under 21's vs Iceland

maroonnicky63

maroonnicky63

Does anyone know if there will be any stream for the Scotland game in Aberdeen tonight apparently it's a 5.45 kick off. ??

Don't think it is on TV. BT are showing England U21, Sky showing Euro 2016 qualifiers. Online stream would be nice if it's being covered somehow.

5 Hearts players start!

Billy King and Fulton in for Slater and the suspended Gauld.

Hamilton

Paterson Kingsley McGhee Hyam

McGinn Fulton King

Cummings Nicholson Christie

Subs Fulton (GK) Findlay Fraser Love Shankland McManus Telfer

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Finished 0 0 thankfully work got in the way of this one. Ordinary few days for the young Scots

Iceland keeper saved them it seems

looking grim already though in terms of (not) qualifying

Iceland beat France already, another boost for their good development, support for the game unlike some countries

still good experience for our guys

Iceland keeper saved them it seems

looking grim already though in terms of (not) qualifying

Iceland beat France already, another boost for their good development, support for the game unlike some countries

still good experience for our guys

Still plenty time, only played 3 games.

The 21s need to do something the big team has failed to do...win against the poorer sides!

They still have Macedonia and Ukraine to play twice and N.I. once. Got to be looking at winning all 5 to have a chance!!

Sorry for taking this away on a tangent but I didn't think it merited it's own thread and this thread just reminded me...

I noticed the minutes silence for those killed in the Ankara bombings was very poorly observed in the Turkey vs Iceland game tonight. Any idea why this would be the case when it was fellow Turks that were murdered? 

Video-

https://twitter.com/mutludc/status/654051273109565441?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Sorry for taking this away on a tangent but I didn't think it merited it's own thread and this thread just reminded me...

I noticed the minutes silence for those killed in the Ankara bombings was very poorly observed in the Turkey vs Iceland game tonight. Any idea why this would be the case when it was fellow Turks that were murdered? 

Video-

https://twitter.com/mutludc/status/654051273109565441?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

At a guess, the rally which was attacked by the bombers was protesting about the Turkish army's renewed crackdown operations against the PKK (the Kurdish independence fighters in Turkey) and was therefore presumably largely left-wing and pro-Kurdish. That particular cause probably doesn't find much favour with right-wing, ultra-nationalistic, fans of the Turkish team. I don't know what proportion of their support comes under this category, but I assume it will be at least enough to disrupt seriously a minutes silence...

Video-

?? I thought it was Scotland playing Iceland .

Accoring to the match report on the SFA website, the Scotland team played well and were a bit unlucky to lose.  Favourable mentions for Hamilton, Nicholson and King. 

Would hope they all did enough to keep their places.  I think it's great that we had 5 starting.

Archived