Jack Ross leaves Hearts (title updated)

Fort Vallance

Fort Vallance

Apologies if I've missed something on here. Just back from holiday and saw it on the EEN website. I can't see anything on here, has it been discussed ?

King Of The Cat Cafe

You mean you have not trawled through all the threads you missed? Not a proper kickbacker. ;)

(Yes, it did attract a post or two.)

He has been asked to take a leave of absence by the club whilst he considers his future.

Think others were alluding the the fact he may have been chasing another job or something.

Fort Vallance

Cheers guys. I went back a couple of pages. Thought it was important enough to have had the odd bump.

lost in space

I saw that the "Gossip" on BBC has quoted the Sun (I know) - Steven Frail earmarked as Jack Ross replacement.   Frail has been coaching at Celtic.- but I see from Wiki (I know, I know) he left there on 1st September.

I saw that the "Gossip" on BBC has quoted the Sun (I know) - Steven Frail earmarked as Jack Ross replacement. Frail has been coaching at Celtic.- but I see from Wiki (I know, I know) he left there on 1st September.

Any excuse to post this again f57ffd4138df16b692e6a2de9bbe8f9e.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Is anyone aware of the reasons why he is 'considering his future' ? 

Or does answering venture into defamatory territory? - Don't want to get anyone in trouble

PM ? 

Edit: If Darren Murray doesn't return to gorgie atop a white steed Neilson GTF

I take it some people are in the know as regards the circumstances of Jack Ross' departure.  A pm perhaps chaps?

We_are_the_Hearts

Bit disappointed the actual reason wasn't given in that statement. Think the fans deserve to know.

Bit disappointed the actual reason wasn't given in that statement. Think the fans deserve to know.

I can't agree, what happens between employer and employee shouldn't be in the public domain, the club could get sued for something like that

Maroon Sailor

Probably personal differences

I can't agree, what happens between employer and employee shouldn't be in the public domain, the club could get sued for something like that

Correct. There may also be a confidentiality agreement, which is common practice, and not exclusive to the Vlad regime.

Don't deserve to know anything. Don't need to know anything.

Rudolf's Mate

Are people really that interested to know? Gies a PM :lol:

Just for the avoidance of doubt. I'm not actually asking for a PM!

This is why fan ownership will be majestic

We_are_the_Hearts

Oh you get the point. We deserve to know everything.........

To be transparent to the supporters (not just FoH) we could get to know why employees suddenly depart the club yes or even on who's terms it was. Not exactly the same as picking the manager or the team like some seem to think is what FoH is about. So get off yer wee high horse son

itsnomarooned

I assume there's been plenty threads which all turned into a bitchfest meaning they've all been deleted???

That's what I assumed but can't see any.  Bit surprised as this seems quite big news to me.  If our management/coaching philosophy is one where we groom the successor from within the ranks then I assume that Jack Ross was viewed as a natural replacement for Neilson.  I'd be quite interested to know what has happened to change this.

Saying that I don't actually subscribe to the we need to know everything about everything so hard to reconcile the two!

Not just that but also it's none of our business.

I'm going to sound like an auld fart - but this is the problem with the world today.

Things that are not hugely important become stupidly important with people demanding x, y and z.

All you lot under about 30 have got such a ridiculous sense of entitlement it is scary. The worst bit about entitlement complexes is that it is a contagion.

We are changing our U20s coach - big fecking whoopee do.

Its vaguely interesting but get a grip. This is an employer - employee situation, we have no right whatsoever to any information, and rightly so.

I'm going to sound like an auld fart - but this is the problem with the world today.

Things that are not hugely important become stupidly important with people demanding x, y and z.

All you lot under about 30 have got such a ridiculous sense of entitlement it is scary. The worst bit about entitlement complexes is that it is a contagion.

Its vaguely interesting but get a grip. This is an employer - employee situation, we have no right whatsoever to any information, and rightly so.

Spot on, you can count me in the geriatric flatulence club too

so that will be shaggy and whoopee do then? :tiny: :tiny:

Winston Ingram

I don't buy the "we need to know" stuff but what is interesting is that the club statement doesn't quote Jack Ross at all. No "thanks to Hearts for the opportunity, I'm proud of what I have done, I'm sad to leave blah blah"... Something like this would be normal but my reading of that is that he hasn't exactly left of his own accord. 

I don't buy the "we need to know" stuff but what is interesting is that the club statement doesn't quote Jack Ross at all. No "thanks to Hearts for the opportunity, I'm proud of what I have done, I'm sad to leave blah blah"... Something like this would be normal but my reading of that is that he hasn't exactly left of his own accord. 

Think the fact that he was 'absent from training at the club?s request' says it all really.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-coach-jack-ross-takes-break-to-consider-future-1-3912912

Only ever going to be one outcome after that.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-confirm-departure-of-coach-jack-ross-1-3915590

Son Of Anarchy

I couldn't care less. Hopefully now results will improve. I didn't expect CL to phone and ask my opinion so thanks,bye next!

Apologies if I've missed something on here. Just back from holiday and saw it on the EEN website. I can't see anything on here, has it been discussed ?

jack ross -----he is away now, bbc website

Jambof3tornado

Who exactly was touting Jack to take over when Robbie moved on? Just wondered if it was a thing mentioned on jkb that suddenly was taken as fact. Changing u20 coaches really isnt a big deal but if he was our DOFs next manager in the making it makes the decision to part company even stranger.

well said fella!

:bravo:

Bungalow Bill

Who exactly was touting Jack to take over when Robbie moved on? Just wondered if it was a thing mentioned on jkb that suddenly was taken as fact. Changing u20 coaches really isnt a big deal but if he was our DOFs next manager in the making it makes the decision to part company even stranger.

Aye for some reason folk on here thought that Ross would jump Crawford should Robbie ever move on. Didn't think that myself. I thought everyone would move up a position, assuming Robbie didn't take Crawford with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's weird that in an age of newspapers, tv, radio, Internet, fan forums, social media...

No one has the slightest inkling what happened. Not that I'm all that bothered.

Teuchterjambo

Aye for some reason folk on here thought that Ross would jump Crawford should Robbie ever move on. Didn't think that myself. I thought everyone would move up a position, assuming Robbie didn't take Crawford with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be astounded and more than a little concerned if Neilsons replacement came from within the clubs existing coaching staff ... time and development may change my opinion on that but I doubt it.

That is unles a certain Mr Levein fancies the gig and that would not surprise me one little bit.

It's weird that in an age of newspapers, tv, radio, Internet, fan forums, social media...

No one has the slightest inkling what happened. Not that I'm all that bothered.

So why bump this back up?

So why bump this back up?

I was almost tempted to pre-empt this pishy question at the end of my post. I didn't and it gave you the opportunity to make this memorable post.

I think I'll bookmark this page and nominate you for 'poster of the year' in December. I look forward to reading more of your contributions to JKB in the coming years.

Ross was a Levein appt and Crawford is Robbies assistant, chosen by him with Leveins approval I assume. So I assumed u20s coach is next in line in our system with Robbie and Crawford moving on as a team like most manager/assistants.

Archived