclusions. What exactly did you mean by your post? It seemed clear enough but humour me. I'm curious to see how you can justify such a statement. Or will you duck being held to account yet again?

now toddle on and stop your boring trolling of my posts.

Speaks the man who seems to be stalking Shaun.Lawson these days. I see he's ticked you off for that in his cat/pidgeon thread. Besides, if you're going to make idiotic statements on a public forum, expect at least one person to pull you up.

AOL took money that they were not allowed to take. I'd say thieves is a fair word to use in this instance.

Mistakes do happen but what happened did happen, if somebody wants to call them thieves on an internet forum (for taking money that was not theirs) then so be it.

Rawrrrrrrr
AOL took money that they were not allowed to take. I'd say thieves is a fair word to use in this instance.

Mistakes do happen but what happened did happen, if somebody wants to call them thieves on an internet forum (for taking money that was not theirs) then so be it.

Actually I think you will find making such a statement without substantiation ( i.e proof they did deliberatly take money they were not entitled too) then the OP is opening himself upto civil action for libel - although I appreciate its very unlikely

Its also against the board rules

If it is theft as the OP claims maybe he should phone lothian and borders finest and get them on the case

At the worst some minimum wage worker pressed the wrong button/forgot to cancel it, had the OP noticed at day 1 when they should have it wouldnt have gone this far

vegas-voss
Actually I think you will find making such a statement without substantiation ( i.e proof they did deliberatly take money they were not entitled too) then the OP is opening himself upto civil action for libel - although I appreciate its very unlikely

If it is theft as the OP claims maybe he should phone lothian and borders finest and get them on the case

At the worst some minimum wage worker pressed the wrong button/forgot to cancel it, had the OP noticed at day 1 when they should have it wouldnt have gone this far

**** you really are a tit.It was a rant on an internet board nothing more.Is everything perfect in your little life.

Denny Crane
**** you really are a tit.It was a rant on an internet board nothing more.Is everything perfect in your little life.

Plus AOL have admitted their culpability by agreeing to refund you your money so they'd be on somewhat tenuous ground if they wished to do you for libel. But one would think a certain twisted JKBer would want you to be sued. Maybe he should lay off the schadenfreude?

MackaysCentreSpot

Thats a bit harsh on a tit mate. A tit is a lovely thing and actually has a purpose unlike Prancer who just gets on people tits.

hughesie27

Quite clearly, somebody with half a brain would realise that AOL aren't part-time crooks while they hook up the public's homes up to the internet.

The bit I've highlighted both makes a mockery of the office workers at AOL and suggests that 'min wage' is a label for some sub class.

Definitely unlikely given that libel isn't even Scots Law, Prancer.

They can get me too while they're at it though, I also think they're thieving tinks and did exactly the same thing to me for 4 months despite being told to stop. When I eventually cancelled the DD, I was sent demands for payment and threats of legal action....they're completely useless.

Their broadband is even worse than useless too.

Legend Claws

It is a known fact that many a company (AOL, Orange, T Mobile to name a few) continue to take money from people's accounts even after a contract etc has ended. It is a cash flow thing and it is shocking but little can be done about it as long as they apologise and give you it back.

Archived