Today's subs

Wolfstar

Wa expecting to come home and see this thread. Subbing Sow was baffling. He was by far our most dangerous and effective player. We subbed a striker for a midfielder and then a midfielder for a striker. Second sub does he haw and then gets sent off for a petulant kick. The ref was absolutely howling today, but Neilson subbing Sow was a basic tactical error and a decision which no one round about me could fathom.

Sow is the best player in the team or certainly one of them he should not be subbed for protecting a lead.

Neilson is too negative we would be a better team with a more positive manager.

You need to take your head out of the sand if you believe neilson is the answer

Notorious BIG

We won't be for much longer.

If we want to be challenging up at the very top, we need to get a manager in who knows how to positively influence a game. Neilson doesn't know when or why to make changes, he just does it and hopes for the best.

I'm not saying he's a terrible manager he's just incredibly inexperienced and I'd rather we didn't have a manager who's a bit out of his depth at the minute leading the team. It's unfortunate as this season the league was totally up for grabs, Celtic are the weakest they've been in years and Aberdeen are having a bit of a wobbly as well. We won't be anywhere near it with the way he's been setting the team up lately and his lack of decent decision making.

In robbie I trust :eek:

This is nuts!

Heart of Midlothian FC works closely with our partners Heriot-Watt University and the Hearts Youth Development Committee (HYDC) to deliver the very best Academy programme.

The success of the philosophy at Heart of Midlothian Football Club is dependent upon the teamwork, dedication and effort from every member of staff.

There is a genuine belief in the purpose, objective and philosophy of the Academy by staff at all levels of the club from head coach Robbie Neilson right down to the junior Academy coaches.

Folks are forgetting what's was stated right back at the beginning of last season. Robbie is on a learning and training curve that will last for 3 years. As are all the other coaching staff. One and a bit seasons and folk are decrying Robbie. Championship winner and sitting 3rd in the Premiership. Not bad for a rookie manager.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Management Speak.

I'm happy with RN but he is not beyond criticism.

the Hearts way

Kilmarnock were by some way the poorest team I?ve seen his season.   Unfortunately, we were really poor as well.  Can we get back to trying to pass and play?  How many aimless punts up the park did you count from Augustyn, who by the way is a cart horse.    Only Nicholson, Rossi, Sow and Oshinawa showed anything like enough desire.

the Hearts way

Sow is the best player in the team or certainly one of them he should not be subbed for protecting a lead.

Neilson is too negative we would be a better team with a more positive manager.

You need to take your head out of the sand if you believe neilson is the answer

How about Derek McInnes?   Far more experienced and Aberdeen would never play the way we did at home.

Kilmarnock were by some way the poorest team I?ve seen his season. Unfortunately, we were really poor as well. Can we get back to trying to pass and play? How many aimless punts up the park did you count from Augustyn, who by the way is a cart horse. Only Nicholson, Rossi, Sow and Oshinawa showed anything like enough desire.

I totally agree with this maybe put Walker in there am not one for getting on at the players but Prince is not good enough to be keeping Pallardo out the team and Gomis plays himself into trouble God knows what has happened to Patterson twice he just punted it out of the park under no pressure good in the air mind!

Heart of Midlothian FC works closely with our partners Heriot-Watt University and the Hearts Youth Development Committee (HYDC) to deliver the very best Academy programme.

The success of the philosophy at Heart of Midlothian Football Club is dependent upon the teamwork, dedication and effort from every member of staff.

There is a genuine belief in the purpose, objective and philosophy of the Academy by staff at all levels of the club from head coach Robbie Neilson right down to the junior Academy coaches.

Folks are forgetting what's was stated right back at the beginning of last season. Robbie is on a learning and training curve that will last for 3 years. As are all the other coaching staff. One and a bit seasons and folk are decrying Robbie. Championship winner and sitting 3rd in the Premiership. Not bad for a rookie manager.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cast No Shadow

Has the penny dropped yet for the dafties that continue to defend Buaben on here? :lol:

Ron Burgundy

How about Derek McInnes?   Far more experienced and Aberdeen would never play the way we did at home.

Tbf McInnes doesn't have a reputation of keeking his pants in big games.

Neilson has a fair bit to go before he can be classed as successful as him.

Sad thing is the only thing stopping him is himself.

We won't be for much longer.

If we want to be challenging up at the very top, we need to get a manager in who knows how to positively influence a game. Neilson doesn't know when or why to make changes, he just does it and hopes for the best.

I'm not saying he's a terrible manager he's just incredibly inexperienced and I'd rather we didn't have a manager who's a bit out of his depth at the minute leading the team. It's unfortunate as this season the league was totally up for grabs, Celtic are the weakest they've been in years and Aberdeen are having a bit of a wobbly as well. We won't be anywhere near it with the way he's been setting the team up lately and his lack of decent decision making.

In robbie I trust :eek:

One of the things that has stood out about Robbie as a manager is he is very good at making the right changes to change games. He's s done it this season and did it numerous times last season. His subs didn't work today thats all.

No league wins in five games. We've only been comfortable in one game this season, the Motherwell mid-week game early season. The defence is woeful and we got lucky at Darkheid last week. I blamed Collum for the defeat at Hamilton, there was no excuse to lose to Inverness, they were struggling before playing us, Aberdeen only won because we let them dictate play in the first half, added to defensive mistakes and they struggled in the second half against us when we pulled a goal back. The press had everyone believe that they were some fantastic footballing team, I wasn't particularly impressed with them despite their 3-0 halftime lead. Hibs proved how average they are when they knocked them out the League Cup. The same Hibs team that couldn't beat St Mirren last week, St Johnstone hammered them today. We got two extremely late goals last week against Killie in the Cup and today, although we were unlucky not to score more goals, Neilson feked it up with his subs. If he wanted to take Sow off then he should've brought Reilly on, a straight like-for-like swap, Swanston is pish and shouldn't even be at the club. Neilson hasn't enough experience at SPL level, time to go before he starts affecting the players' confidence. Dundee Utd next? New manager in place for them possibly? I wouldn't put any money on us getting a win or even a draw up there, unless we have a Celtic park moment and get lucky.

Could be worse. We could support one of the 9 teams below us. Much better to make our mistakes earlynin the season while still staying in 3rd.

airdriejambo3

Not only did him make the wrong subs, I honestly have never seen a manager so unwilling to use all his options, Prince seems to tire just after had time in every match (although he has improved slightly) surely giving the new boy at least the last 15 to help Gomis out a bit or even pallardo. But or subs today totally sold the game showed Killie we were shitting ourselves at only being 1-0, Robbie out thought by Lockie who's tactics board is strictly only used for subutteo and blow football competitions.

Robbie Neilson found out massively this season.

Maybe needs to move to a team in the lower divisions as that's obviously his level just now.

Team is all over the place lately and it's down to his decision making. I don't think he knows how to read an opposition team at all.

Absolutely this^^^^ Nelson was ripped a new one buy Locke's tactics. We looked really good going forward so he decided to sit back to try and protect a one goal lead and we just invited them on to us.

Maybe needs to move to a team in the lower divisions as that's obviously his level just now.

Team is all over the place lately and it's down to his decision making. I don't think he knows how to read an opposition team at all.

This truly is an utterly fecking shite post.

People like you almost deserve to be watching Hearts stagnating in the championship with pish and shite like Scott Robinson scurrying around for spouting inane drivel like this.

We've been promoted from the second tier. We've won 5 and drawn 2 of our opening 10 league games and sit 3rd after almost a full round of games.

I think you've been drinking on an empty head

It's a substitution you might make late in a game if the opponent is starting to get a foot hold and we are under a bit of pressure.  But we were comfortable and still looking the more likely to get a goal, with Sow one of the biggest threats along with Sam.

If Robbie did feel the need to shore things up, he should have taken Juanma off, who was starting to look like he was running out of gas.

But personally, I would have left them both on and made the most obvious substitution that was crying out to be made - Buaben off, for either Swanson or Pallardo.

People like you almost deserve to be watching Hearts stagnating in the championship with pish and shite like Scott Robinson scurrying around for spouting inane drivel like this.

We've been promoted from the second tier. We've won 5 and drawn 2 of our opening 10 league games and sit 3rd after almost a full round of games.

He needs to be transported back to the period between 1977 and 1982, so he could understand what a really shite Hearts team looks like.

Agreed, has found his level, we are back to hoof ball again, coaching staff look out of their depth, and strange substitutions.

One of the things that has stood out about Robbie as a manager is he is very good at making the right changes to change games. He's s done it this season and did it numerous times last season. His subs didn't work today thats all.

Really.... I have thought this has always been a weakness for him and can't think of a game this season where he has made a change that has had a positive outcome on a game.

Swanson for Gomis/Bauben was the sub to make, not Sow. 4-4-2 was working.

Exactly.... Crazy decision. Lost us 2 points.

Conservative substitution made by the manager when we needed to stay on the front foot.

When at home take the play to the opposition

Kilmarnock were by some way the poorest team I?ve seen his season.   Unfortunately, we were really poor as well.  Can we get back to trying to pass and play?  How many aimless punts up the park did you count from Augustyn, who by the way is a cart horse.    Only Nicholson, Rossi, Sow and Oshinawa showed anything like enough desire.

I think Motherwell and Partick both looked worse than Kilmarnock in terms of threat going forward.  Agree we had 5 or 6 gilt edged chances and should have won by a mile

Conservative substitution made by the manager when we needed to stay on the front foot.

When at home take the play to the opposition

In a nutshell.

And you could sense the mood in the ground change almost instantly.

Jambof3tornado

played with 10 men for the head injury to Rossi. Then Alexander has an injury for a wee while too..

Was alexanders injury tactical? Sow passed on a message from robbie to our keeper, who went down to allow our medical staff time to treat the defenders head wound.

Really.... I have thought this has always been a weakness for him and can't think of a game this season where he has made a change that has had a positive outcome on a game.

Walker at Kilmarnock in League Cup last week.

Changes at half time at Dens Park, albeit after getting it wrong to start with.

He just has an opinion on a manager.

Promotion means nothing now. We should be strolling to third with our squad. It's backward thinking to pretend that everything is fine just now and a ridiculous assumption about a manager that has never managed at this level.

People should be allowed to question a manager or player on here.

Was alexanders injury tactical? Sow passed on a message from robbie to our keeper, who went down to allow our medical staff time to treat the defenders head wound.

My brother said the same thing. Guess a smart thing to do to save playing with less men.

But that is the last 2 weeks sow has been taken off before Juanma when sow leads the line better on his own. And if we play 4-4-2 in the next few matches hopefully we can leave the 2 of them on for the full games and make the subs out of the midfield 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived