Train Crash - Uphall

Erik

Surprised this didn't get a mention on here last night?!

Pretty crazy stuff! Impressed that only one minor injury came of this - surely a miracle it didn't end up much worse?!?! There was another picture doing the rounds last night with the remains of the pickup wedged under the front of the train - how it didn't derail i'll never know!!

Strong suggestions that the truck was placed on the track deliberately. If that's the case then I hope whoever is responsible has the book thrown at them and then some - that's just next level stupidity.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/train-crashes-car-track-west-6635418

I read that it was stolen and was being pursued by police. Not sure how much truth is in that though.

I get the train on this line every week day. I decided to get the Glasgow Central train and got picked up at a West Calder, I'm glad I did after hearing some horror stories at the station today, people not getting home till 9pm and the likes.

Glad there were no serious injuries and hope they caught the eejits who put the car on the line.

kingantti1874

Apparently some teens responsible... Hopefully an attempted murder charge and lime lengthy jail time on the way when caught.

I was stranded at Uphall Station last night. Eventually got a lift to Broxburn and a bus from there into Edinburgh.

I hope however is responsible is caught and does some serious time. As has been said earlier a lot of people could have been seriously hurt or worse.

AlphonseCapone

What kind of person would do that? Like no matter how hard I try I just can't get what on earth is in your head to do that.

Could have been an absolute tragedy.

I was sitting on the 1718 train to blackridge last night waiting to get back out to my folks. A guy next to me then said he had a message that there was a van on the line and they were waiting on it to be cleared. We waited for another 10 minutes then the guard came round telling is that a van was blocking the line and it could be up to a couple of hours before the line was clear. Me and the missus went for a quick scran before making up our mind as the only option other than waiting was to get the train to Glasgow, then get the Bathgate train from there.

When we got back we were told to get the Dunblane train and a bus would pick us up from Edinburgh park and tale is to Bathgate. Half nine by the time we got out here.

I hope the little ******* gets caught, if not already, as this could have been a whole lot worse than me being 3 and a half hours late. It's a miracle nobody was seriously injured

I was sitting on the 1718 train to blackridge last night waiting to get back out to my folks. A guy next to me then said he had a message that there was a van on the line and they were waiting on it to be cleared. We waited for another 10 minutes then the guard came round telling is that a van was blocking the line and it could be up to a couple of hours before the line was clear. Me and the missus went for a quick scran before making up our mind as the only option other than waiting was to get the train to Glasgow, then get the Bathgate train from there.

When we got back we were told to get the Dunblane train and a bus would pick us up from Edinburgh park and tale is to Bathgate. Half nine by the time we got out here.

I hope the little ******* gets caught, if not already, as this could have been a whole lot worse than me being 3 and a half hours late. It's a miracle nobody was seriously injured

Why did you not just get the service bus?

I was on this train last night.  Left Waverley at 4.39 and I got home at 8.30.  Emergency services were on the scene fairly quickly.  Passengers weren't provided with a whole lot of information, but in the grand scheme of things, the incident could have been a lot worse.  No one was seriously injured.  The train stayed on the tracks.  Getting home late, while frustrating, was a minor inconvenience compared to what might have been.

Evening News confirming the vehicle was stolen and that police are looking for two young males in connection with it.

Suggestion now is that the hilux rolled down the embankment and landed on its roof on the track - I guess the only saving grace here is that that would suggest it wasn't a deliberate act, not that that makes it much better mind you.

Archived