Bednar signs for WBA

Guest JamboRobbo

Terrible Trio
It's been reported as 2.5 mill. So a clear 2mill profit. Whether that goes to Hearts or VR I have no idea.

ask roman romanov, he knows

oh wait a minute, he doesnae ken

Charlie-Brown

Andrius Velicka is a bigger loss in terms of actual on-field contribution although Bednar yielded a much bigger contribution to finances & reducing debts.

Guest jackdaddy2008
You have to work for your bonuses, not be on the sick all the time:rolleyes:

He went "on the sick" just after the Celtic game. He had a genuine injury before that which kept him out for a while, Hearts knew about the problem before he signed, because it nearly scuppered the deal in the first place, and had kept him out of first team games before.

I can't remember seeing a better individual Hearts players performance in a match than Bednars against Celtic that day, absolute class act. Lightning quick, clinical, strong, intimidating, Celtic simply couldn't cope, he ran rings round them, and I don't think I have ever seen a Hearts player do that so convincingly against an old firm side before.

He was inconsistent though.

Particularly poor in the final, but I don' think he was fit. Valdas did, but.......

I don't think he was amazing, just don't see why the attitude jibes are fair when he was mucked about and seems to have suddenly adopted a new attitude for WBA?

Pretending everything is all right, won't make it all right.

Lochend Brazil
I recall many folk saying something similar last summer.

Based on what he offered the club over the first two years, yes he was average. He has done well in the first division in England, very much the same as Kenny Miller, who done nothing for Celtic. Like the OP I think he will be found out very much like Garry O. IMO:confused:

Lochend Brazil
He went "on the sick" just after the Celtic game. He had a genuine injury before that which kept him out for a while, Hearts knew about the problem before he signed, because it nearly scuppered the deal in the first place, and had kept him out of first team games before.

I can't remember seeing a better individual Hearts players performance in a match than Bednars against Celtic that day, absolute class act. Lightning quick, clinical, strong, intimidating, Celtic simply couldn't cope, he ran rings round them, and I don't think I have ever seen a Hearts player do that so convincingly against an old firm side before.

He was inconsistent though.

Particularly poor in the final, but I don' think he was fit. Valdas did, but.......

I don't think he was amazing, just don't see why the attitude jibes are fair when he was mucked about and seems to have suddenly adopted a new attitude for WBA?

Pretending everything is all right, won't make it all right.

Callum Elliot the 3-2 game yeha, sheer class.:confused:

I recall many folk saying something similar last summer.

WBA at a canter in the championship,easy pickings for Bednar.

Premiership,he may be lucky to get one or two chances a per game.

Wont break double figures.

Drylaw Hearts

Just like he did this Season I think Bednar will surprise a few folk on here in the EPL.

Lochend Brazil
Just like he did this Season I think Bednar will surprise a few folk on here in the EPL.

I agree also DH. I think RB will suprise a few if he can play five on the bounce.

FTH

chester copperpot

I bet he doesn't.

best player we have had in the last 5 years and he will prove it

I don't know what all this,was he our player or not,or who gets the money,us or kaunaus.

To be honest i think we all know the answer? Craig Gordon was our player and how much did we spend of that fee?.

Hearts player so through our accounts.

Correct through (being the operative word) the accounts however where will it end up?

....... I wonder?

Nelly Terraces

Who cares? Bednar is old news. Look forward, not backwards, Fatty Bednar? Don't even know the geezer.

NT. Gorgie Rules. FTHobos.

tartofmidlothian

Wouldn't it be nice to think that the Gordon, Hartley and Bednar fees (all registered Hearts players, unlike Velicka) will go towards wiping out about a 3rd of our debt? Wouldn't it just.

Good luck though, Bednar. How long before you're joining Rudi in that Czech squad regularly, eh?

Andrius Velicka is a bigger loss in terms of actual on-field contribution although Bednar yielded a much bigger contribution to finances & reducing debts.

Totally disagree.

Velicka's contribution on goals was reasonably good. And his transfer fee presumably pays for all the pyramid players we have had.:dribble:

But he offered nothing else. He couldn't hold the ball up, he couldn't beat players, couldn't head the ball, couldn't pass the ball, didn't have the pace to threaten, didn't make good runs across the defenders off the ball and given his lack of ability defenders found it easy to nick the ball off him.

Bednar was the closest we have had since Adam at working defenders, making the right runs into the channels. He didn't have the best first touch but he had pace and movement which makes it easy for the midfield. He is a big loss. The treatment of him by Hearts was stupid and short sighted. Romanov will no doubt think that he got it right - with a big transfer fee - but favouring Velicka over Bednar in 2006-7 probably cost us a European slot this year. And certainly Bednar's absence this year was a big factor in not getting top six.

Bednar was an excellent striker that suffered from injuries and Vladflu.

He will go on to be an excellent player and we will miss out on that.

We MUST be running out of decent players for VR to sell.

Drylaw Hearts
Bednar was an excellent striker that suffered from injuries and Vladflu.

He will go on to be an excellent player and we will miss out on that.

Agreed.

Charlie-Brown

I think Bednar has a questionable attitude, he's a great player when things are going well, the team is flying and everything is hunky-dory....we have seen this at both Hearts and West Brom but things aren't always like that at football clubs and things cycle between going well and not going well....Bednar's slump at Hearts was at least 50% his own making in my opinion and plenty other players didn't disrespect their own fitness in the way he did....blaming Romanov is just people making excuses for him.

I think Bednar has a questionable attitude, he's a great player when things are going well, the team is flying and everything is hunky-dory....we have seen this at both Hearts and West Brom but things aren't always like that at football clubs and things cycle between going well and not going well....Bednar's slump at Hearts was at least 50% his own making in my opinion and plenty other players didn't disrespect their own fitness in the way he did....blaming Romanov is just people making excuses for him.

I am sure we will find out soon enough. WBA will be struggling in the premiership next season so i fully expect RB to be overweight will a questionable attitude. :rolleyes:

I don't think a shotgun could clear the amount of mince running through you head sometimes charlie.

The club are to be blame 100% for the working conditions the players face every day. Until that happens we will continue to have a huge amount of players leaving under questionable circumstances.

Charlie-Brown
I am sure we will find out soon enough. WBA will be struggling in the premiership next season so i fully expect RB to be overweight will a questionable attitude. :rolleyes:

I don't think a shotgun could clear the amount of mince running through you head sometimes charlie.

The club are to be blame 100% for the working conditions the players face every day. Until that happens we will continue to have a huge amount of players leaving under questionable circumstances.

Neilson, Berra, Craig Gordon, Pospisil, Makela, Driver, Velicka, Karipidis, Zaliukas, Basso etc etc. - all these players face(d) exactly the same working conditions that Bednar did yet they didn't / haven't let their fitness deteriorate to the extent that it took West Brom 3 months to get Bednar fit enough to play - the photographs of him on the first day of pre-season last season show exactly how unfit he was compared to the other players...the Drylaw posters who witnessed this training session said he trailed way behind all the other players on runs etc. If that is not Bednars attitude towards his own fitness then what is it?

Neilson, Berra, Craig Gordon, Pospisil, Makela, Driver, Velicka, Karipidis, Zaliukas, Basso etc etc. - all these players face(d) exactly the same working conditions that Bednar did yet they didn't / haven't let their fitness deteriorate to the extent that it took West Brom 3 months to get Bednar fit enough to play - the photographs of him on the first day of pre-season last season show exactly how unfit he was compared to the other players...the Drylaw posters who witnessed this training session said he trailed way behind all the other players on runs etc. If that is not Bednars attitude towards his own fitness then what is it?

Any of them have the same injuries that Bednar did ?

Spellczech

Bednar used to go out wide too much. He seemed to think he was a winger when he played for us...There were signs that he had quality though and if we?d had competent managers perhaps he could have been developed by Hearts a bit better.

Charlie-Brown
Any of them have the same injuries that Bednar did ?

Many of our players have had injuries including Aguiar who had a very serious ankle injury - he hasn't / didn't become the overweight 'blob' that Fatty Bednar did.

Many of our players have had injuries including Aguiar who had a very serious ankle injury - he hasn't / didn't become the overweight 'blob' that Fatty Bednar did.

Is that the basis of your ridiculous digs at Bednar ? :rolleyes:

With his back to goal Bednar had one of the worst first touches on the ball I've ever seen, even saw one land on the halfway line once, ok when the ball was put in front for him to run onto, but in the EPL the defenders will be as big and as quick as him, we/Vlad got a good deal

Charlie-Brown
Is that the basis of your ridiculous digs at Bednar ? :rolleyes:

What ridiculous digs? He's a good player but we saw a bad side to him at Hearts - that is why I said he has a questionable attitude when things are not going well either for the team or him personally.

Thank you Roman for that goal against der hun, the assault by big Marv seemed to finish it for him never the same player again, anyway onwards and ahem upwards. NEXT!

He seemed to think he was a winger when he played for us.

No, I think someone else thought he should be a winger. Under Burley he played through the middle.

Guest JamboRobbo
Totally disagree.

Velicka's contribution on goals was reasonably good. And his transfer fee presumably pays for all the pyramid players we have had.:dribble:

But he offered nothing else. He couldn't hold the ball up, he couldn't beat players, couldn't head the ball, couldn't pass the ball, didn't have the pace to threaten, didn't make good runs across the defenders off the ball and given his lack of ability defenders found it easy to nick the ball off him.

Bednar was the closest we have had since Adam at working defenders, making the right runs into the channels. He didn't have the best first touch but he had pace and movement which makes it easy for the midfield. He is a big loss. The treatment of him by Hearts was stupid and short sighted. Romanov will no doubt think that he got it right - with a big transfer fee - but favouring Velicka over Bednar in 2006-7 probably cost us a European slot this year. And certainly Bednar's absence this year was a big factor in not getting top six.

Spot on as usual Coco.

Guest jackdaddy2008
Neilson, Berra, Craig Gordon, Pospisil, Makela, Driver, Velicka, Karipidis, Zaliukas, Basso etc etc. - all these players face(d) exactly the same working conditions that Bednar did yet they didn't / haven't let their fitness deteriorate

Except only one of them can actually run properly for 90 minutes.

Archived