Favourite Italian restaurant

Praha06

i like La Rusticana, very friendly service, nice atmosphere too.

:wacko:

Pete Seeger

There's a really good Italian takeaway in Stockbridge but I can't mind it's name.

chester copperpot

The one down from The Playhouse, name escapes me. Mibbe Mama Roma or something like that.

Was very very good. I only really eat Pizza from Italian restaurants, and there used to be a superb Italian called Richards Caprice in Portobello. His pizza's were just out of this world.

God knows where he is now though.

JamboFamily
There's a really good Italian takeaway in Stockbridge but I can't mind it's name.

san marco the one your thinking of

BoJack Horseman
The one down from The Playhouse, name escapes me. Mibbe Mama Roma or something like that.

Was very very good. I only really eat Pizza from Italian restaurants, and there used to be a superb Italian called Richards Caprice in Portobello. His pizza's were just out of this world.

God knows where he is now though.

Musselburgh I believe.

Pete Seeger
san marco the one your thinking of

That sounds about right :)

CostaJambo
the patio hanover street

Seconded. Although I could be biased as I used to work in there.

Went to Vittoria's on George IV Bridge on Thursday, it was pretty decent.

Bar Napoli aint bad when you've had about 10 beers.

Was in Bar Roma on friday, always good in there and Stefano salvatori was at the next table,gave me a kiss when i said hello!!!!

chester copperpot
Musselburgh I believe.

Is it the same guy though mate. I know there's a Caprice in Musselburgh but didn't think the guy Richard had anything to do with it. If you can confirm that, I will be booking a table soon.

Caprice in Musselburgh
- food is average, lunch is ok (if you can ignore the poor and sometimes rude service you get) for ?6 or so but wouldn't entertain paying the 'full' price for if going at night,

Patio gets my vote - especially if Jimmy is on hand to rattle through the specials

Ray Winstone

Francos is the take away next to San Marco which is eat in.

Both as good as each other.

Another vote for the Patio in the centre of town.

In Edinburgh I'd go for Centotre.

Anywhere I'd go for Babbo in New York, absolute quality.

The Patio was my favourite until I discovered the joys of La Favorita on Leith Walk. Great food and great service too.

Guiliano's has to get a mention too. The food isn't as good as LF but the service is brilliant - think you have to be certifiably loopy to work there though.

rossi_1983
Is it the same guy though mate. I know there's a Caprice in Musselburgh but didn't think the guy Richard had anything to do with it. If you can confirm that, I will be booking a table soon.

- food is average, lunch is ok (if you can ignore the poor and sometimes rude service you get) for ?6 or so but wouldn't entertain paying the 'full' price for if going at night,

Patio gets my vote - especially if Jimmy is on hand to rattle through the specials

Caprice in Musselburgh is owned by the Alonghi's

Used to think it was excellent, and pizzas were better than anything I had found in Edinburgh, but in the last couple of years, it has gone downhill

Also been to La Favorita once, and I thought my pizza was only average

La Partenope and The Patio are on my list of places to try soon though

The Wicker Man

Tinelli's on Easter Road used to do good food - more home cooked traditional than pizza - heard it was closing down soon.

Raffaelli and Cosmos used to be pretty decent, though they don't tend to play 'Happy Birthday' or serve up a banana with two strategically placed scoops of ice-cream for hen parties ;)

duckandcover
Another vote for the Patio.

Agree. Brilliant staff, especially the wee boy Jimmy. Great wee guy.

iamcraigbeattie

Fabios in Corstorphine's a good shout. Good food at good prices and they've got Belhaven Best on Tap. Heaven.

Say What Again
Tinelli's on Easter Road used to do good food - more home cooked traditional than pizza - heard it was closing down soon.

I hope not. I went there with the missus for her birthday last month - the food was outstanding.

La Lanterna on Hanover Street is my favourtite. The chicken parm is awesome! No pizza here unfortunately, would recommend Vittorias for that.

God this is making me hungry

Archived