***January 2016 Transfer Window Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

January's usually pretty boring, but for some reason I expect this one to be busy. For us, definitely.

Some transfers happening already, Liverpool are in talks with Grujic from Red Star and Matip from Schalke, and Man City apparently want Sane from Schalke.

tartofmidlothian

Expect Chelsea to spend big on a striker

I reckon Chelsea, United, City and Liverpool will make changes, think that's why it'll be so busy.

chester copperpot

Although Klopp has said he isn't going to invest and give the players a chance for the rest of the season, I can see him spending pretty big as the EPL is the most open for years and there's a great chance for a few teams to nab a CL spot (even win it) if they string together a few results together.

Tommiwastheboss

It will be interesting to see which players move especially those playing week in week out at current clubs, with the Euros coming up any player with a chance of going shouldn't even be considering jeopardising their current playing time unless they are assured of a first team place.

For that reason I don't see many big names on the move

tartofmidlothian

Although Klopp has said he isn't going to invest and give the players a chance for the rest of the season, I can see him spending pretty big as the EPL is the most open for years and there's a great chance for a few teams to nab a CL spot (even win it) if they string together a few results together.

He's a couple of good signings from being as good as anyone so far this season IMO. Rodgers left a decent if underachieving squad.

Should Leicester spend big and make a push? Will be interesting.

Spending big won't win them the title. Spending smart on players to cover the likes of Mahrez and Vardy might just get them there.

Leicester best chance of winning the title will be if they can avoid injuries and burn out to the first team they currently have.

My eyes are on Spurs. Quietly building a consistent challenge and are sitting 11/1 with the bookies. Showed good strength in depth over the Christmas period. I think it could be worth a punt.

My eyes are on Spurs. Quietly building a consistent challenge and are sitting 11/1 with the bookies. Showed good strength in depth over the Christmas period. I think it could be worth a punt.

I'd love Spurs to win it.

Still think they're a couple of defenders, a quality midfielder and another striker away from doing it.

They don't have quality cover at centre half or right back. And they're very reliant on Eriksen and Kane going forward.

"The winger moved to Brentford in 2011 and had a two year-stay before his switch to Doncaster Rovers but is now considered surplus to requirements at Keepmoat Stadium"

Meh. Costing them nothing, so the 'warchest' is still complete.

To all the 'hun sympathisers' on here this is where 'Ra Peepul' are, signing prospects from the lower leagues of engerland who may get them up before they go out the box again, there really were some roasters on here saying that Osman Sow would sign for Sevco. I look forward to the court cases coming up in early January, day by day..........Bought loads of popcorn in the sales half price, hopefully I bought enough.

Captain Canada

I think Sunderland and Villa will need to be very busy if they have any hope of staying up.

As for us, I expect bids for McGhee, Sow, Paterson and possibly King.

I think Anderson and Swanson will be away and hopefully a striker and fast, aggressive midfielder will be signing.

The Real Maroonblood

To all the 'hun sympathisers' on here this is where 'Ra Peepul' are, signing prospects from the lower leagues of engerland who may get them up before they go out the box again, there really were some roasters on here saying that Osman Sow would sign for Sevco. I look forward to the court cases coming up in early January, day by day..........Bought loads of popcorn in the sales half price, hopefully I bought enough.

Great stuff.

I'd love Spurs to win it.

Still think they're a couple of defenders, a quality midfielder and another striker away from doing it.

They don't have quality cover at centre half or right back. And they're very reliant on Eriksen and Kane going forward.

Kieran Trippier is a very adequate back up at Right Back. Agree with no cover at Centre half though. Think if Alli and Lamela continue their recent form and they sign a CB and a backup striker they have as good a chance as anyone. They certainly have the right manager in charge.  

Arsenal signing Mohamed Elneny from Basel, don't know anything about him really.

I also have it on good authority that Aymen Belaid is going to Rotherham.

kingantti1874

Arsenal signing Mohamed Elneny from Basel, don't know anything about him really.

I also have it on good authority that Aymen Belaid is going to Rotherham.

Good authority in that - he was photographed in their kit, which was posted on here and announced as signing for them in January last week. itK? :lol:

portobellojambo1

Should Leicester spend big and make a push? Will be interesting.

Are Leicester able to spend ? Are they not one of the clubs that are being watched in terms of Financial Fair Play rules from a season or two back meaning they may not be able to strengthen their squad.

Are Leicester able to spend ? Are they not one of the clubs that are being watched in terms of Financial Fair Play rules from a season or two back meaning they may not be able to strengthen their squad.

Not sure, is it not based on the years findings in terms of profit rather than seasons going by? To keep it fair.

Revenue transfer income and what they made?

Not sure, is it not based on the years findings in terms of profit rather than seasons going by? To keep it fair.

Revenue transfer income and what they made?

FFP does not apply to them...as they are in the premier league they are not subject to the football league restrictions and in UEFA terms they are not in Europe so it would not apply anyway.. and that is based on 3 years figures in any case.

FFP does not apply to them...as they are in the premier league they are not subject to the football league restrictions and in UEFA terms they are not in Europe so it would not apply anyway.. and that is based on 3 years figures in any case.

yep

i think it would only apply if they got relegated this or next season

Good authority in that - he was photographed in their kit, which was posted on here and announced as signing for them in January last week. itK? :lol:

YxhCJAR.gif

The Internet

Most ITKs are wrong so I'm claiming a win here, at least my info was good even if it was a few days late.

Can also confirm Stevie Naismith is signing for Norwich.

Most ITKs are wrong so I'm claiming a win here, at least my info was good even if it was a few days late.

Can also confirm Stevie Naismith is signing for Norwich.

I don't think people are getting it :lol:

Felipe Anderson to Man Utd for ?35m

Anyone watch serie A football? How good is this guy?

He's a player with a lot of potential.

Do Man United need another attacking midfielder? I'd say no.

Sullivan has already said West Am aint signing anyone so my interest in England is pretty low. Hope we can get another striker and midfielder in. I'm beginning to wonder why we signed Swanson if we aint gonna play him.

Captain Canada

Swanson was a punt that hasn't paid off. He was obviously released by Coventry for a reason. I wanted him to do well but I just don't see what he brings to the squad that we haven't already got.

I'd love to see Leicester make a few big signings and have a real crack at winning the title. They will never get a better chance than this. Even if it's just loans, I think they need a bit more quality in the squad to maintain their form through until May.

Felipe Anderson to Man Utd for ?35m

Anyone watch serie A football? How good is this guy?

Anderson to Man U, wow!!!

Hibs have signed Chris Dagnall..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He'll be a huge loss to the darts world judging by the photo on the bbc website - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35170416

8 clubs(including 1 in india) and he's only 29, looks quality, stubbsy must have been reading world soccer again, y'know.

kingantti1874

Juan iturbe signs for Bournemouth on loan with a permanent deal agreed.. What the actual **** is happening to the world :rofl: the cash in the EPL is an absolute joke.. Bournemouth have capacity of 11k

tartofmidlothian

Juan iturbe signs for Bournemouth on loan with a permanent deal agreed.. What the actual **** is happening to the world :rofl: the cash in the EPL is an absolute joke.. Bournemouth have capacity of 11k

Heard an interview with Palace's chairman on 5 Live the other night, it was pretty interesting. He said there have been changes to the EPL TV money split recently which mean that so-called wee teams don't need to sell to the big ones to survive. It's why the likes of Leicester, Watford and West Ham are doing so well, he said.

Hope it never catches on up here, of course. We need a strong OF, not competition and excitement. :facepalm:

The Internet

That is a hell of a signing for Bournemouth. I don't mind them splashing the cash a bit, they didn't spend massively in the summer but they were so unlucky that their two biggest signings, plus their top scorer, got season ending injuries. Obviously it's another chance for people to go 'look at the state of the EPL ffs' but meh.

kingantti1874

Heard an interview with Palace's chairman on 5 Live the other night, it was pretty interesting. He said there have been changes to the EPL TV money split recently which mean that so-called wee teams don't need to sell to the big ones to survive. It's why the likes of Leicester, Watford and West Ham are doing so well, he said.

Hope it never catches on up here, of course. We need a strong OF, not competition and excitement. :facepalm:

Aye ?100m per season from TV for the bottom placed team in the EPL.. I think the winners of the SPL get about ?2m

Liverpool are expected to announce their first signing under Jurgen Klopp on Monday.

Marko Grujic will become the first new arrival at Anfield under the German manager when he completes his ?5.1m move from Red Star Belgrade.

"On 4th January I will become a Liverpool player," confirmed the 19-year-old in a post on his Facebook account.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10118454/liverpool-set-to-announce-marko-grujic-as-jurgen-klopps-first-signing

tartofmidlothian

Liverpool are expected to announce their first signing under Jurgen Klopp on Monday.

Marko Grujic will become the first new arrival at Anfield under the German manager when he completes his ?5.1m move from Red Star Belgrade.

"On 4th January I will become a Liverpool player," confirmed the 19-year-old in a post on his Facebook account.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10118454/liverpool-set-to-announce-marko-grujic-as-jurgen-klopps-first-signing

Good news, but he needs to make a couple of significant signings if they're going to do anything this season IMO. Striker and probably a CB or a CM.

So his dad gave him his passport back then?

Archived