UK Christmas No. 1 2015

Ulysses

I have to admit I got a little something in my eye while listening to this.

Well done the NHS Choir - and fair play to Justin Bieber for calling on people to "do the right thing".

Brilliant.

Want to send this to nursing friends of ours in the US but don't know how.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Malinga the Swinga

Sentimental claptrap. Should never be number one and has no place in the charts. Will hopefully drop like a stone now they have made their money, and they can leave the proper musicians to get on with it.

Sentimental claptrap. Should never be number one and has no place in the charts. Will hopefully drop like a stone now they have made their money, and they can leave the proper musicians to get on with it.

Didn't get visited by 3 ghosts last night I take it? :P:lol:

:humbug:

Many NHS staff do a great job and many a life-saving or life-changing job. But why aren't teachers or police or the fire brigade fetishised like they are?

I cannot be bothered with "discount for NHS staff" nonsense.

Many NHS staff do a great job and many a life-saving or life-changing job. But why aren't teachers or police or the fire brigade fetishised like they are?

I cannot be bothered with "discount for NHS staff" nonsense.

To be fair mate, I'd rather folk supported the NHS, Fire service, Police, Teachers etc etc etc than brought down any of them, or each other. They are all worse off this year, and will be worse off next year, no point fighting against each other.

To be fair mate, I'd rather folk supported the NHS, Fire service, Police, Teachers etc etc etc than brought down any of them, or each other. They are all worse off this year, and will be worse off next year, no point fighting against each other.

Quite right. It's their being selected for special treatment that irritates me.

Jambof3tornado

Now they have made their money......for charities.

Any reason why they shouldn't be in the charts??

Now they have made their money......for charities.

Any reason why they shouldn't be in the charts??

Doesn't fit the Tory agenda.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

nice to see the 'X Factor' is even more irrelevant now that no-one picked up its first time since 2004 or something its single hasn't been the Christmas Number 1.

Surely something to celebrate a bit.

nice to see the 'X Factor' is even more irrelevant now that no-one picked up its first time since 2004 or something its single hasn't been the Christmas Number 1.

Surely something to celebrate a bit.

The X Factor winner hasn't been the Christmas Number 1 a few times in recent years.

Malinga the Swinga

Doesn't fit the Tory agenda.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

pretty much the exact opposite. Trying to play on the public to raise money when that should be covered by government. This is the sort of thing that shouldn't have to be required to be covered by public donation when proper allocation of budgets would allow the charts to represent the best in music.

If goverment see this working, then next year we will see reduction in central support for this type of public service, because, they will assume that public will chip in and goverment won't have to.

pretty much the exact opposite. Trying to play on the public to raise money when that should be covered by government. This is the sort of thing that shouldn't have to be required to be covered by public donation when proper allocation of budgets would allow the charts to represent the best in music.

If goverment see this working, then next year we will see reduction in central support for this type of public service, because, they will assume that public will chip in and goverment won't have to.

Choir is raising funds for charity not NHS services

that people can do things maybe a bit different is good

if you believe charity should be banned and state should control everything then fair enough

the 'music purity' thing is flawed however

might have been helped by the tv works choirs show but loads of musicians get help like all walks of life

maybe you just don't like them

Sawdust Caesar

It's possibly because people will have a lot more contact with the NHS, outwith their school years, than those other professions. I've spent more time in the company of NHS staff while they are doing their jobs than I have with the police or the fire brigade etc. and I would imagine that will be the same for most of the population, so maybe because the good work the NHS does has more of a direct impact on more peoples lives than the other professions that's why they are feted more. 

Do any men not sing like women these days ?

Good point.

Plus, you have to have a beard and say "girl" every 15 seconds.

In a high pitched and drawn out fashion.

Cool.

Samuel Camazzola

I thought the Christmas number 1was always the Sunday before Christmas? Is there 2 charts this week?

I'm sure there was a fairly recent change where charts are now determined on a Friday instead of Sunday.

I thought the Christmas number 1was always the Sunday before Christmas? Is there 2 charts this week?

The charts come out on Fridays now.  Think it changed when album releases changed to Fridays.

sick.of.romanov

I'm sure there was a fairly recent change where charts are now determined on a Friday instead of Sunday.

I see, so when they do the chart on a Sunday night on the radio and say you can still change the positions until 6pm is that a different chart?

Regal Kingston

The charts used to always be quite interesting.

An irrelevance now.

It would be good if next year the Christmas number one was not x-factor or a novelty act

Suppose its good that a charity has made a few quid

Archived