We have a dream

daveyhmfc

Just heard this song on radio Scotland. Still gives me goosebumps to this day. Best Scotland song in my opinion. None of this 500 miles crap.

Finlay James

I still have this song on vinyl, as you say, the best football song by a mile

It's on my "pished up and wanting to sing" list of youtube gotos..

World Cup 82' ,Espana.. We were living in Dortmund at the time... Great memories.. :)

...a bit disco

Me too.

Signed by Danny McGrain and Alan Rough!

Teuchterjambo

Just heard this song on radio Scotland. Still gives me goosebumps to this day. Best Scotland song in my opinion. None of this 500 miles crap.

Great song that people could identify with and really broke the mold of football songs. Still rate it the best of all time and brings back great memories of the trip to the World Cup in Spain  .... if only Willie Miller and Alan Hansen had kept out of each others road then my decision to stay 3 weeks would have been justied !

Great song that people could identify with and really broke the mold of football songs. Still rate it the best of all time and brings back great memories of the trip to the World Cup in Spain  .... if only Willie Miller and Alan Hansen had kept out of each others road then my decision to stay 3 weeks would have been justied !

People could identify with and have a laugh/joke/poke fun at Scotland in a good way back then...

I remember when Del Amitri released "Don't come home too soon" for France 98 I said to my mate "we'll never qualify for another one after this as the songs are just too pish noo.."..

Been proved right I think..

SwindonJambo

Sales were so strong that it got well into the top 10 in the UK, enabling the 15 yo me to buy it locally here, having moved South with my family the year before. Remember singing along to it with my wee brother and sister. For my money, the pick of some very cheesy World Cup songs. Did we even have one for 1986 ?

Sales were so strong that it got well into the top 10 in the UK, enabling the 15 yo me to buy it locally here, having moved South with my family the year before. Remember singing along to it with my wee brother and sister. For my money, the pick of some very cheesy World Cup songs. Did we even have one for 1986 ?

I believe it was called something like "We're on the big trip to Mexico". That was some of the lyrics anyway.

Fitzroy Pointon

People could identify with and have a laugh/joke/poke fun at Scotland in a good way back then...

I remember when Del Amitri released "Don't come home too soon" for France 98 I said to my mate "we'll never qualify for another one after this as the songs are just too pish noo.."..

Been proved right I think..

I was doing work experience in HMV in Argyll Street when Del Amitri did the signing for that song. My job was to staple the posters to the boards to sit behind them and I felt ashamed to be doing it. Didnt even stay for their performance of it because it was an awful tune.

I shudder to think who would do the song for us if we qualified again. Amy Mcdonald!!!

I was doing work experience in HMV in Argyll Street when Del Amitri did the signing for that song. My job was to staple the posters to the boards to sit behind them and I felt ashamed to be doing it. Didnt even stay for their performance of it because it was an awful tune.

I shudder to think who would do the song for us if we qualified again. Amy Mcdonald!!!

Biffy. Nap.

Frightened rabbit, franz Ferdinand or biffy would be decent shouts!

The b side iirc was horrific "wrap up the cup"or something.

alwaysthereinspirit

1974 one best, "Easy Easy".

EDIT - link

Look at that team compared to the dross we have tonight.

Would anyone tonight replace one of those in that era?

My favourite football song is ole ola, Rod stewart 78 world cup

Great memories.

Snap. Vivid memories of it being on all the time in a heaving Students' Union in Aberdeen during the brief period when our hopes were alive.

Fitzroy Pointon

Look at that team compared to the dross we have tonight.

Would anyone tonight replace one of those in that era?

Simply put, no.

Good song i mind some old fella in dublin (carling cup) giving me pish for saying james mcfadden instead of john robertson. Auld basturt.

glastonbury jambo

Good song for Scotland, but the best football song ever is World in Motion, and that's the bottom line.

simply ...no!

glastonbury jambo

Comfortable choice, nothing compares. Three Lions would be a cracking alternative though.

meh!... pure faggery .

We're making the big trip, to Mex-ico,

The World Cup is waiting, we're set to go,

We've reached the finals, FOUR-IN-A-ROW

Stand up, Scotland, here we go.

Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh oh-oh.......

We'll never see a third line like that in a song again I wouldn't have thought!!! :)

The b side iirc was horrific "wrap up the cup"or something.

I liked it. Wrap up, wrap up the cup, gonna take it home. BA Robertson?

Archived