Flats to Rent in Edinburgh

PapaShango

PapaShango

Hey there folks!! I am thinking about relocating from the Borders up to the big smoke and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice about flats to rent? I am looking for a 2 bedroom flat, max prob about ?690 per month. Any advice on the decent places to stay and the not so good ones would be appreciated!!

Pilton, Drylaw, Muirhouse, Granton.

These are the top notch places in Edinburgh.

But, try and get somewhere in Niddrie if you can.

You won't regret it :)

Out of interest, where in the Borders are you relocating from?

I moved to Newington in 2006, I higly recommend somewhere up there if you can.

Plenty of buses, close to the centre, plenty of places to eat, shops, pubs, etc right on your doorstep.

You could do a lot worse.

PapaShango

Galashiels. Am looking for a new job and have a couple of interviews lined up so hopefully get sorted by the end of the summer.

Polworth aint too expensive plus it's close to Tynecastle and town.

I stay on Thistle Street just behind George St, slap bang in the centre of town. It's a really good flat and my rent is only ?250 a month. I got it through Rettie so they maybe see what they've got to offer.

If you like really studenty areas try Marchmont and Newington.

Leith's not a bad place to live either.

flecktimus
Polworth aint too expensive plus it's close to Tynecastle and town.

I stay on Thistle Street just behind George St, slap bang in the centre of town. It's a really good flat and my rent is only ?250 a month. I got it through Rettie so they maybe see what they've got to offer.

If you like really studenty areas try Marchmont and Newington.

Leith's not a bad place to live either.

?250 PCM:eek:

?250 PCM:eek:

Council tax is ?60 a month - not sure if that's a lot but I think I get a reasonable deal :)

PapaShango

250 a month sounds cheap, how many rooms is that for?

I quite liked the new flats they built behind Easter Rd, just a pity about the view tho! Am not really fussed where am based, I'll more than likely be based city centre for work so somewhere I can commute pretty easily and has some parking would be an advantage.

250 a month sounds cheap, how many rooms is that for?

I quite liked the new flats they built behind Easter Rd, just a pity about the view tho! Am not really fussed where am based, I'll more than likely be based city centre for work so somewhere I can commute pretty easily and has some parking would be an advantage.

3 bedrooms plus a sizeable living room so it's ?750 in total. Parking is a nightmare but then I dinnae have a car.

Parking is also terrible up in Marchmont so bear that in mind.

Out of interest, where in the Borders are you relocating from?

I moved to Newington in 2006, I higly recommend somewhere up there if you can.

Plenty of buses, close to the centre, plenty of places to eat, shops, pubs, etc right on your doorstep.

You could do a lot worse.

Also Im near by :)

Hey there folks!! I am thinking about relocating from the Borders up to the big smoke and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice about flats to rent? I am looking for a 2 bedroom flat, max prob about ?690 per month. Any advice on the decent places to stay and the not so good ones would be appreciated!!

A friend of mine is about to rent out a nice 2-bedroomed flat on London Road just round the corner from Easter Road (regrettably!). ?625 per month, just a mile or so from Princes Street with loads of buses into town.

Let me know if you might be interested. My wife's a Terie so I won't tell her I'm helping out someone from Gala.......;)

my sisters flat in stenhouse is going up for rent, which fufills the 2 bedroom thing and its only 10 minutes by bus into city centre and about 5 minutes by bus to tynie...

LizzyHearts2

Is the ?690 per mth on rent alone? or does that include all bills???? If it's on rent alone, u'd be better off buying a house as a mortgage wud be a lot less.....as long as u don't self certify urself...then ur in deep doo doo.......

coppercrutch
Is the ?690 per mth on rent alone? or does that include all bills???? If it's on rent alone, u'd be better off buying a house as a mortgage wud be a lot less.....as long as u don't self certify urself...then ur in deep doo doo.......

You can have ?10,000 if you can prove that. Seriously. In fact you can have all the cash I have. EVERYTHING.

We can meet a Lawyer and get the contract signed.

Let's do it. I am up for it. Put your money where your mouth is. :rolleyes:

PS. People in this country are seriously delusional. I have been saying this for years. Now it seems they are desperately trying to prove it. ;)

LizzyHearts2
You can have ?10,000 if you can prove that. Seriously. In fact you can have all the cash I have. EVERYTHING.

We can meet a Lawyer and get the contract signed.

Let's do it. I am up for it. Put your money where your mouth is. :rolleyes:

PS. People in this country are seriously delusional. I have been saying this for years. Now it seems they are desperately trying to prove it. ;)

Dunno where that comment came from, i am merely pointing out that the market is good for buying property right now.....but, if u don't have the savings then i guess it's tuff! i live in rented accomm myself, have done for 13 yrs...and no i don't earn bucket loads and i will not self certify myself on a mortgage application as it will bite me on the bum eventually, i see it everyday in the job i do!!! I am very much not delusional...trust me on that score!!!

coppercrutch
Dunno where that comment came from, i am merely pointing out that the market is good for buying property right now.....but, if u don't have the savings then i guess it's tuff! i live in rented accomm myself, have done for 13 yrs...and no i don't earn bucket loads and i will not self certify myself on a mortgage application as it will bite me on the bum eventually, i see it everyday in the job i do!!! I am very much not delusional...trust me on that score!!!

Apologies. Thought you were amongst the delusional "property is everything" bandwagon.

Clearly not. :)

LizzyHearts2
Apologies. Thought you were amongst the delusional "property is everything" bandwagon.

Clearly not. :)

No way! how can u guarantee that the properties that r rented out will give u guaranteed income? U can't. I believe in having a home. All i need is a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in...and to be honest, if u took all the other luxuries away from me, i wud not miss it. i mb wud miss my music and my books! i was brought up to budget within my means and save for what i really want. I am one of the very few!!

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I just rented off Gumtree (private landlord)

I looked at renting off agents but they want some of my hard earned just to let me see places (no danger)

Theres plenty of rental places on gumtree just going to prove how buggered the whole buy to let market is

I got a two bedroomed lower colony flat with a garden of Leith links for ?595 pcm

winston churchill
I just rented off Gumtree (private landlord)

I looked at renting off agents but they want some of my hard earned just to let me see places (no danger)

Theres plenty of rental places on gumtree just going to prove how buggered the whole buy to let market is

I got a two bedroomed lower colony flat with a garden of Leith links for ?595 pcm

get yerself in the bottom shop for a few beers,plenty jambos;)

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

You can rent my place if you want mate. 1 catch though, you need to take on the missus. Its someone elses turn, i've had enough. Life's too ****ing short!!!

winston churchill
You can rent my place if you want mate. 1 catch though, you need to take on the missus. Its someone elses turn, i've had enough. Life's too ****ing short!!!

fancy a swapsey.

mines a size 10, dark hair ,35 but talks and farts in her sleep.

Archived