PRE SEASON FRIENDLIES

beefybathgate

beefybathgate

There is a rumour that hearts will again play preston in a friendly. As long as its as good as the last one :P . Will there be any glamour ties? :107years:

Ron Burgundy

As much as I like the place,I never thought I would see the words Blackpool and class in the same sentence.

Famous Hearts
We went to Blackpool after the game, class.

Remember the cops trying to get everyone on to the Edinburgh train only for about 75% of us to get on the Blackpool one on the adjacent platform!

Hope for a home friendly on Aug 2nd...after Friday night's momentous event.

davemclaren
Hope for a home friendly on Aug 2nd...after Friday night's momentous event.

I'm going to one ( or two ) already that day as I have tickets for the Emirates cup. Real Madrid v. Hamburg and Arsenal v. Juventus. :)

Craigieboy

Preston was good but I never really appreciated being herded by the police from the moment we stepped off the train.

All the way to the pub and then who will forget the never ending death march to the ground?

Murder.

piltonjambo

Got to agree ... we also stayed in Blackpool ... a great time had by all ...

On the down side however I have to say tho that when we got off the Blackpool to Preston train the Hearts fans were already being 'held' ... we on the other hand point blank refused to be intimidated by the police in joining them ... no chance mate and no chance you have the right to do this ... they eventually backed off and allowed us to proceed ... right to the same pub where they then brought the Hearts fans from the station!!! lol

Unfortunately we then had to go through a similar attempt by the police to remove us from this pub when they wanted us to go ... we again dug our heels in and told them we would decide when it was time for us to go ... not them ...

cue all sorts of threats of arrest for breach etc but then as before ... the same backing off when we stood our ground ... they knew they just simply did not have these powers ... pretty disgraceful behaviour from the police in many ways, given that everyone was just having a good time!!!

Winston Ingram

Forgive my ignorance... what's happening on August 1st??

Heard a rumour Ajax may be an option on August 2nd. Original plan was the Friday night but police wouldn't have it.

Does season start on the 9th? Rather late..

Archived