Vaping at the game

Regal Kingston

Regal Kingston

I was at the Scotland game last night and three rows in front of me was a guy and his dad who were both vaping for more or less the whole game.

I understand it's not as bad as smoke but some of these contraptions are huge and let off incredible clouds of vapour, possibly three times the smoke you get from a cigarette. The son especially was letting off clouds that for a few brief seconds you actually struggled to see through. It had a horrible hazelnut smell that was not pleasant.

A lot of smokers happily take a break for 45/90 minutes while these grotty *******s go into overdrive as they are 'nervous'. It's also sticking it to the smokers who are abstaining for the sake of non-smokers.

I actually wouldn't mind a normal vaporiser used sparingly but some of these things are like mobile hookas.

Get them banned nationwide.

I think they are already banned in some EPL grounds.

Good Ship Albion

You can't vape inside Tynecastle. It's the same rules for fags, only the designated smoking area.  :smoking:  

3fingersreid

You can't vape inside Tynecastle. It's the same rules for fags, only the designated smoking area. :smoking:

Is that correct ?

Guy in front of me has a few puffs of one during the game , the very same guy who complained about a wee laddie shouting at the game on Saturday and who accidentally landed a couple of bits of spit on his baldy bounce , I'd love it to be correct that he shouldn't be using this device

Jambof3tornado

Guy near us at hamilton was vaping,caramel flavour.

I'd have killed someone for a werthers original!!!

Good Ship Albion

Is that correct ?

Guy in front of me has a few puffs of one during the game , the very same guy who complained about a wee laddie shouting at the game on Saturday and who accidentally landed a couple of bits of spit on his baldy bounce , I'd love it to be correct that he shouldn't be using this device

Aye. I myself vape and the steward on Saturday came up to my seat to tell me that I can't in fact vape inside the ground. No a big deal, it's only 45 minutes.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Must have been pretty bad because loads of folk vape near me at Tynie and it never bothers me in the slightest. I'm usually just glad that I'm not inhaling their deadly cyanide and formaldehyde riddled fag smoke tbh.

Don't get why vaping should be banned, it's only vapour. I myself do not smoke, but any one wanting to get a quick fix with a sly vape doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Nothing wrong with it imo, I've got one but don't puff it constantly, you're not actually allowed to puff them in the ground I've had stewards warning me a few times and i nearly got launched out of the aviva for doing it.

Regal Kingston

Don't get why vaping should be banned, it's only vapour. I myself do not smoke, but any one wanting to get a quick fix with a sly vape doesn't bother me in the slightest.

If people were to have a sly vape from time to time using a normal vaporiser it wouldn't bother me either but the technology for the vaporisers has really taken off.

Two guys creating clouds of vapour constantly for 90 minutes was not a nice experience.

And that's coming from a smoker.

Meh.

Should have just had a sly word and asked him to knock it on the head.

Not a smoker but vaping does not bother me in the slightest. If it did i would just ask the guy or women to politly stop.

Hearts' policy is no smoking anywhere in the ground, and that includes use of e-cigs.  The problem for stewards is that they can't tell the difference between smoke and vapour from a distance.  I use e-cigs but manage to sit through a full game without using it.  Like a walking fog bank to and from the game, though.

As vaping has only been around for a short time there really isnt any long term awareness of their impact on health that aside people creating clouds of smoke to block my view at the football can f$%"? right off for the sheer annoyance.

ItsGotToBe40Yards

There was almost a bit of a scrap last season at the Cowdenbeath 10-0 when some guys vape smoke started covering folks face. If smokers can go 45-90 so can vapers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's burn books too, and I think the Star of David would make a lovely fashion accessory.

am I stupid but are you equating asking vapers to be banned to nazi ideology?

AlphonseCapone

Let's burn books too, and I think the Star of David would make a lovely fashion accessory.

Haha wit?!

AlphonseCapone

I'm a vapist but a respectable one, they fan dans who blow out hug clouds of smoke are going to ruin it for everyone.

I wouldn't try to tell anyone this while drunk if I was you.

mahgrassyshoes

Generally, I wouldn't mind the vaping but the flavoured ones are minging and the boy in front of me puffs it incessantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the jambo poet

Guy near us at hamilton was vaping,caramel flavour.

I'd have killed someone for a werthers original!!!

Brilliant !!

I've recently stopped smoking - been 5 weeks now and I think these things are great and you get every flavour conceivable!! Maybe politely ask the "vapist" to get a flavour you don't mind!!

Nah seriously they should be able to wait until half time to have a puff !!! You do get some devices that create a wall of smoke.

Getintaethem

am I stupid but are you equating asking vapers to be banned to nazi ideology?

No, but having read the OP I thought this was the overreacting and exaggerating thread.

The polish fans were lost in a haze of pyrotechnics and flares, heaven forbid anyone vapes in the home end though!

I've always been a staunch anti smoking advocate but I don't know why but when I see folk vaping into there massive walkie talkies it just makes me cringe.

The Great Khali

I sit beside a creepy wee ***** in N who vapes. It's Mingin and it makes him look even creepier than normal.

I saw him use it in his nose once to impress his Mates. Weirdo.

In a stadium I find vaping irritating. Someone having a puff at half time in the stand, fine, but during the game is distracting and as the OP says it can briefly block out action on the pitch. 

I'm a vapist but a respectable one, they fan dans who blow out hug clouds of smoke are going to ruin it for everyone.

Agreed.  Get those dobbers tae feck.

Archived