Possible Killie Takeover

Toxteth O'Grady

Dirk Diggler

I don't think it would make the slightest difference to JJ tbh.

If he were offered the position I'd expect him to accept.

Toxteth O'Grady

I'm pretty sure he would too. It's the best job he'd ever get offered.

Might also be a ploy by the Killie board to get him to stay. He's always be hampered by a lack of funds to build a squad at Killie. It's funny how this has been leaked just as Hearts show an interest in him. It might just be a ploy to make him think that he may get some money to spend there.

the doomed

JJ would be delighted to get a new chairman at Killie - looking beyond any Hearts interests

Dr. Bapswent

I can see a new owner being a good thing for the club, and therefore JJ might be tempted to stay because of it.

the doomed

I agree, its very likely a new owner will be good for the club... and particularly the managment team given their deteriorating relationship with the chairman (who is a one-man board btw, the 2nd director is only in place to meet the company rules).

If hearts come in for JJ things may change in many ways. JJ will (most likely) wish to leave... this would speed-up or kill any potential takeover as surely anyone taking over would want to appoint the new manager rather than leave it to mikey johnston. they may also only wish to takeover if JJ is in place or indeed may be delighted JJ is leaving...

:confused:

Hilary Briss

Absolutely.......if Hearts offer him the job he would take it in a second, regardless of whats going on at Killie.

Might also be a ploy by the Killie board to get him to stay. He's always be hampered by a lack of funds to build a squad at Killie. It's funny how this has been leaked just as Hearts show an interest in him. It might just be a ploy to make him think that he may get some money to spend there.

My thoughts too

shaun.lawson

"I have to be very careful of the kind of individual who may wish to invest in Kilmarnock given all the recent publicity surrounding gambling syndicates and money laundering in football."

Is it just me, or is this a coded message to JJ about the benefits of staying with a Chairman he knows, rather than moving to a club which does things, ahem, somewhat differently? I too find the timing very odd - and wouldn't be surprised if there's nothing in this proposed 'investment' at all, and it's merely a ploy to try and stave off Hearts' likely advances.

Archived