Slow Night on JKB

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

I am listening to "Rolled Gold " by the Stones

At the moment "No expectations" Wonderful.

I have also downed a fair few slugs of a bottle of Dewars. Lovely stuff.

Any other Stones fans out there?

"Let it Bleed" is my favourite album by them.

What is YOUR fave Stones song/album?

(and what is your fave tipple?!!!)

Off topic but not worthy of a new thread.

Should I watch Men Behaving Badly or South Park in half an hour? Both are set on reminder but I'm not sure which one. I could always stay up another hour and watch MBB on +1.

What do you reckon, FJ?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Stones are great, can't really pick a favourite song.

Neave, men behaving badly is legendary although Martin Clunes is one ugly pleb.

Stones are great, can't really pick a favourite song.

Neave, men behaving badly is legendary although Martin Clunes is one ugly pleb.

Think I'm gonny go for South Park, then change to MBB if I've seen it/can't be arsed watching it again.

If that situation occurs I'll lie in bed with a cup of tea and watch some Mighty Boosh. Yup, I'm that cool.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Should I watch Men Behaving Badly or South Park in half an hour? Both are set on reminder but I'm not sure which one. I could always stay up another hour and watch MBB on +1.

What do you reckon, FJ?

Mmmm. Not really a fan of both.

I remember Behaving Badly when Harry Enfield was in it and was not bad...

I let you young bucks decide...

Now. The Stones. And your fave drink, my man...?

Ivan Drago

FWJ - i love pretty much anything i've heard of the Stones, nut i'm ashamed to admit i don't own ANY of their stuff - hopefully i can rectify that soon though. Where do you suggest i begin?

My fave song is without doubt Paint it Black.

Ivan Drago

PS my fave tipple is any cheap and nasty lager, and if im getting ***ed up, it hast to be Jagermeister :)

What do you reckon, FJ?

I'm disgusted that you actually asked that.

Blasphemer.

Goooood byeee Ruby Tuesday!

Seen an audience with Neil Diamond earlier ... it was surprisingly entertaining.!

Sorry but it was either the Stones or the Beatles. Didn't like them in the 60's and don't like them now. Beatles better band in my opinion although for longevity the Stones have everyone beat.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
FWJ - i love pretty much anything i've heard of the Stones, nut i'm ashamed to admit i don't own ANY of their stuff - hopefully i can rectify that soon though. Where do you suggest i begin?

My fave song is without doubt Paint it Black.

Try and get "Rolled Gold". It has just been reissued. It is their greatest hits up to 1970 and has some really good stuff that you can't get on albums like "Play with Fire" and "We love You". Wonderful, all of it, I can tell you.

Also try and get albums like "Aftermath" " Beggars Banquet" "Let it Bleed" "Sticky Fingers" and the immortal "Exile on Main Street"

Colin, my son, you will love 'em all.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Sorry but it was either the Stones or the Beatles. Didn't like them in the 60's and don't like them now. Beatles better band in my opinion although for longevity the Stones have everyone beat.

Agreed. Beatles are King. But you just have to love the Stones.

Ivan Drago
Try and get "Rolled Gold". It has just been reissued. It is their greatest hits up to 1970 and has some really good stuff that you can't get on albums like "Play with Fire" and "We love You". Wonderful, all of it, I can tell you.

Also try and get albums like "Aftermath" " Beggars Banquet" "Let it Bleed" "Sticky Fingers" and the immortal "Exile on Main Street"

Colin, my son, you will love 'em all.

I will do my utmost to obtain them all. Greatest hits prob the best place to start though. Definitely more of a beatles man, not in that i prefer them, just that i've listened to tehm far more. Got **** loads of Beatles on my iPod but not a single stones track :eek:

Will try and fix that soon!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
PS my fave tipple is any cheap and nasty lager, and if im getting ***ed up, it hast to be Jagermeister :)

Good choice.

I hate Brit lager. Euro stuff is so much better. But as I said previously die ou Zuid -Afrikaanse lager Leeu is die beste drink in die wereld. (Lion Lager from South Africa is the best beer in the world)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I will do my utmost to obtain them all. Greatest hits prob the best place to start though. Definitely more of a beatles man, not in that i prefer them, just that i've listened to tehm far more. Got **** loads of Beatles on my iPod but not a single stones track :eek:

Will try and fix that soon!

A wonderful world awaits you, my old pal.

Agreed the Beatles are still the greatest (along with old Bob).

Agreed. Beatles are King. But you just have to love the Stones.

Just never liked them. Easy as that.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Just never liked them. Easy as that.

Accepted.

Now. Your favourite drink is?

Ivan Drago
Good choice.

I hate Brit lager. Euro stuff is so much better. But as I said previously die ou Zuid -Afrikaanse lager Leeu is die beste drink in die wereld. (Lion Lager from South Africa is the best beer in the world)

I know Tennents and Carling etc are all pish water, but its always the tipple i turn to when i'm out. Prob more due to the fact im a skint student than anthing else though.

milion dollar question though: What's your fave beatles album?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I know Tennents and Carling etc are all pish water, but its always the tipple i turn to when i'm out. Prob more due to the fact im a skint student than anthing else though.

milion dollar question though: What's your fave beatles album?

My commiserations over the drink issue. When I was your age I was paying about 25p for a glass of the worlds best lager in South Africa!!

Now the question on the Beatles. A tricky one.

Don't you go through Beatles phases? I mean, you might just want to listen to their early stuff and nothing else. In that case I love "A Hard Days Night" (Things we said today - a real classic).

Then, I might like their middle phase and I love "Rubber Soul" Though "Help" has a few real gems. "Another Girl" and "Its only Love"

I might get really in the mood for a real acid phase and listen to "Revolver"

Then I get sad and melancholy and listen to "Abbey Road" knowing that the end is near...

The Beatles. A band for all seasons. God, I love them. Like HMFC.

Ivan Drago
My commiserations over the drink issue. When I was your age I was paying about 25p for a glass of the worlds best lager in South Africa!!

Now the question on the Beatles. A tricky one.

Don't you go through Beatles phases? I mean, you might just want to listen to their early stuff and nothing else. In that case I love "A Hard Days Night" (Things we said today - a real classic).

Then, I might like their middle phase and I love "Rubber Soul" Though "Help" has a few real gems. "Another Girl" and "Its only Love"

I might get really in the mood for a real acid phase and listen to "Revolver"

Then I get sad and melancholy and listen to "Abbey Road" knowing that the end is near...

The Beatles. A band for all seasons. God, I love them. Like HMFC.

yep i know what you mean, sometimes i just want to listen to the early 'poppy' stuff but then other times i just want to listen to more experimental stuff like the White Album and Sgt Peppers.

If i had to pick a favourite i think it would have to be Abbey Road. Not one that i hear picked as the favourite very often but i love it. I absolutely adore Here Comes The Sun, i think its one of the most beautiful songs i've ever heard. George Harrison for me is criminally underrated as a songwriter.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
yep i know what you mean, sometimes i just want to listen to the early 'poppy' stuff but then other times i just want to listen to more experimental stuff like the White Album and Sgt Peppers.

If i had to pick a favourite i think it would have to be Abbey Road. Not one that i hear picked as the favourite very often but i love it. I absolutely adore Here Comes The Sun, i think its one of the most beautiful songs i've ever heard. George Harrison for me is criminally underrated as a songwriter.

I think we may have been separated at birth ...

"Here Comes The Sun" is my all time fave Beatles song. It has got to be the most hope-filled song ever written. Hearing it has so many memories for me.

All George's songs are good. "If I needed Someone" on Rubber Soul is my fave song on that album.

Also "The Inner Light" is great.

Ahh, the Beatles...

Ivan Drago
I think we may have been separated at birth ...

"Here Comes The Sun" is my all time fave Beatles song. It has got to be the most hope-filled song ever written. Hearing it has so many memories for me.

All George's songs are good. "If I needed Someone" on Rubber Soul is my fave song on that album.

Also "The Inner Light" is great.

Ahh, the Beatles...

:)

it's just beautiful, there really is no other way to describe it. I find it a bit sad that i'm 24 and i'd probably still say the Beatles are my favourite band of all time, but hey ho, just goes to show good they actually were.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuUhZxkr194

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

it's just beautiful, there really is no other way to describe it. I find it a bit sad that i'm 24 and i'd probably still say the Beatles are my favourite band of all time, but hey ho, just goes to show good they actually were.

Don't worry old son.

They are the greatest and always will be.

Their innovation and experimentation were simply awesome. Christ, McCartney woke up one morning with the tune for "Yesterday" going through his head! That is the spark of genius. It is God-given and like Bob Dylan, it is inexplicable. What came out of his head between 1962-1966 was just divine.

Along with Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys, just imagine being a young dude in those days!!! Waiting for these guys to produce their music!!

Ivan Drago
Don't worry old son.

They are the greatest and always will be.

Their innovation and experimentation were simply awesome. Christ, McCartney woke up one morning with the tune for "Yesterday" going through his head! That is the spark of genius. It is God-given and like Bob Dylan, it is inexplicable. What came out of his head between 1962-1966 was just divine.

Along with Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys, just imagine being a young dude in those days!!! Waiting for these guys to produce their music!!

Those were the days indeed! I'm going to really offend you now though by telling you i don't have any Bob dylan either.... and all i have of the Beach Boys is Pet sounds. I did see Brian Wilson at TitP though - just wish i could remember it a bit better....

Not sad at all IMO. Just good taste.

I'm 21 and worship the Stones and The Beatles. Fecking magnificent bands and when you compare it to the dross out nowadays ....!

A quick scan through my sisters CD collection sees The Hoosiers and Scouting for Girls. ****ING HELL!

Got to say though, my first true love are these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0dfd_L4tDk

Ivan Drago

I'm 21 and worship the Stones and The Beatles. Fecking magnificent bands and when you compare it to the dross out nowadays ....!

A quick scan through my sisters CD collection sees The Hoosiers and Scouting for Girls. ****ING HELL!

fecking right AP, Love Will... another one of my favourite tracks of all time. I dont have any JD albums, just the greatest hits (Substance i think its called), id only heard of Love WIll when i bought it but i was pleasantly surprised when i heard the rest of the stuff.

I'm going to sound like a grumpy old bugger here but i hate new music. Its just pish!!!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Fine choice, Alan my man.

I must admit my musical awakening was arounnd 1979.

I hated the music scene up to then. My oldest brother was serving in the Royal Marines and he was my idol. A real tough guy. I was only 12 but I hankered back to the 60's. I liked smart suits and ties. I loved the Beatles. My brother took a Beatle record to his music class at school and the teacher slagged it. This was around 1974-75. Just imagine the crap that was in the charts then. He went off and joined the Bootnecks. He came home on leave in late '79. I remember opening the door when he came home. He wore a smart suit and tie. A gold waistcoat and real panama hat. He had a scooter covered in Union Jacks. Class. Cool beyond belief. Him and his Bootneck mates would batter Punks, Teds whatever for fun. I was awestruck. He was into the Mod scene. He had a pile of records with him. The Jam. Madness. The Special. He bought me. "All Mod Cons" and "Setting Sons " on cassette for my birthday. I was 12. This was the greatest present I have still to this date ever been given. I was hooked. At last I felt I belonged. Strange how mature we were at that age all those years ago. We were serious about music. To belong to a distinct "British" group. Not Yank, with baseball caps and all that sh*t. But BRITISH. Modism.

Christ, you had to be there, mate.

Ivan Drago
Fine choice, Alan my man.

I must admit my musical awakening was arounnd 1979.

I hated the music scene up to then. My oldest brother was serving in the Royal Marines and he was my idol. A real tough guy. I was only 12 but I hankered back to the 60's. I liked smart suits and ties. I loved the Beatles. My brother took a Beatle record to his music class at school and the teacher slagged it. This was around 1974-75. Just imagine the crap that was in the charts then. He went off and joined the Bootnecks. He came home on leave in late '79. I remember opening the door when he came home. He wore a smart suit and tie. A gold waistcoat and real panama hat. He had a scooter covered in Union Jacks. Class. Cool beyond belief. Him and his Bootneck mates would batter Punks, Teds whatever for fun. I was awestruck. He was into the Mod scene. He had a pile of records with him. The Jam. Madness. The Special. He bought me. "All Mod Cons" and "Setting Sons " on cassette for my birthday. I was 12. This was the greatest present I have still to this date ever been given. I was hooked. At last I felt I belonged. Strange how mature we were at that age all those years ago. We were serious about music. To belong to a distinct "British" group. Not Yank, with baseball caps and all that sh*t. But BRITISH. Modism.

Christ, you had to be there, mate.

Thats what really ****es me off about todays 'scene' - we dont fecking have one!! fair enough we had britpop,but i was a bit young for that. All we have now is fecking emos and goths, and whilie i do love a bit of emo, its hardly a 'scene' i feel attached to.

In terms of British music theres a good few bands, but does anyone really feel passionate about Kaizer Chiefs, Bloc Party Coldplay etc? Then you have overseas bands like The Strokes, Kings of Leon erc and new bands like The BLack Kids and Vampire Weekend etc

But does anyone really feel passionate about them? Can anyone truely say they they love them?!

No, and thats why i hate the music scene so much at the moment, its just so sterile and ****ing boring. Give me a band that i can listen to and say, yes, they're amazing, i love this band.

The last two bands i think i can honestly say i 'loved' are the manics and oasis, and with all due respect i was a couple of years late for both. The closest i've came since then is guys like Billy Talent and My Chemical ROmance, and while i think they're both amazing bands, its not exactly the kind of 'scene' i want to be into....

Archived