Scott Brown

juanjojambo

Cant agree with this. We were fortunate to get a 0-0 at parkhead after camping out on the 18 yard line and then shat it to attack them at home and lost.

Our perfomances against them have been pish for years and I don't expect that to chance in Decemebr with Robbies approach to the big games.

I hope I'm wrong.

Unfortunately it isn;t games against celtic that will cost us, it is throwing away 4 points at home to Dundee and Killie that are the problem.

gorgie rd eh11

Exactly.

With or without Brown we're still a long way off from being able to even think about competing with Celtic on a consistent basis. Whether that's a mental thing or a physical/ability thing, who knows.

It's a resource thing.

We_are_the_Hearts

Is that myth still going! Brellier mistimed a tackle as he usually did and stood on his foot causing an injury. He never halved him. If you want to see someone being halved then google Neil Berry on Paul Wright, now that was a tackle, thing of beauty  :2thumbsup: Boyack on O'Neil was also great viewing

Is that myth still going! Brellier mistimed a tackle as he usually did and stood on his foot causing an injury. He never halved him. If you want to see someone being halved then google Neil Berry on Paul Wright, now that was a tackle, thing of beauty  :2thumbsup: Boyack on O'Neil was also great viewing

Brellier got the ball and made sure he got the man as well. A perfectly executed **** you to the supposed hibee hardman.

It's a resource thing.

An easy excuse. In my lifetime, for the most part, we've just bent over and took whatever Celtic are giving us.

Hackney Hearts

This post kinda reminded me of Hibs celebrating 'only' losing 3-0 to them on the basis that 'at least it wasn't 5-1'.

Our record against Celtic is appalling. Whether they're sticking 1, 2 or 7 past us - they remain a significant thorn in our side.

I certainly wasn't celebrating! It's just a fact that the results this season (irrespective of performance or tactics) have been closer. Our record is still appalling, no argument there. And 'a significant thorn in our side' is something of an understatement. But when we had diminished resources and were losing 7-0 or 4-0 or whatever, the fact that Celtic might be losing a player would have been totally irrelevant - this season, it might - just might - have a bearing on the outcome. That was all I said, no celebrating. And I completely agree that we should take the game to Celtic - maybe we will this time. They DO concede goals.

One of the most overrated players in the Scottish game.

Has been since they all went daft about him 6, 7 years ago.

Often found out against Euro minnows , not even top rate sides which you'd expect anyway.

This is the correct answer to is "Scott Brown a good player". If Europe is the yardstick he ain't even a minnow!! Hugely overrated.

gorgie rd eh11

An easy excuse. In my lifetime, for the most part, we've just bent over and took whatever Celtic are giving us.

:stuart:

He's an awful footballer. I don't pay enough attention to Celtic to know of they have someone decent to take his place, but it shouldn't be hard to find someone who can.

Awful footballer:rofl: :cornette:

Scrotum sack :spoton:

Aye, right up the back passage.

Almost every time.

Generic Username

I wonder if this will result in a now fit Scott Allan getting first team starts for Celtic, or if he'll continue to waste away in the background. If he doesn't get a look in tonight with the injuries and suspensions Celtic have, something ain't right.

I certainly wasn't celebrating! It's just a fact that the results this season (irrespective of performance or tactics) have been closer. Our record is still appalling, no argument there. And 'a significant thorn in our side' is something of an understatement. But when we had diminished resources and were losing 7-0 or 4-0 or whatever, the fact that Celtic might be losing a player would have been totally irrelevant - this season, it might - just might - have a bearing on the outcome. That was all I said, no celebrating. And I completely agree that we should take the game to Celtic - maybe we will this time. They DO concede goals.

I didn't actually say you were celebrating, I said it reminded me of when Hibs did.

I have a wedge on Ajax  6/4.   They are my dutch pal's team and I've been over there. 

I believe  the Celtic have four players out.    Ajax have two players out, but they  are replaced by two other internationalists. 

The fact of Brown not playing, is actually more a worry!  

Can't pass, can't dribble, can't cross, can't shoot, can't header, can't even tackle that well.

But because of a combination of who he plays for and useless Scottish refs, he's seen as a good player, just for running around energetically but aimlessly, hacking people down, and snarling in their faces if they object to it. A good example of everything that's gone wrong with Scottish football.

Scott Brown is/was a good player.  He is not the force he once was and injuries are catching up on him but lets not pretend he was somehow a poor player in the past.

I understand the chat but he has proved to be a good player in this league and would have walked into our team over the last 10 seasons.

He isn't shit. Compared with previous Celtic midfielders and/or Captains though he is not anywhere near as good as some are trying to suggest. Collins, McStay, McGinlay, Moravkic, Burley and Lambert were all far better players than he is.

Exactly.

With or without Brown we're still a long way off from being able to even think about competing with Celtic on a consistent basis. Whether that's a mental thing or a physical/ability thing, who knows.

Every Scottish team is about 15-20m quid a year away from consistently competing with Celtic. There will always be one-offs but we need to beat them a couple of times in a row to lose the fear of them we seem to play with sometimes.

He is good in the SPFL, because he gets away with his antics.

Outwith, he is shit, beause he doesn't.

This post and the Lionheart one sum him up.

He isn't shit. Compared with previous Celtic midfielders and/or Captains though he is not anywhere near as good as some are trying to suggest. Collins, McStay, McGinlay, Moravkic, Burley and Lambert were all far better players than he is.

Not trying to be smart here, but who the **** is McGinlay?

Can't think at all.

Can't think at all.

Pat McGinlay, ugly, dark hair, terrible teeth. Likes staying. A more gifted footballer than Scott Brown.

...a bit disco

Can't think at all.

pat.png

People saying Brown was better at Hibs remind me of folk that thought Lambert was a better player before he went to Dortmund. Brown's finished at elite level now due to injuries but he's still comfortably one of the best midfielders in Scotland.

Awful footballer:rofl: :cornette:

Scrotum sack :spoton:

I clarified my opinion after that post, but thanks for the cornette.

Brown is a perfect example of how far Celtic and Scotland have regressed in recent years.

alwaysthereinspirit

People saying Brown was better at Hibs remind me of folk that thought Lambert was a better player before he went to Dortmund. Brown's finished at elite level now due to injuries but he's still comfortably one of the best midfielders in Scotland.

Given the $#!t he gets away with week in and out its really not difficult for an average midfielder ( which he is) to look slightly better than average. He is allowed to knock other average midfielders about without punishment. Thus making himself look better and them weaker.

I don't know what you smoke in your spare time bud but let's be clear on one thing Brown has never at anytime been "an elite level player" and I have no idea how you could have possibly arrived at the conclusion that he was. Playing for celtic and/ or Scotland does not in any way make you an "elite level player" .

gorgie rd eh11

Given the $#!t he gets away with week in and out its really not difficult for an average midfielder ( which he is) to look slightly better than average. He is allowed to knock other average midfielders about without punishment. Thus making himself look better and them weaker.

This.

He takes advantage of the different rules applied to celtic and rangers players, lunges into tackles but greets like a bairn if anyone does the same to him.

I don't know what you smoke in your spare time bud but let's be clear on one thing Brown has never at anytime been "an elite level player" and I have no idea how you could have possibly arrived at the conclusion that he was. Playing for celtic and/ or Scotland does not in any way make you an "elite level player" .

There was a time when he didn't look completely out of place playing for Celtic in the Champions League and for Scotland.

There was a time when he didn't look completely out of place playing for Celtic in the Champions League and for Scotland.

Stop digging mate both of these teams are almost permanently a lot of dung and have failed to do anything of real significance against even the most mediocre of teams. 

alwaysthereinspirit

We should have a poll on what time it was. I'll start. 3.22 for Celtic. 20.32 for Scotland. To make it fair you dont have to name the team it was against..

Pat McGinlay, ugly, dark hair, terrible teeth. Likes staying. A more gifted footballer than Scott Brown.

You missed out 'thick as pig shit'.

Was he not also a stalker aswell, or I am thinking of someone else?

Stop digging mate both of these teams are almost permanently a lot of dung and have failed to do anything of real significance against even the most mediocre of teams. 

He didn't play a key part in Celtic beating AC Milan, then?

You're right, boys, he's always been shite. Don't let me stop you being myopic.

Paulie Walnut

Brown gives Celtic drive and tempo when he plays, they are defiantly a different team when he doesn't play not necessarily a worse team.

He didn't play a key part in Celtic beating AC Milan, then?

You're right, boys, he's always been shite. Don't let me stop you being myopic.

Don't talk a pile of @~@~. If winning a game against a team of any standing in Europe is the yard stick then you could say that of any player that was in the team that night including the keeper... you keep on digging for the pile of S@@@ he is. If that is your yardstick the entire team that night were all "at an elite level"... what a load of cack!

He was.

He really wasn't. Pat McGinlay got packed back to Hibs after just over a year because he couldn't get a game for a Celtic team that finished 5th in the Premier League. He was bang average and never anywhere near Brown as a player.

He really wasn't. Pat McGinlay got packed back to Hibs after just over a year because he couldn't get a game for a Celtic team that finished 5th in the Premier League. He was bang average and never anywhere near Brown as a player.

Mcginlay played quite a few games and scored a few goals. Brown is very overrated imo, and that is not to say I think he's shit.

Archived