Killie Chairman now trying the emotional blackmail.

vegas-voss

vegas-voss

Bit in the Sun with the Killie chairmen telling JJ not to let his heart rule his head if Romanov makes an approach for him.He goes onto say that JJ has a great job he has his own backroom team and his own squad of players to pick from(obvious little dig)

He can try all he wants but JJ would walk in a second if we came in for him. Some how though i don't think we will.

Maroon Mayhem
He can try all he wants but JJ would walk in a second if we came in for him. Some how though i don't think we will.

JJ does seem an obvious choice but I agree with you, something just doesn't feel right about it.

Killie chairman just clutching at straws, he knows that nothing will stop JJ if the call comes.

I would let my heart rule my head. Why i renewed :confused:

Wish they would offfer me the job. We could have a KB management team.. That many 'experts' on here. If JJ got offered i think he would be back...

God I hope you are right.

JJ does seem an obvious choice but I agree with you, something just doesn't feel right about it.

I think JJ's achievements would be tarnished if he came back. Him, CL and Robbo have all been there done it. Out of all the names doing the rounds, it has to be Davies.

brellierlegend
I think JJ's achievements would be tarnished if he came back. Him, CL and Robbo have all been there done it. Out of all the names doing the rounds, it has to be Davies.

Why? Davies is an arrogant little turd. He said yesterday he would never apply for a job because his reputation goes before him. I think he is a nasty piece of work and I would much rather have Jefferies at Tynecastle.

Not convinced of any of the names mentioned so far - JJ would be a short term gamble IMHO and may well bring that turd Brown with him.

Not convinced of any of the names mentioned so far - JJ would be a short term gamble IMHO and may well bring that turd Brown with him.

That is fair comment but I'm sure JJ would accept in a flash subject to assurances and would be acceptable to most fans because he is one of us.

That may not sit too well with our hierarchy, so how about a compromise with this guy Ashworth being his assistant. Coming from the Latvian league and being able to speak Russian would be plus points with the Board. He and JJ would provide contrasts that might just blend eg young/old, experienced/inexperienced (relatively), one knowing the Scottish scene while the other knows the E European scene. It would also give Ashworth a chance to display to some extent his managerial talents in the UK. Who knows it might just work. Tin hat on.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hmmm. Ashworth sounds like Valdas with better English so I don't see how JJ working with him would work.

Bit in the Sun with the Killie chairmen telling JJ not to let his heart rule his head if Romanov makes an approach for him.He goes onto say that JJ has a great job he has his own backroom team and his own squad of players to pick from(obvious little dig)

What squad of players? Every year they sell they're top scorer, and they're that thread bare that 2 injuries leaves them struggling for a starting eleven.

Drylaw Hearts
That is fair comment but I'm sure JJ would accept in a flash subject to assurances and would be acceptable to most fans because he is one of us.

That may not sit too well with our hierarchy, so how about a compromise with this guy Ashworth being his assistant. Coming from the Latvian league and being able to speak Russian would be plus points with the Board. He and JJ would provide contrasts that might just blend eg young/old, experienced/inexperienced (relatively), one knowing the Scottish scene while the other knows the E European scene. It would also give Ashworth a chance to display to some extent his managerial talents in the UK. Who knows it might just work. Tin hat on.

What has Ashworth done in the game to make you think he can do a job at Tynecastle ?

Before yesterday I very much doubt if you had even heard of the man.

What has Ashworth done in the game to make you think he can do a job at Tynecastle ?

Before yesterday I very much doubt if you had even heard of the man.

I had indeed heard of him as his name was mentioned months ago on the rumours site.

I don't know if he can do a job at Tynecastle and I'm 100% sure you don't know of anyone else who can either. Any appointment is a risk with no guarantees but if you read my post properly I was suggesting such an appointment with JJ could be a COMPROMISE suitable to the Board and I did say he was RELATIVELY INEXPERIENCED.

Also if you read around, you will see he is a 38 year old Englishman, was on Norwich's books but was released at age 18, didn't sit around scratching himself but opened a ball skills centre and has 8 years management experience in Germany and Latvia. That strikes me as someone with a bit of substance but yes he's probably not on the same plane as Scolari, Hiddink etc.

Apologies here as there is a separate thread on Ashworth suggesting the same thing, which if I had read it before my earlier post would not have needed to post.

Drylaw Hearts
I had indeed heard of him as his name was mentioned months ago on the rumours site.

A quick search on this forum tells me his name has not been mentioned previously before this week.

If his name had been on rumours site linking him with Hearts I'm 99.9% sure someone form JKB would have noticed it and posted the link.

I don't know if he can do a job at Tynecastle and I'm 100% sure you don't know of anyone else who can either. Any appointment is a risk with no guarantees but if you read my post properly I was suggesting such an appointment with JJ could be a COMPROMISE suitable to the Board and I did say he was RELATIVELY INEXPERIENCED.

I agree any appointment is a risk but you really want to minimise that risk if possible.

Also if you read around, you will see he is a 38 year old Englishman, was on Norwich's books but was released at age 18, didn't sit around scratching himself but opened a ball skills centre and has 8 years management experience in Germany and Latvia. That strikes me as someone with a bit of substance but yes he's probably not on the same plane as Scolari, Hiddink etc.

If the above is enough to make you think he is suitable for a job at Hearts then I would have to say you'll be in the minority.

BTW, he hasn't Managed in Germany. He was a Youth Development Officer at Cambridge Utd and Peterborough. He moved to Latvia and then onto Russia before going back to Latvia.

Has he been any good in his jobs ? Who knows ?

I bet you don't.

To suggest he could be an Assistant without having any real knowledge of the guy is just ridiculous.

If JJ loves the club so much and would walk back in a minute, why did he leave for Bradford City, ripping us off big style with his compensation claim?

No doubt if Davies and CL knock us back he will be offered the job, and hopefully if he does take it, we will see the good side of him, and not the huffy git who nearly got us relegated.

Rudolf's Mate
Why? Davies is an arrogant little turd. He said yesterday he would never apply for a job because his reputation goes before him. I think he is a nasty piece of work and I would much rather have Jefferies at Tynecastle.

Nail on the heard..... Have always said that I didn't want him and he has made sure we won't go for him by saying this!!!

Hearts ARE JJ's emotional blackmail.

He has a million times more attachment to this club than he does to Kilmarnock.

A quick search on this forum tells me his name has not been mentioned previously before this week.

If his name had been on rumours site linking him with Hearts I'm 99.9% sure someone form JKB would have noticed it and posted the link.

His name has been linked with us on the rumours site. I am not a liar!

I agree any appointment is a risk but you really want to minimise that risk if possible.

With someone as astute as JJ beside him the risk would be minimised but I am sure you'll be able to belt out loads of realistic alternatives.

If the above is enough to make you think he is suitable for a job at Hearts then I would have to say you'll be in the minority.

I suggested he and JJ may be a compromise acceptable to the Board. Are you really that thick? He is not my favoured option and I'm only suggesting Assistant Manager to JJ

BTW, he hasn't Managed in Germany. He was a Youth Development Officer at Cambridge Utd and Peterborough. He moved to Latvia and then onto Russia before going back to Latvia.

I'll take your word for it re Germany although that was my recollection

Has he been any good in his jobs ?

Who knows ?

I bet you don't.

He won Coach of the year in Latvia and has also finished second in the league. Don't know how strong the league was but Sir A F managed East Stirling on the way up. Little acorns and tall oaks.

To suggest he could be an Assistant without having any real knowledge of the guy is just ridiculous.

Drylaw Hearts

I am really that thick ?

No.

But I'll ask you again why are you suggesting Paul Ashworth as an Assistant when you don't know how good he is at his job ?

I am really that thick ?

No.

But I'll ask you again why are you suggesting Paul Ashworth as an Assistant when you don't know how good he is at his job ?

Because he appears to be a man of substance, didn't sit around when thrown on the scrapheap at 18, was willing to take risks to enhance his life (skills centre), didn't hang around the UK waiting for jobs to come to him and and has a decent managerial record albeit relative to the league he is in - and as I said Fergie started with E. Stirling.

Now could you tell me why you said that Vlad told Fedovotas how to vote in the Burley situation. Were you there or did someone who was there tell you? Or do you make assumptions or just pick up on idle gossip?

Through in Ayr on business today - two of the people I met through there are big Killie fans and the feeling amongst a lot of Killie fans is that JJ and Gary Locke will move to Hearts and Billy Brown will stay put and be the next Killie manager.

rudi must stay
Through in Ayr on business today - two of the people I met through there are big Killie fans and the feeling amongst a lot of Killie fans is that JJ and Gary Locke will move to Hearts and Billy Brown will stay put and be the next Killie manager.

seems too good to be true imo. JJ and Brown have been a management team for a long long time and i doubt he'd drop him, unless Brown's told him he doesn't want to go back to Hearts..

Archived