Transfer files from old phone to new

EH11_2NL

I thought this would be easy but it's not! Does anyone have a link or something that would help? I can't download smartswitch onto my old phone as has been suggested. Pain in the @rse. I don't know if I trust some of the download sites that say they can help.

If it's android to android, your google account settings might have options to back things up (and restore on your new phone)

For files Superbeam is also good for android to android.

If you are transferring files from iOS to android or vice versa- apps like Drive, Dropbox ..etc can be handy.

If you're going to windows from android. Microsoft have an app which apparently helps..

If you're going to windows from android. Microsoft have an app which apparently helps..

I recently done this and it was a bugger. I ended up manually transferring all my contacts. Luckily, I don't have many friends so it didn't take too long. It's put me off getting another windows phone in the future

I did it recently going Galaxy s4 > s6. Was expecting it to be a nightmare but was no problem at all, though I might have used the smartswitch thing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

John Gentleman

If all else fails.........a USB SIM card reader.

.......mind you, it took me around 2 hours to comprehend the 'Chinglish' instructions that accompanied it. Even then, I couldn't get it to work.

Lots of Googling, guessing and ingenuity got me there in the end though.

Aah, the benefits of a Scottish edumacation!

Stuart McNeill

If it's android to android.

Use your Google account for contacts, apps etc.

For pictures or anything else use airdroid. You use your wifi signal, put them onto your computer and then onto the new phone. Means you have your back up on the pc as well.

Done. Cheers guys. It was BoomBeach I was most bothered about! Didn't want to start all over again!

all contacts/messages/bookmarks/favourites etc are synced to your google account unless you've turned it off. you can drag and drop media off and on each phone using a computer tablet etc as long as you can connect to it. if you have a SD card you can put all media on it and transfer via that, you can also save contacts to card import/export. you could used NFC near field communication or Bluetooth to send or via wifi

you can save numbers/contacts to sim card and swap that way, it really shouldn't be to difficult.

Archived