What's your favourite Christmas Song

Howdy Doody Jambo

Craig Gordons Gloves

Fairytale of New York.

This is spades.

Closely followed by "Do they know it's Christmas" 1984 version and Mariah Carey - All i want for Christmas.

I love a good cheesy Christmas song. 

Magic Numbers

This is spades.

Closely followed by "Do they know it's Christmas" 1984 version and Mariah Carey - All i want for Christmas.

I love a good cheesy Christmas song. 

Oh go on then...Any excuse to let my young'un show-off...

I P Knightley

Manics - Christmas Ghost

Wizzard - I wish it could be...

Slade - Merry Xmas

Tom Waits - Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis

Greg Lake, I believe in father Christmas, by a long way. Why, I don't know, it leaves me bitter and angry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xKGc0-PUp8

Imagine and Do They Know it's Christmas remind me of Christmas but don't make me feel all Christmasy where as Mull of Kintyre and Merry Xmas Everybody by Slade do. Just an age thing I guess.

Never got the love for Fairytale of New York?

It's ok but doesnt even sound like a christmas song and too folk song-ish.

Give me the usual Slade, Wizzard or Paul McCartney any day. John Lennon and Jona Lewie well before it too.

For old classics I love White Christmas by Bing Crosby and my Dad had Perry Como's Christmas Greetings Album and would play it every Christmas Eve night when I was a nipper to capture the mood .... Good memories :)

Shakin Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyone. Just a jolly wee song that ticks all the Christmas boxes.

There! I said it.

Shakin Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyone. Just a jolly wee song that ticks all the Christmas boxes.

There! I said it.

and I believe a Hearts fan wrote it too! I know a bloke from Edinburgh , Bob Heatlie, wrote the song but someone on here from another thread said he frequented The Wheatsheaf in Gorgie at one time. I think he's from Craigmillar originally.

queensferryjambo

Slade for me.

Great band, great fun era for Christmas songs. The lyric 'Does your Granny always tell ya that the old songs are the best' sums up my Gran on Christmas day in the 70s to a tee.

Wizzard a close second.

Talk-o-the-North

and I believe a Hearts fan wrote it too! I know a bloke from Edinburgh , Bob Heatlie, wrote the song but someone on here from another thread said he frequented The Wheatsheaf in Gorgie at one time. I think he's from Craigmillar originally.

He also wrote Japanese Boy by Aneka.

I think he might have stayed around the Gorgie area at some point as I'm sure his sons went to Tynie High.

i wish jj was my dad

I was 15 when Fairytale of New York was first in the charts and had a rather special school Xmas party that year so that's always going to win for me   :2thumbsup: .

The little drummer boy with Bing and Bowie follows next but there is a wee bit of a distance between the two. 

I was 15 when Fairytale of New York was first in the charts and had a rather special school Xmas party that year so that's always going to win for me :2thumbsup: .

The little drummer boy with Bing and Bowie follows next but there is a wee bit of a distance between the two.

These two songs are my favourite too

Slade.

White Christmas (but only Bing, everyone else murders it).

Best of all though is "Winter Solstice" by Jethro Tull. Not technically a Christmas song but it's on most of those compilation albums and is festive.

Stop the Cavalry.

Let it snow.

Fairytale tale of New York is pish IMO. Doesn't sound like a Christmas song to me. I'd rather upset myself more and listen to Craig David's grammatically incorrect 7 days.

Beautiful :sob:

But no, all the usuals for me. The Darkness is probably my favourite but I love all the classics, Slade, Wizzard, Jona Lewie, Lennon, Pogues, even Mariah Carey. All great this time of year. 

Shakin Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyone

Dean Martin - Let It Snow

The Waiteresses - cannie mind the title.

Shaky is head and shooders above anyone else at this time of year, followed by the other two.

...delighted to hear it was written by a Jambo too. Even more reason to love it!! Altogether now, "Snow is fallin..."

Band Aid (the original)

That Mariah Carey one

Fairytale of New York

Little Saint Nick - Beach Boys (closely followed by the rest of their Christmas Album)

Don't Let the Bells End - Darkness

Archived