Which Tablet to buy

highlandjambo3

highlandjambo3

As the title suggests............

getting the wife a tablet but not sure what to get, was going for hudle 2 but tesco don't make them any more. 

Thought about Fire HD but (my opinion only) looks like they are all about amazon, adds, apps etc....although the jury is not out on that one yet

Wife is not the most technically gifted so I wan't summit simple to set up and use.

I bought my first I phone a cpl months ago and I must admit, its pretty fool proof.

Budget around 250 quid

Any suggestions?

As the title suggests............

getting the wife a tablet but not sure what to get, was going for hudle 2 but tesco don't make them any more. 

Thought about Fire HD but (my opinion only) looks like they are all about amazon, adds, apps etc....although the jury is not out on that one yet

Wife is not the most technically gifted so I wan't summit simple to set up and use.

I bought my first I phone a cpl months ago and I must admit, its pretty fool proof.

Budget around 250 quid

Any suggestions?

Do a search mate, there was a thread very recently about this. 

zoltan socrates

iPad, although I don't particularly subscribe the apple stuff, their tablets are far and away better

If You could save another hunner you could get into the ms surface

The Real Maroonblood

Still hudl2s out there.

Although I have the iPad which is great the wife has the Hudl2 and is pretty good IMO.

If you like the iPhone then get an iPad. If you like android phones get an android tablet. As simple as that. I'm an iPhone user and tried an android tablet but didn't like the OS. I'm sure android users would feel the same about an iPad. It's all about what you feel comfortable with.

If you like the iPhone then get an iPad. If you like android phones get an android tablet. As simple as that. I'm an iPhone user and tried an android tablet but didn't like the OS. I'm sure android users would feel the same about an iPad. It's all about what you feel comfortable with.

This. My sister has an iphone and an ipad, ive had a shot of it and absolutely hate it but i suppose its just what OS you prefer. Ive always had android phones and had a nexus tablet which i thought was brilliant, at half he price. I would imagine you could get a pretty cheap, older, preowned ipad which would be just as good after a factory reset as the newer versions, if cost was a major factor.

iPad, every time. I've had two, and two Android tablets. The Apple one is better in every department. So much easier to use, more apps, keeps going longer. The one thing Android users say is always about customisability. I don't really care if I can make my home screen purple, or whatever launcher there is. I just want the thing to work reliably.

iPad, every time. I've had two, and two Android tablets. The Apple one is better in every department. So much easier to use, more apps, keeps going longer. The one thing Android users say is always about customisability. I don't really care if I can make my home screen purple, or whatever launcher there is. I just want the thing to work reliably.

You don't get a cheap version of the iPad , you do with Android tablets , maybe the Android ones you tried were much cheaper than an iPad ?

You don't get a cheap version of the iPad , you do with Android tablets , maybe the Android ones you tried were much cheaper than an iPad ?

One was (I bought it), one wasn't (work paid for this one!). The expensive one was costlier than my iPad mini, which is perfect for my needs.

I don't have a smartphone, so cannot compare those, but the difference in the tablets is noticeable, including ones that I've used and don't own.

Brighter colours and more vivid images make the Galaxy Tab S our most true-to-life screen yet. In a recent survey*, 7 out of 10 people preferred it to the Apple iPad Air 2. 

I'd agree with the comment about whether you already have android/ iPhone.

I've got an lg gpad and an iPad (work) and I prefer the gpad- it's a fairly mid level tablet from 2013.

One bonus for any android is kodi and showbox.

Still hudl2s out there.

Only ones I could find where on Amazon or eBay. I was a bit suspect about buying off there given its a tesco product.

I already have one but wanted another for a Christmas gift.

Nobody has mentioned the nexus 7 yet so I will. Nifty tablet. Manages to get WiFi signal and maintain it in weak areas of the house when my gf's iPad mini 3 loses it.

highlandjambo3

ok.........................swaying towards an apple 9.7 ipad air 16gb at ?275.99 from amazon..............anyone got one of there??  good points/bad points

The Real Maroonblood

Only ones I could find where on Amazon or eBay. I was a bit suspect about buying off there given its a tesco product.

I already have one but wanted another for a Christmas gift.

I'm sure Tesco Corstophine have them.

ok.........................swaying towards an apple 9.7 ipad air 16gb at ?275.99 from amazon..............anyone got one of there??  good points/bad points

Good choice, but speaking as an iPad user go for the 32gb version.

highlandjambo3

Thanks..........

I was trying to see the difference between the tesco ?319 and Amazon ?275......all i could see was Amazon using iOS7 & Tesco using iOS8.  Is that much of a difference or, just pay the extra for tesco's iOS8?

Stewie Griffin

Thanks..........

I was trying to see the difference between the tesco ?319 and Amazon ?275......all i could see was Amazon using iOS7 & Tesco using iOS8.  Is that much of a difference or, just pay the extra for tesco's iOS8?

No if the iPad you get from Amazon is running iOS 7 just go into the settings app on the iPad once you've set it up and update it to iOS 8 . I upgraded to the iPad Air 2 a few months ago from the iPad 2 and think it's great

This,there's so much stuff that needs to be put on a 16gb that it fills up within 6/7 months at least.

I got a Hudl2 from Tesco Corstorphine a couple of weeks ago. Does everything I need it to, the only thing I don't like is that it does a weird magnification thing on my emails which, despite googling, I can't turn off. Does anyone have any hints?

Got one of those myself the other day, great wee tablet. Did think about the Kindle Fire, as the price just now is good, but the lack of many apps through their store is a big downside (ie. I use NFL Gamepass to watch the NFL, but you can't get it on the Fire, even though it's an Android-based OS)

Got one of those myself the other day, great wee tablet. Did think about the Kindle Fire, as the price just now is good, but the lack of many apps through their store is a big downside (ie. I use NFL Gamepass to watch the NFL, but you can't get it on the Fire, even though it's an Android-based OS)

Yeah, It's one the best , picture quality is brilliant, I don't use it that much though, suppose it will be handy to take on holiday etc.

Archived