Well done Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale

jambogaz1968

Footballfirst

I see that Eddie Mearns was sent off for LTHV.  I liked Eddie as a player when he was with Hearts U19s.  He went to Dundee but didn't make it there, and has drifted around with non league sides since.

I see that Eddie Mearns was sent off for LTHV. I liked Eddie as a player when he was with Hearts U19s. He went to Dundee but didn't make it there, and has drifted around with non league sides since.

Looked like a harsh red to me. Definitely contact causing him to fall. Not a penalty at the same time though!

The Treasurer

Looked like a harsh red to me. Definitely contact causing him to fall. Not a penalty at the same time though!

Too many refs think if a player goes down in the box it has to be a penalty or a dive.

This was neither.

Huntly's goal definitely a result of a bad bounce.

Seems a bit daft having the replay at the same time as our game on Saturday.

An early k.o. or even playing on Sunday might have encouraged a few more along to support them

Too many refs think if a player goes down in the box it has to be a penalty or a dive.

This was neither.

Huntly's goal definitely a result of a bad bounce.

Seems a bit daft having the replay at the same time as our game on Saturday.

An early k.o. or even playing on Sunday might have encouraged a few more along to support them

Yeah to totally agree with the referee point. Wish they had some common sense sometimes but it's probably too much to ask for.

It is a bit silly having the same kickoff times. Quick Google shows saughton to have a 1k capacity. Would have probably been pushed to its near limit.

If I didn't have to work on Saturday I was going to head up for the first leg. Mates a Huntly season ticket holder (poor guy) so was at the game. Apparently hutchy were playing nice flowing football all over the park. He is a little bit worried for the return leg and sees hutchy as the favourites.

Dr Ian Malcolm

There would be nowhere near 1000 for the second leg, regardless of when it was played. It would be nice if they were able to get a few more along, but you need to be practical at that level. Huntly need to be able to get down and back up, and I'd imagine they'd be pretty annoyed that a Saturday 3pm was available but ignored to try and add an extra hundred or so to the gate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Destruction Derby

There would be nowhere near 1000 for the second leg, regardless of when it was played. It would be nice if they were able to get a few more along, but you need to be practical at that level. Huntly need to be able to get down and back up, and I'd imagine they'd be pretty annoyed that a Saturday 3pm was available but ignored to try and add an extra hundred or so to the gate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would imagine Huntly would do what Lothian done and travel on the Friday and stay over.

Maroon Sailor

Rearranged for Monday 8pm

Thanks for that - might pop along if the weather starts behaving

Destruction Derby

Thanks for that - might pop along if the weather starts behaving

They will face East Kilbride in the next round after East Kilbride beat Stenhousemuir 2-1 after Extra Time today if they manage to go through

Maroon Sailor

They will face East Kilbride in the next round after East Kilbride beat Stenhousemuir 2-1 after Extra Time today if they manage to go through

Not such a good reward for either EK or the winner of this tie.

However a chance for 1 of the 3 to get one of the big guns in round 5

Maroon Sailor

Can anybody confirm where the match is being played tonight ?

Their website had Saturday's postponed game as Ainslie Park

Can anybody confirm where the match is being played tonight ?

Their website had Saturday's postponed game as Ainslie Park

Thats correct. KO 8pm according to EEN.

Maroon Sailor

Thats correct. KO 8pm according to EEN.

Strange, thought it would have been at Saughton

Maroon Sailor

Decided to head on down for this one. Hopefully there will be dancing on the streets of Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale

Give me a L

Maroon Sailor

This is 100 mile a hour stuff !

No time on the ball

Sod these artificial pitches as well

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Huntly are not great these days. Strong outfit 20 years ago. Paterson was the manager at the time gave United a game for an hour.

Also the opposition for the Aidy Boothroyd wonder goal

Maroon Sailor

Have to say Hutchie were far the better team, especially 2nd half when the game was more settled. First half hour was just frantic with nobody able to put their foot on the ball.

Luscious Laryea

Was at the game, some really good stuff from Hutchie and by far the better footballing side.  Looked like they might give East Kilbride a run for their money in the next round.  Would be some achievement for them to get to the last 16.

Went along as my mate's wee brother plays on the right of midfield for LTHV.

Thought they were the much better side with Huntly only having one real opportunity that came in the second half. The left back who scored the opener looks as though he could develop into a fine player. Still only 19. Considering Lothian were missing a couple of players too, it was a great achievement.

They could potentially find themselves in the last 16 of the Scottish Cup. Quite incredible.

KilbrideJambo

I'm afraid the mighty EK will take them in the next round!! 

Then a HoMFC v EKFC last 16 would be perfect :)

Maroon Sailor

I'm afraid the mighty EK will take them in the next round!! 

Then a HoMFC v EKFC last 16 would be perfect :)

I wouldn't underestimate Hutchie !

• 1 month later...

no fit keeper, so a midfielder played in goals

There reserve keeper actually played.  Think the manager must have been trying some Stubbsy mind games that clearly didnt work either

Archived