Thread Idea - Greatest XI of all Time?

Bert Le Clos

Bit of inspiration from the thread about the top 5 players of all time, I'm sure everyone has debated the greatest world 11 of all time.

This one would take a bit of work and time to sort out, but the idea would be each week I'd start a thread where JKB posters could nominate a player who they consider worthy of a place in the greatest team of all time. Starting with GK and moving through the team until we finish with the centre forward.

You'd be able to nominate players from Mon-Thurs say, then on Friday I'd create another thread with a poll including the 10 players who received the most nominations. Obviously the player with the most votes from the poll makes it into the team.

I'm not sure if it's been done before, but at the end we'd have the "ofishul" JKB World XI of all time. Just a bit of fun but I'd be interested to see who makes it in. It might be slightly biased towards the younger generation but there's plenty old sods on here to even it up by voting for players from the 50's and 60's :lol:

The only difficulty would be choosing a formation that gives the most "world class" players the chance of making it in.

I'd be inclined to go for a 4-3-3 with a defensive mid, 2 more attacking central midfielders, two wingers/supporting strikers and a main striker.

Thoughts? If it's a goer I'll start the nomination thread for GK's on Monday.

Archived