On a happier note:

Meadows

The Kickback charity team played their first game in the Summer league last night. looking resplendent in complete Hearts strips we got off to a good start against Brewer Dolphin,a team that have played together a bit longer than our guys.Two goals in the opening twenty minutes got us on our way with some excellent play,hard work and great off ball running.Playing uphill we tired a little and allowed the Dolphins to reduce the deficit after losing concentration in defence.After restoring our two goal advantage our lack of training began to show. Half time 3-1.

With the slope to our advantage we should have killed off the game but slack play,a missed penalty( Vinnie shall remain anon ) , missed chances and more slack play,and a deflected goal saw the score 3-3.

We then took the upper hand and began using the wings well,some great balls in were met with venom with one goal in particular worthy of a much higher stage.our finishing improved from the first half and we ran out 8-3 winners.

So, 3 points in the bag from a winning start,for kickback.

Just thought i'd change the subject and see if there is any interest from the posters regarding future results etc.;)

portobellojambo1
The Kickback charity team played their first game in the Summer league last night. looking resplendent in complete Hearts strips we got off to a good start against Brewer Dolphin,a team that have played together a bit longer than our guys.Two goals in the opening twenty minutes got us on our way with some excellent play,hard work and great off ball running.Playing uphill we tired a little and allowed the Dolphins to reduce the deficit after losing concentration in defence.After restoring our two goal advantage our lack of training began to show. Half time 3-1.

With the slope to our advantage we should have killed off the game but slack play,a missed penalty( Vinnie shall remain anon ) , missed chances and more slack play,and a deflected goal saw the score 3-3.

We then took the upper hand and began using the wings well,some great balls in were met with venom with one goal in particular worthy of a much higher stage.our finishing improved from the first half and we ran out 8-3 winners.

Just thought i'd change the subject and see if there is any interest from the posters regarding future results etc.;)

Forgive my ignorance on this but is it all JKB posters who play in the team ?

(I knew JKB had a team who played against the Hibs.net forum for charity once a year, but didn't realise this had been expanded to put a team into a local league).

Jambosimmy
Forgive my ignorance on this but is it all JKB posters who play in the team ?

(I knew JKB had a team who played against the Hibs.net forum for charity once a year, but didn't realise this had been expanded to put a team into a local league).

yeah you are spot on. we played against hibs.net back in march at tynie, a game we lost 4-3. we diceided to keep the team together and put it into the summer league which is held mainly at edinburgh academy.:)

Keep us updated then will you?

I need my fix of Jambo-related footy-action (i.e. not manager, stand, Vlad etc) news over the lean period of June/July.

'Happier note'?

Hearts?

Kickback?

I think you may be mistaken :sad:

Keep us updated then will you?

I need my fix of Jambo-related footy-action (i.e. not manager, stand, Vlad etc) news over the lean period of June/July.

No problem boof...will start 'proper' match reports using the posters/players names (as long as the lads agree !)

No problem boof...will start 'proper' match reports using the posters/players names (as long as the lads agree !)

I agree if it's positive, disagree if you're going to slate me in front of eveyone ;)

Spellczech

...and no arguing or name-calling - Cannot be representative of JKB. Can you make Prancer manager please?

Jambosimmy

agrred but as cairns said no slating. keep it clean now :P:p

agrred but as cairns said no slating. keep it clean now :P:p

No Slating.....mmmmm ;)

A central defensive partnership that makes Zaliukas & Petric look like Torville & Dean:rolleyes:

Are you suggesting that the JKB team and football aren't the cosiest of bedfellows? :P

basher the jambo
a deflected goal saw the score 3-3.

Im glab your not putting that down as an O.g.

I thought it was getting cleared and everyone missed it and came of my shins.

Im glab your not putting that down as an O.g.

I thought it was getting cleared and everyone missed it and came of my shins.

My Wee laddie called it an OG basher but you and i know that it should have been cleared by the defence;)

Nucky Thompson

You fancy yourself as a bit of an Alex Ferguson don't you Calum;)

You fancy yourself as a bit of an Alex Ferguson don't you Calum;)

Are you suggesting i like a drink??? :eek:

Don't quite agree with your summation.

Brewin Dolphin have played in the summer league for a couple of years, but the team that won last years league isn't available at the moment and the team that played certainly hadn't played together for any time- missing the regular goalkeeper (obvious by at least two of the JKB goals) , missing a former u18 scotland intl midfielder, a central defender who used to play juniors, a midfielder who played for clyde / celtic reserves and a few others who couldn't make it. I believe they only brought 11 players and ended up down to 10 because of injury. They also missed an open goal at 3-3.

Of course, an 8-3 result proves which team deserved to win, but a full Brewins team would've made it a much more interesting match and I think you discredit them with your match report - you sound a bit like John Motson discussing England!

basher the jambo

To be fair we were missing 3 guys from the starting 11 that played against Hibs. At 3-3 i thought yous were quiet lucky to be in the game at that time since it was one way traffic. All yous done was hit the ball long to the fast striker there was only one team looking to get the ball down and play.

Brewin Dolphin have played in the summer league for a couple of years, but the team that won last years league isn't available at the moment and the team that played certainly hadn't played together for any time- missing the regular goalkeeper (obvious by at least two of the JKB goals) , missing a former u18 scotland intl midfielder, a central defender who used to play juniors, a midfielder who played for clyde / celtic reserves and a few others who couldn't make it. I believe they only brought 11 players and ended up down to 10 because of injury. They also missed an open goal at 3-3.

Of course, an 8-3 result proves which team deserved to win, but a full Brewins team would've made it a much more interesting match and I think you discredit them with your match report - you sound a bit like John Motson discussing England!

Obviously a summation on kickback is going to 'lean' our way, yes you did miss an open goal but we missed a penalty to even it out.We also missed our Chilean with a broken bracelet,our Bosnian winger had the cold,our 17 stone forward was still eating his dinner and the fax machine was faulty.

We had'nt trained since 23rd march or played since 30th march but none of our guys went down with cramp;)

The game WAS a good game,played in a relatively good spirit and a great learning curve for our guys,hopefully we can both enjoy a good season.

Best Wishes

basher the jambo
How many actual JKB'ers play for this team?

I think most of the team use JKB its the same team from the charity match.

Carl Weathers

Hobo.

:)

Obviously a summation on kickback is going to 'lean' our way, yes you did miss an open goal but we missed a penalty to even it out.We also missed our Chilean with a broken bracelet,our Bosnian winger had the cold,our 17 stone forward was still eating his dinner and the fax machine was faulty.

We had'nt trained since 23rd march or played since 30th march but none of our guys went down with cramp;)

The game WAS a good game,played in a relatively good spirit and a great learning curve for our guys,hopefully we can both enjoy a good season.

Best Wishes

Well said! It was a good match and hopefully the JKB team can continue to improve and give the Hobos a good seeing to next year!

PS Your captain (and our central defender for that game) says it was a dive for the pen. You'll have to discuss that with him! ;)

Hobo.

:)

It's only taken 20 posts to be called a Hobo! Cheers mate - I now feel much more like one of the family! ;)

Next game 11/06/08 at Edinburgh Academy againt John Lewis. 6.30 KO.

Sounds a bit one-sided to me.

Archived