U20s Dundee Utd @ Stenny 7.30pm Mon 5th Oct

Mikey1874

Zanatta seems to be very influential in the U20s at the moment as if he is settling in very well. Pushing for a first team place soon?

Long way off from what I have heard.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...a bit disco

What we thinking then, should I cash out before we take the big boys off?

Pattern of the game hasn't changed in the 2nd half stat wise.

What we thinking then, should I cash out before we take the big boys off?

Djoum and Reilly played 90 minutes last week, Swanson 75

Heart of Midlothian ?@JamTarts ? 24 secs25 seconds ago ? Edinburgh, Scotland

75. Great double save by Mason to deny Coote who raced clear on goal.

79. Hearts sub: Callumn Morrison replaces Zanatta, who has had a fine game on the left wing.

Some of the Jack Ross bashing is cringing. Even for JKB these days

Don't think anyone on this thread is serious mate. More a reference to some on this board who think results reflect Jack Ross' job as youth coach.

Last season was tough due to the gap in youngsters who broke in the first team and those pushing into the under 20's. This season that gap has been somewhat bridged by the fact we have a bigger first team squad.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Is it just me but do people prefer to seek the negative?

Zannata sounds like a prospect

We_are_the_Hearts

Is it just me but do people prefer to seek the negative?

Zannata sounds like a prospect

I wasnt impressed at Stirling but to be fair that was a few months ago and he has had that time with full training. The boy Moore impressed me more that night but he seems to have had a lot of niggly injuries

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I wasnt impressed at Stirling but to be fair that was a few months ago and he has had that time with full training. The boy Moore impressed me more that night but he seems to have had a lot of niggly injuries

Not seen either to be honest. Heard good things about Moore. Zanatta seems to be mentioned a lot and positively in match reports

Footballfirst

It was an odd sort of a game with both sides having about the same amount of possession, but Hearts experience in Swanson and Arnaud gave them the edge.

Hearts passed up a fair number of chances by trying to play the perfect pass rather than shoot.  Gavin Reilly looks is if he is lacking confidence in his own ability to score goals. Buchanan and Zanatta also missed good opportunities.  United's keeper had a few decent stops in the first half.

Equally so, United's shooting was pretty poor, but the probably deserved at least one goal on the basis of the chances they had in the second half.

I thought that Djoum was our best player with decent contributions from Zanatta and Baur.

shonerbaird69

Well done to Hearts under 20,s coach Liam Fox on securing their first under 20,s win in a very longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time 1 win from 1 game so far, maybe CL should  promote this guy into the position full time as jack ross,s record of  PLAYED 43 , WON 8 , LOST 27 , DRAWN 8 , CONCEDING 106 GOALS SCORING ONLY 56 GOALS last season and this season so far is truly abysmal how this guy can still be in a job is beyond belief if he was an spl mananger he would have been sacked long ago   

Winston Ingram

Well done to Hearts under 20,s coach Liam Fox on securing their first under 20,s win in a very longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time 1 win from 1 game so far, maybe CL should  promote this guy into the position full time as jack ross,s record of  PLAYED 43 , WON 8 , LOST 27 , DRAWN 8 , CONCEDING 106 GOALS SCORING ONLY 56 GOALS last season and this season so far is truly abysmal how this guy can still be in a job is beyond belief if he was an spl mananger he would have been sacked long ago   

Who on earth knows such stats for a reserve coach??! (If even correct!)

jamboinglasgow

Well done to Hearts under 20,s coach Liam Fox on securing their first under 20,s win in a very longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time 1 win from 1 game so far, maybe CL should promote this guy into the position full time as jack ross,s record of PLAYED 43 , WON 8 , LOST 27 , DRAWN 8 , CONCEDING 106 GOALS SCORING ONLY 56 GOALS last season and this season so far is truly abysmal how this guy can still be in a job is beyond belief if he was an spl mananger he would have been sacked long ago

How did you get 43 games for him? Are you counting friendlies?

disgruntledfan

Is that you Mr Fox  :look:

One of the lads at the game just text to say Swanson has been booked walking onto the park for the second half.

Has this been confirmed anywhere?

Just asking before I go off on a seethe-a-thon.

disgruntledfan

Yes confirmed, seemingly a wee bit of arguing in the tunnel with a utd player, both booked.

shonerbaird69

check the 20s stats for last 2 seasons it gets worse,absolutely shocking

shonerbaird69

Is that you Mr Fox  :look:

ha ha  not mr fox but someone who knows what there talking about, the good work carried out by all coaches in the past 10 years  is being destroyed by this new regime that,s taken over 

shonerbaird69

Who on earth knows such stats for a reserve coach??! (If even correct!)

if your a fan of club it should be your duty to know what is happening within the academy also 

Morgaro Gomis

ha ha  not mr fox but someone who knows what there talking about, the good work carried out by all coaches in the past 10 years  is being destroyed by this new regime that,s taken over

:rofl:

You can't be serious!

ha ha not mr fox but someone who knows what there talking about, the good work carried out by all coaches in the past 10 years is being destroyed by this new regime that,s taken over

Don't want to burst your bubble but Mr Fox is very much part of this "new regime".

scott herbertson

Don't want to burst your bubble but Mr Fox is very much part of this "new regime".

surely not....

5172.jpg?w=300&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

Hoping Danny Swanson can get a run in the team soon. He is an attacking midfielder which has been missing from the team .

Jambo 4 Ever

It was an odd sort of a game with both sides having about the same amount of possession, but Hearts experience in Swanson and Arnaud gave them the edge.

Hearts passed up a fair number of chances by trying to play the perfect pass rather than shoot. Gavin Reilly looks is if he is lacking confidence in his own ability to score goals. Buchanan and Zanatta also missed good opportunities. United's keeper had a few decent stops in the first half.

Equally so, United's shooting was pretty poor, but the probably deserved at least one goal on the basis of the chances they had in the second half.

I thought that Djoum was our best player with decent contributions from Zanatta and Baur.

Would it be worth sending Reilly out on loan? (Perhaps to QoTS) to regain confidence?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Well done to Hearts under 20,s coach Liam Fox on securing their first under 20,s win in a very longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time 1 win from 1 game so far, maybe CL should promote this guy into the position full time as jack ross,s record of PLAYED 43 , WON 8 , LOST 27 , DRAWN 8 , CONCEDING 106 GOALS SCORING ONLY 56 GOALS last season and this season so far is truly abysmal how this guy can still be in a job is beyond belief if he was an spl mananger he would have been sacked long ago

The whole point of the under 20s is to give fringe players some game time, help get players back from injury etc. It is 100% geared towards preparing players for the first team. Results are not important in the slightest.

ha ha not mr fox but someone who knows what there talking about, the good work carried out by all coaches in the past 10 years is being destroyed by this new regime that,s taken over

So just to clarify your saying Craig Levein out?

We_are_the_Hearts

The whole point of the under 20s is to give fringe players some game time, help get players back from injury etc. It is 100% geared towards preparing players for the first team. Results are not important in the slightest.

Exactly the post is ridiculous BUT I do think the progress has been slower than anticipated. Would have expected a couple to be showing signs of first team material by now and at least make the bench. Maybe the whole structure was even more a shambles than was reported. Strange how Hibs were in the same state and are also playing catch up.  

Exactly the post is ridiculous BUT I do think the progress has been slower than anticipated. Would have expected a couple to be showing signs of first team material by now and at least make the bench. Maybe the whole structure was even more a shambles than was reported. Strange how Hibs were in the same state and are also playing catch up.

We didn't have an U20s academy side when Ann and Craig came in per say.

We didn't have the players because they had all been fast tracked to the first team and we were left with a gaping hole between ages 16 and 20.

Over the summer we have built a new development league with new players being brought to the club. Changed the phylosphy of how players are developed and brought in new coaches who will use this modern phylosphy.

All of these changes take a short time to implement but it could take years for the players to start appearing to the standard we hope for. It could be our U14s that end up producing the first of these better developed players because they have been raised in this new style.

Shame that a decent victory and overall good performance by the young team has been overlooked for another pop at the coaching regime. Several players improving and younger ones showing why they have been given contracts. Liam Smith is on the fringes of first team action, Sean McKirdy been on the bench a few times and played, Callumn Morrison has had first team exposure, Angus Beith is recovering from surgery and I'm sure will be close to fringes others are developing on loan Henderson, Buchanan and Roy so all in all things look to be heading in the right direction. There are only a few at each age group will make it through to a first team contract at clubs and are still there ie Sam (95) Billy, Jack, Calum (94), Jamie (93), others such as McKay,Oliver and Carrick have since been moved on and I'm sure most clubs have similar examples.

Winston Ingram

No complaints at all if that is indeed the case. 

Disagree. You cannot completely disregard results for professional football players. Young kids yes, pros no. Otherwise what is the point of the league? Why not just play 30 friendly games?

A team that loses and loses and loses at whatever level has something wrong with it.. either the young players aren't up to a required standard or the first team guys dropping down aren't treating it seriously enough. Winning also breeds a certain mentality and confidence that can only help. Of course it isn't the be all and end all at a development level but we can't completely ignore it. To turn on its head, if our development team was winning youth cups and leagues, they'd be parading and applauded round Tynecastle. 

yep

these 14/15 year olds that played regularly for U20s last season aren't pushing for places in first team

disgrace

jambos are go!

Youth development is and always will be a high risk strategy. There will be a lot more famine than feast. So some clubs look at it as a luxury they cant afford. Look at the lower leagues full of players on the way down from home or abroad. Whilst we let James McFadden and Greg Stewart get away there are hundreds who did not go onto greater things .

Changing focus to skill development and technique may help but wont end the glut of realised potential.

Footballfirst

I've been trying to reconcile the quoted numbers with my own records. It seems that the OP has included certain friendly matches from this season, but none from last season.  Excluding last night's game, the league record under Jack is P37, W8 D7 and L22 F52 A86.  His cup record is P2 W1 D0 L1 F3 A7.

For the record, last season's friendlies were P5 W3 D2 L0 F26 A4, and this season P7 W1 D1 L5 F11 A21

Winston Ingram

I've been trying to reconcile the quoted numbers with my own records. It seems that the OP has included certain friendly matches from this season, but none from last season.  Excluding last night's game, the league record under Jack is P37, W8 D7 and L22 F52 A86.  His cup record is P2 W1 D0 L1 F3 A7.

For the record, last season's friendlies were P5 W3 D2 L0 F26 A4, and this season P7 W1 D1 L5 F11 A21

More importantly, do we know why he didn't take the team last night? 

Footballfirst

More importantly, do we know why he didn't take the team last night? 

A family matter as far as I'm aware. Nothing untoward.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

yep

these 14/15 year olds that played regularly for U20s last season aren't pushing for places in first team

disgrace

This is pretty much where we are at. One of the most disturbing issues emanating from Admin, was the inability to recruit even youth players. A big hole was blown in that dept, hence some of the earliest recruits in the summer was designed to strengthen it, to avoid 15 year olds being asked to play against 5 Aberdeen over age players, the ilk of Robson, Langfield etc.

I'm afraid some people just look at the headline and not actually peer in behind the story to find reality. Jack Ross may be a great coach, he may be a rubbish one, but we sure wont know from simply quoting stats, from the mismatch he suffered nearly every week last season.

Seymour M Hersh

An alternative stat is that they have only lost one competitive game out of six this season.

Oops that won't fit well with the wum.

Yes confirmed, seemingly a wee bit of arguing in the tunnel with a utd player, both booked.

Okay. Bad, but not as bad getting done for 'entering the pitch without permission' which was how it seemed to be worded last night.

Still think winning is important,it breeds confidence.

Archived