U20's at Ross County 8/12 @ 1300

Musemic

...a bit disco

1-0 down but pressing hard towards half-time it looks like.

...a bit disco

Scorer for us?

Don't know.

Skybet aren't that generous with their info!

Don't know.

Skybet aren't that generous with their info!

Swines, what about Paddy power or McBookie!

...a bit disco

what were the teams?

Anyone else think the website's coverage of U20's games are quite poor?

A tweet from 38 mins ago.

WELL after the game finished.

Here's the side that started for the U20s today: Gallacher, Morrison, Ozturk, Jones, Baur, Beith, Buchanan, King, Swanson, Moore, Reilly.

Sounds like Ozturk got the runaround by the village club young team.

Attention seeking again eh?

The guy is just back from an op and playing himself gradually up to full fitness so he's hardly going to be busting a gut.

maroonnicky63

your support astounds me , the guy is just back from injury. Wonder who you will pick on Saturday if it doesn't go well. SUPPORTER MA ERSE.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Two strong teams. I often wonder if there is dialogue between the two sides to discuss the competitive nature of the game in terms of team selection

Two strong teams. I often wonder if there is dialogue between the two sides to discuss the competitive nature of the game in terms of team selection

was thinking that - makes sense

Neilson's Shank

My theory, CNS is a plant who's sole role is to test the capability of Mods in seeing how much latitude is allowed before a ban is issued, so far he is treading a fine line but it must only be a matter of time.

Dunfermline certainly were in favour of that approach 2-3 years ago when the squad they had was stretched with injuries/suspensions and general squad issues, they had a very young and inexperienced u20 squad, most clubs they played matched up to suit better and were pretty happy to agree.

The difference in score lines depending on how many overage players is a big factor in this league. For example Celtic had a front 3 of Griffiths, Stokes and Commons in an u20 game a couple of seasons ago against what was effectively a ross county youth team. I think Griffiths and Commons were coming back from injury but still its a factor from all teams which has lots of positives and negatives for everyone, i.e getting a bit closer to a reserve league as opposed to boys v boys.

From a betting perspective, which most of the u20 threads seem to revolve around on club's forums, I wouldn't go anywhere near this league, very unpredictable.

By: Hearts Media on 09 Dec, 2015 11:44

Hearts U20s were beaten by a single goal against Ross County yesterday afternoon.

Liam Fox?s side managed to get back on level terms in the second-half but immediately conceded, as the Staggies bagged all three points in the Development League encounter at the Highland Academy.

Billy King and Gavin Reilly started for Liam Fox?s side, as did club captain Alim Ozturk, who continues his comeback from injury.

The home side took an early lead through Rafael De Vita after two minutes, but it was all-square on 61 minutes courtesy of Reilly.

A minute later Ross County regained the lead with De Vita bagging his second goal of the game, which was enough to hand the Staggies the win.

The Wee Jambos are back in action this Sunday when they host Inverness CT in the Little Big Shot Youth Cup. Kick-off is 1pm at Tynecastle, entry is ?5 adults and ?1 concessions.

From a betting perspective, which most of the u20 threads seem to revolve around on club's forums, I wouldn't go anywhere near this league, very unpredictable.

Made quite a fair bit profit on betting against Hearts. Obviously looking at the respective line ups first because as you say a few surprises can be thrown up.

De Vita is a really talented player and probably the most important player County have.

He is gaining fitness for a return and I am not surprised he got both goals.

I wouldn't read much into this game other than the goal for Reilly being good news for his confidence.

De Vita is a really talented player and probably the most important player County have.

He is gaining fitness for a return and I am not surprised he got both goals.

I wouldn't read much into this game other than the goal for Reilly being good news for his confidence.

Nothing to disagree with there.

The sooner big Jon is in the better. The under 20s need guidance.

Jon Daly feature at half time on bbc alba tonight (qots v raith on live just now), should be interesting to see what he says regarding his move to our u20's.

Said it was a great opportunity, friendly with RN when both at Dundee United and that Levein is best manager he has ever played under and someone he has a lot of respect for.

Archived