Craig Gordon - To be best in the Europe/World?

Millfield_Mackem

Our Craig isny the best looking/most photogenic laddie in the world, is he? He also looks gutted he's having to wear green.

brellierlegend

Ever think of smiling Craig? lol

I think Gordon does have the potential to become one of the best keepers in Europe. From his time at Hearts I felt he was a little weak in two areas.

1) His kicking.

2) I feel he could come off his line more and be a little more commanding.

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=14958

Wise words from Burley. :P

Also, in other news 'Craig goes Green!'. I have to say, that shirt is vile. Also, on the second page, Gordon looks a bit bent.

http://www.safc.com/home/?page_id=14960&cp=0

Us Jambos have been saying it for years :rolleyes: but it's nice to seee Burley bumming him up.

As for the goalies kit : that has to be one of the dreariest outfits ever.

It's more like a camouflage outfit.

Millfield_Mackem
Ever think of smiling Craig? lol

I think Gordon does have the potential to become one of the best keepers in Europe. From his time at Hearts I felt he was a little weak in two areas.

1) His kicking.

2) I feel he could come off his line more and be a little more commanding.

Many of our supporters have spotted them weaknesses. His kicking has vastly improved and towards the end of the season, vocally he was excellent and commanded his box well, due to the presence of Jonny Evans

Noticed his kicking has improved a lot this season.

To be honest, i'm not to fussed about Craig being the undisputed #1 best goalkeeper in the whole wide entire world, simply taking pride in the fact that we've brought through a guy who is now undoubtably one of the top 10 players in his position in the world. Something we don't give ourselves nearly enough credit for.

Makes a change from the days when we had to argue over him merely looking good because he plays in the SPL.

John Findlay

On natural ability he is one of the best in the world already. But as an all round goalkeeper he still has alot of work to do.

John

vegas-voss

I guess that puts to bed all talk of Macgregor replacing him soon as Scotlands no1

Many of our supporters have spotted them weaknesses. His kicking has vastly improved and towards the end of the season, vocally he was excellent and commanded his box well, due to the presence of Jonny Evans

Who's your GK coach?

John Findlay
I guess that puts to bed all talk of Macgregor replacing him soon as Scotlands no1

It wont stop the Glasgow media from trying led by SDM bandwagonner in chief Keith Jackson.

John

marshallschunkychicken

That strip is honking!

:boak:

Are Sunderland trying to force the lad out of the club?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Noticed his kicking has improved a lot this season.

To be honest, i'm not to fussed about Craig being the undisputed #1 best goalkeeper in the whole wide entire world, simply taking pride in the fact that we've brought through a guy who is now undoubtably one of the top 10 players in his position in the world. Something we don't give ourselves nearly enough credit for.

Makes a change from the days when we had to argue over him merely looking good because he plays in the SPL.

Sorry but he is nowhere near one of the top 10 keepers in the world.

He is a great keeper but has a long, long way to go to even be considered as one of the best.

Ibrahim Tall
Sorry but he is nowhere near one of the top 10 keepers in the world.

He is a great keeper but has a long, long way to go to even be considered as one of the best.

Casillas, Buffon, Cech, Van Der Sarr? Past that there isn't many i'd definetly have ahead of him imo.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Casillas, Buffon, Cech, Van Der Sarr? Past that there isn't many i'd definetly have ahead of him imo.

Mate, half the Premiership are on par with CG!

He has outstanding natural ability but as a complete GK he has a lot of flaws in his game (that will improve in time)

I'm not taking anything away from him ... he was amazing for us. Just commenting without my maroon tinted glasses on!

Mate, half the Premiership are on par with CG!

He has outstanding natural ability but as a complete GK he has a lot of flaws in his game (that will improve in time)

I'm not taking anything away from him ... he was amazing for us. Just commenting without my maroon tinted glasses on!

Kerekt. Goalkeepers are judged on their consistency and reliability as well as their general ability. CG made a number of suspect mistakes last season (particularly at the start) and, until these are ironed out, he won't be conisdered one of the 'elite'.

If (when) these flaws are fixed, then he has every chance of matching or even surpassing the list of great 'keepers Nino listed above. As he is just now, though, he's nowhere near, IMO.

jamboinglasgow

Even my Rangers mad flatmate thinks Gordon is way better, but thinks MacGregor is a great goalie as well. Think its really good to know that Scotland have two really good goalies, who will be around for a long time to come.

sandy hearts

with the exception of cech all the 'best goalkeepers' in the world are over 30 so if you were to take how much experience he has and age into account i would say he probably is one of the top 10

Van Der Sar

Foster

Cech

Cudicini

Almunia

Riena

Howard

Carson

Friedel

James

Green

Robinson

Given

Schwarzer

Kirkland

Jaaskelainen

Hahnemann

Without the maroon tinted specs I'd say these players were as good, if not better than Craig Gordon. Give him a few more years though and he'll be better than alot of them.

Dr Ian Malcolm
Van Der Sar

Foster

Cech

Cudicini

Almunia

Riena

Howard

Carson

Friedel

James

Green

Robinson

Given

Schwarzer

Kirkland

Jaaskelainen

Hahnemann

Without the maroon tinted specs I'd say these players were as good, if not better than Craig Gordon. Give him a few more years though and he'll be better than alot of them.

Robinson and Carson have been found out at International level big time - can't say the same about Gordon. Foster has had one good season at Watford and still has it all to prove, and Hanhemann? Surely you're not suggesting hes even close to Gordon?

strachan04
Van Der Sar

Foster

Cech

Cudicini

Almunia

Riena

Howard

Carson

Friedel

James

Green

Robinson

Given

Schwarzer

Kirkland

Jaaskelainen

Hahnemann

Have we forgotten about Buffon as well? most expensive 'keeper mind. :P

I don't know who would be in the running for number one though. Buffon could be in for a shout because I don't think Cech's been the same since that head knock. Can't blame him really.

Robinson and Carson have been found out at International level big time - can't say the same about Gordon. Foster has had one good season at Watford and still has it all to prove, and Hanhemann? Surely you're not suggesting hes even close to Gordon?

True, but I wouldn't say Gordon was under pressure when he plays for Scotland. The English media always speculate about who'll have the England number 1.

As for Hahnemann, he's a solid goalkeeper and he's better than The Championship.

Have we forgotten about Buffon as well? most expensive 'keeper mind. :P

I don't know who would be in the running for number one though. Buffon could be in for a shout because I don't think Cech's been the same since that head knock. Can't blame him really.

It's a list of Premiership players, or I'd have Buffon, Cassilas and Coupet etc...

Gordon needs a few more years yet.

tommythejambo
Van Der Sar

Foster - Maybe, not seen anything of him since he left Watford. Can't get a game over Kuzcak (sp) so can't be THAT good

Cech

Cudicini - Yer a**e if he wan't past it and had any ambition I'd say maybe. Looked Tam Kite every time he's played for Chelsea lately though.

Almunia - Dodgy.

Riena - Can kick and has great reflexes but not that good an all round goalie.

Howard - No explaination needed, one of teh worst goalies in the Prem.

Carson - Nah

Friedel

James

Green

Robinson - Don't make me laugh. fat and useless. Struggles to get a game over one of the most dodgy goalies (Cerny) I've seen in my puff.

Given

Schwarzer - Rank rotten. At fault for all 4 when Middlesborough lost the UEFa cup final, truly awful goalkeeper.

Kirkland

Jaaskelainen

Hahnemann - if goalkeeping was all about palming shots into your own net and not being very good, he'd be up there.

That's my opinion anyway.

blondejamtart

Robinson better than Gordon? :rofl: He's not even fit to lace Craigy's boots - and that's being nice! :angel:

I don't think there are many keepers better than CG in one on ones. His positioning is always excellent. At times I think he is underrated as he doesn't have to make spectacular saves all that often due to his awareness.

Nucky Thompson

Do they not do any decent acne treatments these days:rolleyes:

If Gordon does not win 'keeper of the year next year in England I'll be surprised. To come back from a dodgy start and produce shows his character.

Van Der Sar

Foster

Cech

Cudicini

Almunia

Riena

Howard

Carson

Friedel

James

Green

Robinson

Given

Schwarzer

Kirkland

Jaaskelainen

Hahnemann

As a Spurs fan I feel confident enough to say that is THE worst footballing opinion ever. Paul Robinson is just so rank rotten it's hard to put into words. Gordon is so much better.

Plus, Foster? Based on what?

Not too convinced by the shouts of Hahnemann, Jaaskelainen, Schwarzer, Carson, Howard and Cudicini either.

Spose it's all about opinions. Apart from the Robinson one, just plain wrong :cool:

Craig is very aware if the weker areas of his game and has been working very hard to improve them.

Give him three more years and he'll be up there with the greats.

?9million was a bargain.

Jubilee Spree
Craig is very aware if the weker areas of his game and has been working very hard to improve them.

Give him three more years and he'll be up there with the greats.

?9million was a bargain.

He made some top saves today but came flapping for a few crosses, especially in the first half.

Still young in goalkeeper terms though - long way to go - but at this stage he's one of the best goalkeepers Scotland has ever seen

Prince Buaben
Foster is not even the number 2 keeper at Man Utd.

He has been injured for most of the season though but will force his way in

Charlie-Brown
Who cares Gordon is a Mackem now no longer a Heart of Midlothian player.

Craig Gordon is Hearts through and through and currently the best testament of our ability to produce good players. :)

Craig Gordon is Hearts through and through and currently the best testament of our ability to produce good players. :)

But he doesn't play for us now, get over it

Some of the goalkeepers on that post listed as being better than Gordon are ridiculous, IMO.

Hahnemann, Schwarzer, Carson, Howard, Reina, Almunia, Cudicini and Ben Foster.. WTF?

But he doesn't play for us now, get over it

So we can't be proud of ex-players?

Ok no celebrating the former talents of Bobby Walker, Tommy Walker, Willie Bauld, Jimmy Wardhaugh, Alfie Conn, Dave Mackay, John Cumming, Alex Young, Jimmy Murray, Donald Ford, Alex McDonald, Henry Smith, Gary Mackay, John Colqhoun, John Robertson, Gilles Rousset, Stephane Adam, Steven Pressley, Colin Cameron, Antti Niemi or Paul Hartley?

What? They don't play for Hearts anymore either.

There's nothing wrong with being proud of former players, despite them still playing football for another club. Especially one who is a top class talent, came through our youth system, was a Hearts fan all his life and was captain of the club.

Archived