Whatever Happened to Bruce Rioch

Guest GhostHunter

Guest GhostHunter

Bolton's "Best Ever" Manager as voted for by the fans..

Wasn't he in negotiations/discussions with VR at the end of December ?

:D

Do you know something or are you muddying waters?

Or is this for the Director's Cut box set edition widescreen subtitled release?

Guest GhostHunter
Wasn't that a Banderson "exclusive" though (i.e. pash?)

Nah - didnt it come from a Danish newspaper courtesy of yon Scandianavian member who posts about Eggert ?

Guest GhostHunter
Do you know something or are you muddying waters?

Or is this for the Director's Cut box set edition widescreen subtitled release?

Way I see it...

Generally Speaking, I Would Imagine Hearts are reading the board just now, so the more realistic names that get put out there, we're bound to hit the motherload..

Then again, maybe not.

This thread is indeed the Directors Cut, unrated Box set edition.

Way I see it...

Hearts are reading the board just now, so the more realistic names that get put out there, we're bound to hit the motherload..

Then again, maybe not.

This thread is indeed the Directors Cut, unrated Box set edition.

All the more reason for Mr Mann to meet us and listen to what we have to say especially about this!

At the very least if it all went pear shaped we would all have to take collective responsibility!:P

shaun.lawson
Bolton's "Best Ever" Manager as voted for by the fans..

Wasn't he in negotiations/discussions with VR at the end of December ?

:D

I like Rioch. He did a much better job at Norwich than he was given credit for, and ended up being treated scandalously and a victim of, in effect, constructive dismissal by Delia and chums. He then got Wigan straight into a challenging position, only for Dave Whelan to sack him ludicrously prematurely too - and all this after doing perfectly OK at Arsenal, and getting the bullet there too!

All that said though, and being aware that he's done well with Odense, I think something changed in him either immediately after Arsenal, or while he was at Norwich. The obvious passion and fire which Bolton and Boro fans loved in him seemed to fade - he became much more detached, much less demanding of the very best, it seemed to me. In that sense, however much I like him, I think his best years are well behind him, and would like to see us look elsewhere - but if JJ's a safe pair of hands, then so, really, is BR as well.

Archived